Get Ready Boys

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
AA is getting ready to announce some major cuts throughout the system.

I'm sure this time Little will make sure that the sacrifce is SHARED!

Source?, Specifics?...

If you were to look at AFW, they basically operate two shifts a day for five days a week or 10 production shifts. If they operated seven days a week, three shifts a day: 21 production shifts. You double capacity, if needed, but reduce total overhead. Same deal for TUL and MCI.

Why keep all three? No one wants anyone furloughed but the reality is that the fleet count has returned to pre-merger size; problem is that we are one overhaul maintenance base and about 1800 employees too heavy.

If you were to look at the geographic distribution of the line stations, the TWU bought off the station staffing deal from the BWI-CLE Arbitration case allowing BWI to be closed for maintenance and staffed by road trips from IAD and DCA. How many other stations could be closed which have the same type of proximity to other, larger, maintenance stations?

Again, no one wants anyone furloughed but the reality is that the company has the right to close maintenance stations at will. The refusal of the TWU International and Local 562 to enforce the BWI-CLE arbitration case allows deeper cuts than those mentioned above. The lack of real language, like the IAM at US Airways, means that the stations remaining open are the ones the Company chooses to keep.

Sources:

My manager who just flew in from DFW. Saw him get off the plane.
All managers of all levels have been in DFW.
Coincidentally, I had to call Tulsa tech for a placard and the person I spoke to said that there is cutting on the way.

Specifics:
All he said is "changes are coming, and the numbers don't look good"

Wasn't his usual chatty self.

Boomer said:
Source?, Specifics?...

If you were to look at AFW, they basically operate two shifts a day for five days a week or 10 production shifts. If they operated seven days a week, three shifts a day: 21 production shifts. You double capacity, if needed, but reduce total overhead. Same deal for TUL and MCI.

Why keep all three? No one wants anyone furloughed but the reality is that the fleet count has returned to pre-merger size; problem is that we are one overhaul maintenance base and about 1800 employees too heavy.

If you were to look at the geographic distribution of the line stations, the TWU bought off the station staffing deal from the BWI-CLE Arbitration case allowing BWI to be closed for maintenance and staffed by road trips from IAD and DCA. How many other stations could be closed which have the same type of proximity to other, larger, maintenance stations?

Again, no one wants anyone furloughed but the reality is that the company has the right to close maintenance stations at will. The refusal of the TWU International and Local 562 to enforce the BWI-CLE arbitration case allows deeper cuts than those mentioned above. The lack of real language, like the IAM at US Airways, means that the stations remaining open are the ones the Company chooses to keep.
[post="188244"][/post]​

Once again we see how the corrupt TWU structure works against the members. In regards to how the Union does not enforce the contract the failure to enforce the BWI-CLE decision is just another example.

What this came down to was that Charlotte was over the minimum number of flights for TWU staffing. A member from 562 brought it up and filed a grievance. Local 562 brought it forward but if the station is staffed it would go to Local 510. The International agreed that the case was a winner, however they were not willing to bear the expense of arbitration. They claimed the company would satisfy the agreement by simply putting a "part timer" in place, now we know why they kept the language. Local 510 was not willing to bear the $5000 to $10,000 it would cost to get just a few more members, at best and Local 562 was not about to spend that kind of money to get another Local more members. In the meantime the union is failing to enforce the contract.

While all parties are guilty, Local 562, Local 510 and the International, ultimately the blame lies with the International because after all, as various court decsions have emphasized, the International, not the Locals, is the party to the contract. While 562 could argue that its not their jurisdiction, (which is still unacceptable)because it involves an infraction in another Local, everything no matter where it happens is under the jurisdiction of the International. Local 510 might argue that none of their members filed a grievance. If Local 510 is too small and cant enforce the contract then either the International should step in or dissolve the Local and merge its members into a larger Local.

It really is not as simple as just the one station in question-Charlotte.

The problem is that the grievance was based on an arbitrated decision, failure to arbitrate most likely constitutes ratification of the Company interpretation.

As of now, there is no enforceable staffing provision for TWU Members on company property so long as the company can show a "legitimate" business need for the staffing decision.

Source???Specifics???

Well I heard it from my step-sisters brother in law's nephew who was told by this guy he goes to church with, well, his mom's second cousin's friend told his girlfirend's roommate's hairdresser's mailman who then in turn told his boss's son's buddy he met at the bar that something was going at AA but was not really sure what it was.

Is that sourceful and specific enough for you?????

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

twuer said:
Source???Specifics???

Well I heard it from my step-sisters brother in law's nephew who was told by this guy he goes to church with, well, his mom's second cousin's friend told his girlfirend's roommate's hairdresser's mailman who then in turn told his boss's son's buddy he met at the bar that something was going at AA but was not really sure what it was.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
[post="188366"][/post]​

GO ahead. Bury your head in the sand deeper.

And then get prepared to come up with another $1 Billion in concessions or face the BK Judge.

Where is that all powerful 35 million man AFL-CIO when you need them?

twuer said:
Source???Specifics???

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
[post="188366"][/post]​
I just wanted more info. To all those who supplied *real* answers, thank you. Interesting how the only jackass response was from a militant twu puppet....

Decision 2004 said:
GO ahead. Bury your head in the sand deeper.

And then get prepared to come up with another $1 Billion in concessions or face the BK Judge.

Where is that all powerful 35 million man AFL-CIO when you need them?
[post="188439"][/post]​
Too many of them are more worried about my morals and who I choose to hate, rather than voting for their jobs and pocketbook.

Kev3188 said:
I just wanted more info. To all those who supplied *real* answers, thank you. Interesting how the only jackass response was from a militant twu puppet....
[post="188460"][/post]​

Just trying to prove a point Kev!! No need to get your panties in a wad there pal!!! Geez, haven't you ever heard of a little sarcasm??? :D All these amfa boys go on these days is heresay. There are no sources and there are no specifics!!!!!

P.S. You better check those "real answers" Kev!!!! :huh: I would hate for you to make assumptions like those amfa boys do all the time!!! ;)

with oil now at $52.00 a barrel an all time high and predicted to rise, winter travel season fast approaching and those lovely fare wars that will surely be implemented for the slowing of travel one does not really need a crystal ball to see whats on the horizon. :mf_boff:

twuer said:
Source???Specifics???

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
[post="188366"][/post]​

TWUER: I said the source was my MANAGER upon his return from DFW after the meeting which ALL management was required to attend.
I also said the only thing he told me was that "changes are coming" and " the numbers don't look good"

MANAGER upon his return from DFW

Its a manger's conference that they have everyyear. My manager went and didn't mention any drastic changes though he sayed the picture is bleak. As of right now we're still budgeting 1.5% pay increase in May.

j7915 said:
Too many of them are more worried about my morals and who I choose to hate, rather than voting for their jobs and pocketbook.
[post="188469"][/post]​

Your pocketbook? You have advocated concessions from the beginning. Including the SRP classification all the way back to the B-scale. But hey it is all about you isn't?

Latest posts

Back