Woman charged with stowing away

This was nothing more than simple incompetence on their part.

Yup.

But how far up does it go? In the US Navy, the captain is responsible if the ship runs aground, no matter who is at the helm at the time. Certainly, we cannot blame a CEO for this, but it is possible that the agent at the end of the food chain was affected by a management decision that compromised his/her ability to adequately screen who got on the plane.

I can't remember, do stews scrutinize boarding passes? Are they supposed to? Maybe a big red STANDBY stamp would be of some use here. No, on the ticket, not the forehead. :)

Yup.

But how far up does it go? In the US Navy, the captain is responsible if the ship runs aground, no matter who is at the helm at the time. Certainly, we cannot blame a CEO for this, but it is possible that the agent at the end of the food chain was affected by a management decision that compromised his/her ability to adequately screen who got on the plane.

I can't remember, do stews scrutinize boarding passes? Are they supposed to? Maybe a big red STANDBY stamp would be of some use here. No, on the ticket, not the forehead. :)

I know the reason that she could've made it on. I cannot understand how, once on, she managed to hide out from them for so long. Those must've been some really green, or really dense, FAs. A full flight with standbys waiting would usually mean that we make announcements about getting in your assigned seat before it is given away. At that time you also check the lavs. On such a small plane you would see someone coming down the aisle to use the lav and you would also notice if that person has come out or not.

Something isn't right with the whole picture.

Latest posts