Woman charged with stowing away

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
story here

A Chicago woman accused of stowing away on a plane to attend the South by Southwest Festival faces a federal charge.

Catherine "Cat" Chow, a 33-year-old artist, was on the standby list for a flight from St. Louis to Austin, booked through American Airlines. When she found out the flight was full, Chow snuck past gate agents, boarded the plane and hid in the bathroom, authorities said.

When a passenger knocked on the bathroom door, Chow took the man's seat. When his wife made her move, she took another seat. After she was forced to move again, a flight attendant discovered her, court documents said.

story here

What a dumbass. If you're gonna stow away, pick a lightly loaded flight. But a full flight? Where every seat is assigned to someone holding a boarding pass? Like she wasn't gonna be noticed? Planned to sit in the lav the whole way? :rolleyes:

Airport police say they found marijuana and six antidepressant tablets without a prescription labelon Ms Chow.

PS Great security. This nut job walked right on to our plane and managed to get though a good portion of the flight before anyone figured it out.

I think the more importatnt question to ask is how she got on the A/C in the first place. Given everyones concern for security, I would think this should be the top priority. Yes she got through TSA (makes me sleep well at night :lol: ) but the aircraft doors need to be closely monitored.

Airport police say they found marijuana and six antidepressant tablets without a prescription labelon Ms Chow.

PS Great security. This nut job walked right on to our plane and managed to get though a good portion of the flight before anyone figured it out.

She ain't exactly Helen Hayes now, is she?
("Airport" reference for you kids out there going 'huh"?)

Shocking that this happened on an American Connection flight. Absolutely shocking.

I blame management greed.

Naah. It's because the TWU gave deicing to fleet service in 1982.

Shocking that this happened on an American Connection flight. Absolutely shocking.
Naah. It's because the TWU gave deicing to fleet service in 1982.

Might simply be because employees took a pay cut, morale is in the tank, and they really don't give a ####?

But who really cares about that anymore?

Slobber, Drool, Slobber, WHAT IS AMR STOCK AT TODAY? That is all that really matters. :down:

Hmmm.... For those on the short bus, this was an American Connection flight, and their employees didn't take pay cuts, they're not staffed 1 agent to a gate, and they don't give a rat's a$$ about where AMR's stock price is at.

This was nothing more than simple incompetence on their part.

But please, do keep trying to point the fingers at AMR management for being at fault here, OK?

Then again, had someone in HDQ not made the decision to fly the route or to allow the route to be contracted out, this wouldn't have happened, so I guess it really is management's fault.

I think the more importatnt question to ask is how she got on the A/C in the first place. Given everyones concern for security, I would think this should be the top priority. Yes she got through TSA (makes me sleep well at night :lol: ) but the aircraft doors need to be closely monitored.

The second she was discovered the flight crew should have thrown her overboard! What if she had a bomb implanted somewhere?

This is easily explained. Anyone who has ever pulled tickets on a flight, or even just boarded one, knows exactly how congested the boarding door becomes. People storm the gate like a cattle stampede.

If you are pulling tickets there needs to be space between the ticket machine and the door or everything will go to h in a hand basket. If you let the people pile up into one mass than it is easy to forget whose ticket you've pulled and whose you haven't.

When running the EGR you have to constantly look at your people and those on the other line while closely monitoring the doorway for back up. Once it backs up you stop pulling tickets for awhile until it goes back down.

Latest posts