Get Over It

bingobilly

Jul 21, 2003
"Get over it" :down: All the AAers (exTWAers) need to realize AA promised them a job. Well YEA they got one Too Baad it didn't last til about 1 yr. :( I never heard where AA promised a lifetime job. Hey Look even CARTY didn't get that. Why are you people always crying. :( Its a tough world, to the victor belongs the spoils. You were the spoils and AA took care of its own first as it should be.....
You got a though break get over it. :D
Did any exTWAer complain when they got their raises. Noooo! :p THey also wanted lifetime security :rolleyes: what do you think you work for the Democrats :down: only they promise jobs (not deliverd) or eternal Freeload er.. I mean wellfree er fare :shock:

Wow, even with all our drama at US we are so glad we dont work for your company. You guys treat each other horribly, no matter what airline you started with. US has people from airlines from Pacific Southwest to Piedmont to Eastern Shuttle, and luckily they all kept thier senoirity as is fair. I'm furloughed and would rather have it that way than have someone with 30 years on the street because thier airline was acquired. I guess its just a different culture.

Whats worse is how downright mean you are to each other. Regardless of how you feel, the above post is shocking. You should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you post happy faces and say get over it to a fellow airline employee. You should be supportive to the thousands of families left in ruins over the industry events of the past few years- or at least human.

I wish all the best to everyone at American, Eagle, and the former TWA along with the rest of us in our injured industry. I used to fly AA often and was impressed with its professional employees. I only hope this hasnt changed and the garbage that's posted here isnt indicative of real life.

:(

Flame away.

Bingo, I'm recommending just the opposite, the TWA F/As get more energized than ever. After all, AA made promises to the TWA F/As that it did not keep. I think they have a great case against AA and APFA. I even believe they will prevail in court. The when is another matter. The remedies are also a question for the courts to decide. Get over it and give up? Absolutely Not. Prepare for the long battle!!!

Bingobilly-

Raise,what raise? I flew intl. with TWA for 18 years before AA bought us. I took a pay cut with AA when you factor in having to pay an enormous amount for dental and medical insurance plus having to pay for the passes.(never paid for insurance before AA) I no longer was able to fly intl. flights, spent hundreds of dollars on hotels because I was on reserve after 18 years. I actually brought home less money with AA than I did with TWA. Also, the flexability of the job went out the door.

Don't make remarks like that unless you know them to be true.(and they are not) I sincerly hope that you do not suffer the way the TWA family has. Foreclosures, bankruptcy,loss of insurance for those with terminal disease ,loss of job and suicides are just a few of the things that the great AA merger gave to the TWA family. Shame on you!! :(

Light Years said:
Wow, even with all our drama at US we are so glad we dont work for your company. You guys treat each other horribly, no matter what airline you started with. US has people from airlines from Pacific Southwest to Piedmont to Eastern Shuttle, and luckily they all kept thier senoirity as is fair. I'm furloughed and would rather have it that way than have someone with 30 years on the street because thier airline was acquired. I guess its just a different culture.

Whats worse is how downright mean you are to each other. Regardless of how you feel, the above post is shocking. You should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you post happy faces and say get over it to a fellow airline employee. You should be supportive to the thousands of families left in ruins over the industry events of the past few years- or at least human.

I wish all the best to everyone at American, Eagle, and the former TWA along with the rest of us in our injured industry. I used to fly AA often and was impressed with its professional employees. I only hope this hasnt changed and the garbage that's posted here isnt indicative of real life.

Flame away.
I agree that this thread is unneccesary but the poster never siad that they were an AA employee so don't assume that everybody at AA is fighting because that is not the case at all. About the same 15-20 people post the same thing over and over again for the volume effect.

Its VERY interesting though that those that keep saying the seniority issue is for the courts to decide keep bringing it up on the boards to keep the bickering going.

Some folks OBVIOUSLY have nothing else to do. (snipe). :ph34r:

Well certainly a lot of AA F/As are disgusted with APFA. They are disgusted with the way the negotiations were handled, the resulting crew rest provisions and the handling of the voting process. There are several major suits against APFA by it's own members. The TWA seniority issue is only one issue amongst half-a-dozen suits. Sooner or later some of these suits are going to get into Federal Court and before a jury if the parties allow them to get that far before deciding to settle.

At this point in time, I don't know why anyone would even *want* to reply to this type of post, from "bingobilly" or flame-baiter by any other name. Ignore it, and it will die from lack of attention.

latreal said:
Light Years said:

Flame away.
I agree that this thread is unneccesary but the poster never siad that they were an AA employee so don't assume that everybody at AA is fighting because that is not the case at all. About the same 15-20 people post the same thing over and over again for the volume effect.

Its VERY interesting though that those that keep saying the seniority issue is for the courts to decide keep bringing it up on the boards to keep the bickering going.

Lateral - If you go back to "fooled again by ward" - you will see that you were ONE of those people that brought up about the seniority issue. Don't blame others - when YOU ARE ONE OF THE VERY PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! Refresh your memory and go back and read it.

In Fact here is a copy of what Latreal State:
I really hope that the AA FA's don't fall for the okie-doke and be bamboozled into replacing leadership that granted what MOST of the membership wanted because of the very vocal voices that want your seniority.
APFA was always the one group on the AA property that took no BS. Yeah they really blew it with the concessions but just remember this...APFA was not divided and bickering until the new members joined and werent satisfied with the seniority from when they started working for AA.
Just don't play into the hands of those who at this time could care less if AA went BK.
Actually....after thinking about it. Let them think that you will vote a twaer into office and then do the intelligent thing when you vote.

bingobilly said:
"Get over it" :down: All the AAers (exTWAers) need to realize AA promised them a job. Well YEA they got one Too Baad it didn't last til about 1 yr. :( I never heard where AA promised a lifetime job. Hey Look even CARTY didn't get that. Why are you people always crying. :( Its a tough world, to the victor belongs the spoils. You were the spoils and AA took care of its own first as it should be.....
You got a though break get over it. :D
Did any exTWAer complain when they got their raises. Noooo! :p THey also wanted lifetime security :rolleyes: what do you think you work for the Democrats :down: only they promise jobs (not deliverd) or eternal Freeload er.. I mean wellfree er fare :shock:
Are you mad at AA, because you got rejected when you interviewed for a flight attendant position? With that attitude, that's exactly why you got rejected!

jsn25911 said:
latreal said:
Light Years said:

Flame away.

Lateral - If you go back to "fooled again by ward" - you will see that you were ONE of those people that brought up about the seniority issue. Don't blame others - when YOU ARE ONE OF THE VERY PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! Refresh your memory and go back and read it.

In Fact here is a copy of what Latreal State:
I really hope that the AA FA's don't fall for the okie-doke and be bamboozled into replacing leadership that granted what MOST of the membership wanted because of the very vocal voices that want your seniority.
APFA was always the one group on the AA property that took no BS. Yeah they really blew it with the concessions but just remember this...APFA was not divided and bickering until the new members joined and werent satisfied with the seniority from when they started working for AA.
Just don't play into the hands of those who at this time could care less if AA went BK.
Actually....after thinking about it. Let them think that you will vote a twaer into office and then do the intelligent thing when you vote.
This is fun so if you want to continue I will.

Check the first page, first post and you will see that YOU are the one who initially brought it up and I responded in kind.

When checking facts don't overlook evidence that ruins your argument.

Have a nice day.

Keep trying though. <_<

Latest posts