Furlough Notices

I haven't yet seen an Official announcement of the furlough. Has there been one?

And how many pilots are to be furolughed to make way for the Republic Scabs? :angry:

ALPA doesn't care enough to make give official notice of furlough. No voluntary furloughs were offered. So far, ten furlough letters have gone out and will continue to go out at a rate of 30 per month until there are no more MDA pilots, and Republic is staffed 50% new hires, and 50% APL/MDA (if any ever choose to accept positions).

ALL OR NONE!!

SH

Since the MEC has not acted on their own resolution it looks like the MDA guys have taken the informational picketing into their own hands. Good for them! They must be really P.O.ed especially considering they have an EX management loyal friend of Mini-Me leading the charge. They wont break that group if they are that ticked.

GUARANTEED said:
Since the MEC has not acted on their own resolution it looks like the MDA guys have taken the informational picketing into their own hands. Good for them! They must be really P.O.ed especially considering they have an EX management loyal friend of Mini-Me leading the charge. They wont break that group if they are that ticked.
[post="299674"][/post]​

The mini-me you are referring to (MDA F/O SN) was hand-picked by Ebola to be the ALG chief pilot, a spot he held until his repeated abuse of his brother and sister ALG ALPA pilots became to much for the DO to handle, at which time he was demoted to asst. chief pilot. Previously, he and two other company men in the ALG training department had refused to sign a letter authored by over 20 ALG instrutors, written to the ALG director of training, who threatened to withhold their services until such time that he granted them industry standard schedules and pay. He and two other company invertebrates broke ranks. and refused to sign the letter, only to have the other 20 trade unionists prevail, which resulted in he and his fellow company men enjoying the benefit of the others' solidarity. He was later rewarded with the Chief Pilot position. And now he is leading the fight for solidarity running the picket line for MDA?.

Can you say SCAB?

Check your six!

BlackOps,

What you posted is completly untrue.

I know for a fact that he signed a letter of resignation. I think only one person didn't sign a letter and that may have been the most junior instructor at the time. You obviousily have a dislike for this person and I'm sure his feelings are mutual, but to call him a scab based on something you completely made up or wished were true is very unprofessional and shows alot about you character... :down:

BlackOps said:
The mini-me you are referring to (MDA F/O SN) was hand-picked by Ebola to be the ALG chief pilot, a spot he held until his repeated abuse of his brother and sister ALG ALPA pilots became to much for the DO to handle, at which time he was demoted to asst. chief pilot. Previously, he and two other company men in the ALG training department had refused to sign a letter authored by over 20 ALG instrutors, written to the ALG director of training, who threatened to withhold their services until such time that he granted them industry standard schedules and pay. He and two other company invertebrates broke ranks. and refused to sign the letter, only to have the other 20 trade unionists prevail, which resulted in he and his fellow company men enjoying the benefit of the others' solidarity. He was later rewarded with the Chief Pilot position. And now he is leading the fight for solidarity running the picket line for MDA?.

Can you say SCAB?

Check your six!
[post="299704"][/post]​

It is my understanding that only a few actual furlough notices were sent out, and in the meantime, there has been an increase in attrition from the MDA ranks, thus negating the supposed need for these pilots to be furloughed.

Seems dumb to me, IMO they would be better off offering LOA's or Vol Furloughs rather than just thinning the pilot ranks before they have an actual idea of staffing needs this fall. (that is if they were really worried about over staffing)

Obviously this "furlough" was meant to break the cohesion of the MDA pilots and nothing more.

JetBlue just got their first E190 yesterday and will enter revenue service in November, I hope MDA pilots go there and kick butt.

From what I have heard, nearly 50% of the "All Checks" Check Airman at MDA and at least another 5 pilots have interviews this month with JB......

My fingers are crossed for each of them.

ALL OR NONE!

SH

I hear the pilots who received furlough notices were called by the company on Monday and offered Captain positions at Republic.

Seems like the furlough was just another attempt at union-busting.

I also hear that there are so many MDA pilots interviewing and being hired at JetBlue, that the company may never need to furlough any E170 pilot. There may be none left after the hiring wave at JetBlue!

700UW said:
JetBlue just got their first E190 yesterday and will enter revenue service in November, I hope MDA pilots go there and kick butt.
[post="300373"][/post]​

700UW,

Wow what side of the bed did you wake up on today? You hope the pilots do well?

Thanks for the change of heart :up:

I know 10% of the pilot staff in PIT are leaving for bluer skies at the end of this month. That's just PIT alone. You have to hand one thing to this Mgt. team. They are very good at running even their most dedicated employee's (MDA)away! On a side note: This from Capt. Hogg's office, they are pretty much filling out PRIA (Pilot Records) requests full time right now. :blink:

Breaking news...... The MEC is so against the MDA pilots standing up for themselves, and so unwanting to fulfill their obligations to those dues paying members of the AAA chapter of ALPA, that they are planning to "Section 8" or through out any MDA pilot who mentions ALPA while picketing in DCA or PHL on the 22nd and 23rd! This after passing a resolution unanimously in July to do exactly what is being planned!

To any USAirways pilots, flight attendants, or mechanics with integrity, character, and the moxy to stand up for what is right. The MDA pilots invite you all to walk the line with them on these two days for any amount of time you have free... The pilots union is self-serving and looks first towards self preservation, second dues collection, third, a good hotel to have meetings within, and lastly if time remains to the good of their senior membership.

This informational picketing will take place not only because of the wrongs done the MDA group (yes, group - mechs, F/A's, and pilots), but also because of the dishonest and underhanded manor the pilots union has gone about trying to wholesale this operation as quickly and quietly as possible to avoid the shame of their harmfull misrepresentation.

The MDA pilots will hold an informational picket. The MDA pilots will hold the pilots union accountable. The MDA pilots will stick together whatever comes our way. This sort of integrity, character, and comradre doesn't come along often, but when it does, it feels really good.

ALL OR NONE!!

SH

700UW said:
[post="300373"][/post]​

Who cares about JetBlue? They have driven down our profession and all of you give them praise. :angry: