Frontier Airlines Work Rules

GoBlue

Mar 9, 2004
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone could provide some insight for me concerning Frontier's work rules and pay. Since they do not have a contract, how do FAs have any leverage? Are they simliar to Delta's labor agreement (since they have no contract either) or are they like Southwest / Airtran (Low Cost Carriers).

I'm looking into moving to Denver and was always interested in the airline industry (and it doesn't look like United will hire anytime soon). Any idea if Frontier is hiring FAs? Thanks Much!

GB

My best suggestion to this would be to Apply for the Position or if Possible go to an Open Interview with this Airline....

I have Recently been to Quite a Few Interviews with other carriers and they pretty much explain all the work rules etc. During the interview... If there is something not covered.... Ask the Question...It won't hurt !!!!

Best of Luck to You....

I'd recommend NOT asking about work rules in an airline interview... not a good idea if you want to get hired.

BlueFlyer21

Yes, Frontier is hiring, but I don't know if they are hiring at this very moment. Keep checking their website. I think you have to "pre-apply" and then they invite people to attend an open house in Denver.

Be aware, they do not provide housing during training. However, I have a friend who is currently in training with them (she is also furloughed AA). She loves what she has seen so far of the company.

About the work rules...
My friend called me at 2230 (Dallas time) the other night to read some of the work and pay rules to me. I couldn't believe it. Without a union, they have better work rules than the flight attendants at AA or AE.

For instance,
you can only be junior manned (reassigned at the end of a scheduled trip) once a month and only for one day! I have a friend at AE who was junior manned for 3 days in a row following a 3 day trip.
Maximum scheduled work day is 12 hours, but can't be everyday. Minimum scheduled layover is 9 hours.
If I remember correctly, your birthday is a "holiday," and if you have to work that day, you get something like 2 free passes in compensation.
Top of scale is reached in 9 years. It's $30-something/hr for first 85 hours and over $50/hr for any hours over 85! I know that flight attendants at AA don't get that much.

My friend in training with them said that she would put everything in an email for me when she had time. When I get it, I'll post it.

How did your friend manage in DEN without housing during training? Unless there's a bunch of furloughees that will pool their money together, and get a hotel room near the training facilities, I can't think of another way to do this without knowing someone in DEN. Same thing wtih America West. They do not provide housing during training.
czerny