Get Ready Dfw

DFWCC

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
DFW
Visit site
Rumor has it on Wednesday DL will announce it is closing or at least down sizing its DFW hub. If this happens it will be near impossible to non-rev DFW in the near term.
Loads are heavy now.
I only hope they can get that bagroom system fixed. About 2 wks ago when it broke they missed 6,693 bags that day. Was down yesterday and again today.
Millions of $$$ and we all told them it wouldn't work. It doesn't... :down:

There had been warnings from the contractors before the system was completed. The changes AA wanted changed the original system so much the system can not handle the loads. Yesterday a "pusher" to maxi "A" went down. Today it was a "pusher" on maxi "C" This then overloads the system and they don't have the manpower to sort manually and bags just pile up. By the time things settle down bags on the bottom of the pile went out 2 or 3 hrs ago.
Now add "TANGO" or "1st open gate," gate change. the rampers aren't getting the gte change info and bags are left on the wrong gate. Can't find the correct gate "throw them in the bagroom system". Like that really solves the problem. But hey! they have to get back to their gate to load their outbound so they won't get written up for a delay.

I for one am hoping a 2nd AA PVD-DFW flight would be announced...perhaps the potential DL downsizing could be play a small role in making that happen? I know the existing flight has been a good performer since day 1 last November.

This is fantastic news for AA...

Actually, its a bit of a mixed blessing. AA was fine to have Delta limp along flying RJs everywhere, but without Delta, Airtran will certainly increase its presents much faster. Long term this will decrease ticket prices out of DFW

Oneflyer said:
Actually, its a bit of a mixed blessing. AA was fine to have Delta limp along flying RJs everywhere, but without Delta, Airtran will certainly increase its presents much faster. Long term this will decrease ticket prices out of DFW
[post="169821"][/post]​

I think AA has been hording a lot of metal in the dessert, just for something like this. I suppose AA would like to move some of the OAs from Term B over to Term D where DL is now. If the OAs vacate that leaves Term B open for AA expansion.
If DL is going to concentrate on long haul (more I'ntl) and they have either none or next to it from DFW, it would seem logical to downsize DFW. Then again who says there is any logic in this business.

Losing competition isn't always the best thing. You become complacent and relaxed and then someone else moves in. They could be an unknown variable that can blindside you when you least expect it. If you have a competitor that has been with you for many years, you know his moves and he knows yours. You can compete and get along. IF, and I mean IF DL pulls down DFW, SWA could just show up on your doorstep, or even Jetblue. Worst case - BOTH. Just my thoughts........

coolflyingfool said:
IF, and I mean IF DL pulls down DFW, SWA could just show up on your doorstep, or even Jetblue. Worst case - BOTH. Just my thoughts........
[post="169964"][/post]​

JB maybe, SWA never. Why ever would SW move to DFW when they have their own airport at Love Field in Dallas? Plus, their long-distance passengers don't seem to mind the short hop down to HOU to get around the Wright Amendment. DFW just makes no sense for SWA. (I hope. I hope. I hope. :p )

DFWCC said:
I think AA has been hording a lot of metal in the dessert, just for something like this. I suppose AA would like to move some of the OAs from Term B over to Term D where DL is now. If the OAs vacate that leaves Term B open for AA expansion.
If DL is going to concentrate on long haul (more I'ntl) and they have either none or next to it from DFW, it would seem logical to downsize DFW. Then again who says there is any logic in this business.
[post="169879"][/post]​
:) DFWCC--- We're working on some of that metal right now here at MCI! A 767-200, At least three ex- TWA 757's, that were going back to leaser, now going back into service! And the remander of our MD-80's!! With more to come!!!

HGIEFOswitch said:
How many md80s are in storage? Also, what's the status of the F100? Thanks
[post="170303"][/post]​
Originally 28 ex-TWA MD8-'s were taken down, along with 14 AA 767-200's. The last Fokker flight will be Sept 8, HPN-ORD.

MK

Latest posts