Furlough Dave?

hp_fa

Veteran
Feb 19, 2004
Would someone please tell me why at least some East pilots have been seen in public with "Furlough Dave" bag tags on their bags and explain to me why they think this is acceptable behavior?

Would someone please tell me why at least some East pilots have been seen in public with "Furlough Dave" bag tags on their bags and explain to me why they think this is acceptable behavior?
Who is Dave? and why on earth would anyone want someone to be furloughed? What is wrong with some of these people, maybe they should be furloughed!!!!! Is anyone else sick of this S#!^? I mean come on this is a big company full of "adults" and yet some continue to act like 1st graders.

This is a response to the "Save Dave" stickers the West pilots are displaying on their bags.

A simple representation of opinions on pilot seniority integration. Perfectly acceptable behavior.

Dave is the most junior pilot on the West list. West pilots have bag tags that say SAVE DAVE.

Though I don't condone the use of the "furough" stickers, you have to put it in the proper perspective.

Although "Dave" is the most jr. at the former HP, once his name was used for the "save dave" stickers, he became a nonentity. The purpose of the stickers was not to save any one person, it could have been anybody. The entire thing was about seniority, not about the person. Nobody on the east wants to see anybody lose their jobs, including themselves.

The east was making a counter point to west's campaign, nothing personal.

The east was making a counter point to west's campaign, nothing personal.
I gotta call BS on this. Saying you want a DOH integration is impersonal and doesn't bother me. Saying you want a guy furloughed is personal and is mean-spirited. VERY mean-spirited.

Careful, y'all, or people will start comparing you to the AA pilots.

Did "Dave" ok the use of his name in your campaign? Or was he the founder of this slogan? Maybe some West pilots took it upon themselves to "use" Dave as an example. I hope he doesn't look as bad as the 2 F/A's that were in the AFA dvd/video that was sent out. I hope noone gets furloughed, and we have a prosperous merger, when we finally come together. Look forward to flying with some of you "Westies". I had a great RON in MCI with the "Crazy Viking". Thanks.

Frankly, I don't think the US Airways east MEC would condone any such bag tag, so I find this rumor hard to believe. (I know US Airways east pilots are a great bunch of guys/gals and I'm looking forward to working with them.) But that said, if it is true, I find it offensive and should not be tolerated.

Unless I haven't gotten it yet - I've been on vacation for the last 1-1/2 weeks - this isn't sponsored by the East MEC. I suspect they're too busy playing political games among themselves to have time for anything like this.

I saw an individual's post on the ALPA site quite a while back mentioning the West stickers ("Save Dave") and suggesting we have a "Furlough Dave" sticker, so maybe someone had some made up.

Jim

I gotta admit, we(west) kind of asked for it with those stupid "save Dave" bag tags, which I never put on my bag. The ALPA pin is the only thing I will wear, I got so sick of those cheesy slogan pin backs, tags, etc. over the years.

Of course I support Dave, but I always thought that tag was stupid. Now both sides look like buffoons with our tags. I call this no harm, no foul, we are even.

I've never seen or heard of those tags either.
Frankly, I think it is all stupid. Let the union work it out, we have enough to fight other than each other.
Been here 21 years and back in the right seat, but you know what? A year ago I didn't think I'd be here at all so I'm good.
Just be thankful of what you have and forget about what you don't and I guarantee you'll be happier.
Another thing, I've been doing lots of LAS trips and I've yet to meet a Cactus person who isn't top notch.
Lets move on... ;)

Unless I haven't gotten it yet - I've been on vacation for the last 1-1/2 weeks - this isn't sponsored by the East MEC. I suspect they're too busy playing political games among themselves to have time for anything like this.

I saw an individual's post on the ALPA site quite a while back mentioning the West stickers ("Save Dave") and suggesting we have a "Furlough Dave" sticker, so maybe someone had some made up.

Jim

Cheap Shot.

A320 Driver :(

Latest posts