Fragmentation Or Liquidation?

On the Republic Airways Holdings et al...

Republic Airlines was originally formed by Wexford as a way around Chautauqua Airlines pilots not allowing J4J. It was to be a non-union shop, thus the company could permit J4J... It seems as though times have changed, and now Republic Airlines will be the EMB 170/190 operator for Republic Airways Holdings, while Chautauqua will be the EMB 135/140/145 operator...

I thought Shuttle America was somehow wrapped up in this too... Wexford pulled Shuttle out ok BK, and currently controls the airline. Their website confirms this. This is why, I presume, all of CHQ's Saabs and their old routes went to Shuttle, when Shuttle entered the US Airways Express program. (Pior to BK, Shuttle was an independent flying from Hanscom Field, Trenton, Buffalo, and Greensboro).

Although, I am a little confused as to why Shuttle America was not folded under the Republic Airways Holdings, with Wexford's other airline holdings? Maybe they were concerned that Shuttle would decrease the value of RJET (since Republic and CHQ operate on pay-per-departure, they make almost guaranteed revenue, where Shuttle's props are largely pro-rate deals (revenue share with the major, not guaranteed fee from the major).

US1YFARE said:
I don't think he meant that either. He could, however, move the corporate operations to Alabama and use the most valuable assets of what is left of US to start a very profitable airline.
[post="172858"][/post]​

Well... almost anywhere else would be cheaper than CCY... This is another issue management should have addressed long ago. As a general rule, corporate relocations generally go where the chairman wants them to go... I guess the question here is how long Bronner will remain chairman...

However, I was responding to what I thought was speculation on how serious Bronner was about forming "Bama Air"

mwereplanes said:
Trying to save, at all costs, his job. He's willing to do it for whatever the company wants him to do it for.

So, Phoenix, that is his agenda. We all understand we need to help remake the airline. But this managment is interested in busting the unions to do so. And he is willing to go along with that to SAVE HIS JOB.

mr
[post="172689"][/post]​

I ofcourse knew that. :lol: I Just appreciate a post from someone else that is in tune with reality. I am very familiar with the "Miss Cleo" of the airline boards. I even got to shake his hand once. Of course I found out his name after I shook hands with him.

Some people are into keeping their job, but there may be some who actually see the job as a means to the end (being the soap box).

Thanks for a clear and refreshing dose of reality!