Furlough Dave?

A 320,

I don't believe that was a "cheap shot." You've been on the boards long enough to know BoeingBoy doesn't do cheap shots. He's a classy guy who gives his opinion in a humble way.

It's my opinion that the ALPA West guys wanted to put a human face on the furlough issue, instead of just having it be a number.

ALPA East (again, my opinion) basically wanted to say "Not Me!" but that probably sounded a little too "Anyone but me" self-centered.

Not saying I agree or disagree with either tactic, just trying to understand where it comes from.

Dea

Parker has done what Franke tried but failed to do - kill an airline --

Not done yet. There is still alot of ball game to be played. AWA as we knew it yes...is gone forever, the hometown feel is gone...the good feelings have taken a vacation, but don't count us out we are just getting started. Don't like what's seen coming over the horizon, but what can you do other than to meet the challenge?

Definetely Cheap Shot and in poor taste!

Whoever created the FURLOUGHED DAVE and supporting it is obviously meanspirited and only wish ill will for his fellow employees.

Everyone in the AFA Flight Attendant Board are talking about it. Totally unprofessional!

Definetely Cheap Shot and in poor taste!

Whoever created the FURLOUGHED DAVE and supporting it is obviously meanspirited and only wish ill will for his fellow employees.

Everyone in the AFA Flight Attendant Board are talking about it. Totally unprofessional!

I would hate to fly with one of those pilots! Good grief! I would never wish anyone to lose their job even to my worst enemy. Poor Taste Pilots! Unprofessional!

A simple representation of opinions on pilot seniority integration. Perfectly acceptable behavior.

Yeah...a perfectly acceptable behavior to wish someone to lose their job? Furlough Dave? That's really professional acceptable behavior. I think it's really in bad taste and that would reflect on their performance. Bad taste equals bad decision. I think it would be scary to fly with one of those pilots. Imagine what passengers think if they see those tags. How tacky! I don't know how I would react if I see those people in the terminal. I use to say hello to them, but I don't know if I will now.

While I agree that the terminology used was wrong, I do understand the point the pilot group is making. Maybe this would not be an issue if they used “Put Dave in his placeâ€￾ instead of the dreaded “F-wordâ€￾.

I think we need to remember that us/east has pilots that where hired in 1989 on furlough. And if there is discussion of merging the list anyway other than DOH I can see why the furlough dave sticker would be totally Called For! And people on the west side would to if they were in the same boat.

Ok... I don't care about pilot seniority integration. I'm a total outsider.

But I hate passive/aggressive behavior and strategies. The "Save Dave" campaign is pretty p/a. It's us vs. them. Choosing the roll of the victim is a cute trick, but doesn't excuse a person for simply standing up for self-interest and admitting it.

Have a 'principle' or an 'interest' but don't confuse the two. That's cheesy and manipulative.

We've got to quit agreeing so much this morning, Row - folks will think we've got something going on!! :lol:

So I'll disagree a little bit, also as something of an outsider since I'll be retired before any of this can affect me.

I tended to view the "Save Dave" thing as an expression of self-interest. If the junior person on the West seniority list is "saved" so is everyone above him. On the other hand, the "Furlough Dave" message seems to say "Get that junior SOB outta my seat", at least to me.

Jim

Yeah...a perfectly acceptable behavior to wish someone to lose their job? Furlough Dave? That's really professional acceptable behavior. I think it's really in bad taste and that would reflect on their performance. Bad taste equals bad decision. I think it would be scary to fly with one of those pilots. Imagine what passengers think if they see those tags. How tacky! I don't know how I would react if I see those people in the terminal. I use to say hello to them, but I don't know if I will now.

Do what you wish. Life goes on.

The USAirways folks have been through many mergers over the years and have dealt with sophomoric co-workers in the past.

I think you will find your new co-workers at the new USAirways, pilots included, the finest you will ever work with.

By the way, could there be anything tackier than the video your AFA buddies released on seniority list integration? The tag issue pales in comparison.

Dave is the most junior pilot on the West list. West pilots have bag tags that say SAVE DAVE.
The fun is just beginning,US vs HP employees on seniority.It is totally inefficient to run these 2 companies sepereate.For seniority , go by hire dat,that is the fairest way.All HP employees will cry, but one for one is not fair or acceptable.

Latest posts