What signing a AMFA Card gets YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done a pretty good job at predicting the
Outcome with Amfa. Here is something to think about? The membership at AA has cosistantly
Told Amfa they are not interested in them!!! Look at Ken,Dave and the other Amfa Organizers, they do not have a clue how to represent!!!

They are very good at tearing Unions down.

If they are so unhappy? Why don't
They quit AA and go to the Union of their
choices?

I for one would not work for an organization that I did not respect!!!!!!

Insolidariy,

CIO

Sounds like you and the ATD officials are concerned about losing their cushy positions when AMFA takes over.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Outcome with Amfa. Here is something to think about? The membership at AA has cosistantly
Told Amfa they are not interested in them!!! Look at Ken,Dave and the other Amfa Organizers, they do not have a clue how to represent!!!

choices?

Insolidariy,

CIO

CIO

So that we are all on the same page here, the employees of AA have NOT told AMFA anything, since the organizers are not officially representatives of AMFA. They do not pay dues, or are they part of the union. They are TWU members whom on their own decided that the union in which represents our class and craft has failed. They have looked at what is out there in the industry and made a choice. That was AMFA.

Some like myself have worked at other places and have been represented by other unions. looked at how they did while we were at other carriers and what they did at carriers they have represented. Did some of their own leg work, found out as much information as possible and again made a choice. AMFA

Many have lots of yrs at AA some have only 10-15 yrs like myself but I have been in the industry over 30yrs. 5 airlines for me, all the others shut down, I even walked at picket line against one.

The choice they made is their's and you nor I can bash them for that.
They are now giving the other employees the information that they found out about AMFA.

They end up bashing the other (unions) because guys like your self put out all this stuff, on how good the TWU/IBT/IAM are, & how bad AMFA is, that it becomes a game or pissing match.

There are not many guys at AA who want to do anything they have their own deal and the IGM is so ingrained in many of the AMT's here at AA its sickening. Many have H/R on speed dial, its the rat squad here at AA and the TWu and AA work together to promote it. Its not unionism here at ALL.

The TWU promotes the Line against the Base so that they can keep the dues coming in.

That has never been the case from the AMFA organizers, "YES" many have got into the name calling and stupid is as stupid does type stuff. But that is not what the true organizers preach.

The line guys who want to change live in high cost areas, many have worked at other carriers and had more at other places but got laid off and had to start over and came to AA.

Most of the T-town guys are living in a low cost area, being paid the same money as the line guys. There is also a lot of guys at the base stations in the shops that don't have a A&P, but do a vital job for AA in what ever capacity. machinist, what ever.

If you really look at all that we have lost being represented by the TWU you would re-evaluate your way of thinking.

"YES" the TWU kept many employed longer than the other carriers, but now AA is going to follow the rest. Contract out as much as possible. Believe it or not it's going to happen.

The TWU is making deals just to keep dues coming in the agreement with the CWA and now the AFL-CIO has gotten the IAM/TWU to form an alliance to create an association. IT's just a ploy so that they the IAM and TWU will not loose the dues income if the mechanics from USAir and AA went to AMFA.

Guys like you say AMFA has no money well just check this out, if we switch.

There is about 10,800 mechanics at AA and another 3500 at USAir.

at about $60.00 a month just at AA per employee its over $600,000.00 a month.
multiply that times 12 months and its $7.2Million a yr.

If the membership is happy that they are affiliated with the UNION of their choice why is that a bad thing?

We don't have the power to change the company but we as employees do have the power to change unions. To battle the management team that looks for ways to screw its workers. Pilots/Flight attendants/TWU members all have been taken advantage of by AA for as long as I can remember.

Many mechanics are also up in age just a few yrs from walking away, they have spent their whole life in this industry and want to leave it better for those who will follow.

Would You want anyone in your family to have to deal with all this bs if they decide to get into aviation? I sure wouldn't

If you are so sure about the TWU then let us have a vote, sign a card let the membership choose which union they want. If the AMFA wins this discussion will be over. If the TWU wins it will be over as well.

But let us choose, this is not a dictatorship, we all pay dues looking for the best representation for all of us.

AMFA at AA in 2013

choices?

Insolidariy,

CIO

"Look at Ken,Dave and the other Amfa Organizers, they do not have a clue how to represent!!!"

You mean to say that our belief in representation being based on all union officers being elected by the full membership is wrong and not having a clue?

You mean to say that our belief in representation of having people appointed for life with no direct financial connection to the membership is wrong?

"If they are so unhappy? Why don't
choices?"

Perhaps it's because we are not afraid of fighting for what we believe in HERE at AA by having a democratic, craft union. This statement of yours is spoken like a real coward.

"I for one would not work for an organization that I did not respect!!!!!!"

Really? So you respect management's lying to you? You respect having pay and benefits reduced while Horton walks away with $20 million?

I can't control management. But I can control who I want to represent me and that will be AMFA.

You know what I really can not respect? It's people like yourself who actually think they can respect anything. Especially the twu!

Go AMFA!

choices?

Insolidariy,

CIO

Really, I'm not sure what will give me more joy, kicking the TWU out - or helping to facilitate the demise of Jim, Don, and Bobby at the international. That is a win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts