Furlough Dave?

The fun is just beginning,US vs HP employees on seniority.It is totally inefficient to run these 2 companies sepereate.For seniority , go by hire dat,that is the fairest way.All HP employees will cry, but one for one is not fair or acceptable.

Hire dat, roger dat.

I love how people are caring about 2-year Dave, while 17+ year MDA pilots are being let go...AGAIN. It is not that I don't care about "Dave", but anybody who thinks he has more rights than these MDA pilots need to be shot...twice....in the head.

I love how people are caring about 2-year Dave, while 17+ year MDA pilots are being let go...AGAIN. It is not that I don't care about "Dave", but anybody who thinks he has more rights than these MDA pilots need to be shot...twice....in the head.

Yeah, but....Dave was on the winning team. MDA'ers were on the losing team.

The whole world knows that.

AA set that standard, and it must be upheld.

"He who loses,....loses." Duh.

All those stupid tags are so elementary!!!!

Instead of focusing all your energy on furloughs etc. Why don't you people start focusing your energy on something more productive and proactive? This company is not going to survive if you are bickering like children! The tag is offensive not only for the pilots, but the whole entire america west employees. I'm not sure how I'm going to react if I see one of those pilots with the tag on.
This behavior is so unprofessional.

My opinion & $5 will get you a Starbucks beverage, but here it is anyway.....

The way I see it, two things are certain:

1 - We (pilots) won't solve this seniority integration, be it here, on the ALPA board, or anywhere else. Three people from each side and/or an arbitrator will decide the fate of everyone.

2 - Being so close to retirement that I won't be here to be affected no matter how it's resolved gives me the luxury of seeing each side's point of view.

If I were on the West side, I'd probably feel the same way most of them do. Heck, coming from PI where the longevity wasn't as lopsided in that merger as this one is, I know I'd feel the same.

On the other hand, I can understand how the folks on the East side feel, especially those junior.

Some that chose to fly the Emb-170 are looking at their 3rd furlough - from mainline in '91, again from mainline post-911, and now from the mythical "Embraer division".

Others that chose to go the J4J route before the 170 came on line ended up being frozen out of it and now are being pushed back to F/O as Mesa withdraws from the J4J's program. Yet they're told that if they resign from Mesa they give up their right of recall to US. The proverbial rock and a hard place.

Still others, having been junior F/O's for their 18 year "career" except for a short time pre-911, are looking at the possibility of remaining junior F/O's for some undefined future period while pilots with half their longevity fly Captain.

And that's all I know for sure. Everything else is anyone's guess at this point and arguing about it here won't make any difference to the outcome.

Jim

Some that chose to fly the Emb-170 are looking at their 3rd furlough - from mainline in '91, again from mainline post-911, and now from the mythical "Embraer division".

Actually, I would go as far as saying their 4th furlough. Remember when US put hundreds of extra pilots on the F-28, and didn't fly them for over 6 months? Same thing as a furlough, just not official.

Actually, I would go as far as saying their 4th furlough. Remember when US put hundreds of extra pilots on the F-28, and didn't fly them for over 6 months? Same thing as a furlough, just not official.

Furlough with pay....sounds like a good idea to me.