Get Ready Dfw

Additionally, it may be particularly good for DAL to choose DFW to reduce to a focus city or less because they can rely on their partner in Houston. For DAL's DFW customers, they'll probably maintain some direct flights to the most profitable cities. For those flying to secondary cities and for passengers that used to connect in DFW, they'll just make a trip to IAH first.

This will be great for AA, but CO will definitely benefit as well.

Is this the beginning of DelWesTinental Airlines dividing up the US?

Three Boeing 757-200, one Boeing 767-200ER, and 24 McDonnell Douglas MD's were in temporary storage as of June 30, 2004.

Lets hope they bring them all back!

DOT demands that UAL and AA reduce flights through ORD.

Heavy Loads forecast for DFW.

10 A-300's to be put down in September?

Sounds like STL may be utilized as the reliever airport, perhaps with a concentration of widebodies providing lift?

Boomer said:
DOT demands that UAL and AA reduce flights through ORD.

Heavy Loads forecast for DFW.

10 A-300's to be put down in September?

Sounds like STL may be utilized as the reliever airport, perhaps with a concentration of widebodies providing lift?
[post="170496"][/post]​
From what I have heard, the put down of the A300's is only for heavy maintenance, not permanent. Also, a friend who is based in St. Louis was told that there are NO plans to increase the flying at STL. (He had asked after the media speculated that AA might move some of its ORD flights to STL.)

AAviator said:
Three Boeing 757-200, one Boeing 767-200ER, and 24 McDonnell Douglas MD's were in temporary storage as of June 30, 2004.

Lets hope they bring them all back!
[post="170462"][/post]​
<_< AAviator----- I'll second that!!! With things coming to a head over at United/ USair/ Delta, we'll need all the Aircraft we can get, and more! As for STL! They'd be damn fools not to use it!!! But than again, it hasn't been the first time for them now has it???? :down:

:p
MCI transplant said:
<_< AAviator----- I'll second that!!! With things coming to a head over at United/ USair/ Delta, we'll need all the Aircraft we can get, and more! As for STL! They'd be damn fools not to use it!!! But than again, it hasn't been the first time for them now has it???? :down:
[post="170735"][/post]​

================================================

MCI,

"I don't know if this town's(MCI) big enough for both of us" ???

OH, OH. NH/BB's in town 9/13-14-15, to watch his NY YANKEES squash some (KC) Royal(s) "midwest" BUTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "K" will never be the same. :p :p :p

(think the Chiefs are in camp yet, viewing NE PAT's films ?) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NH/BB's
"RETIRED" (Thank GOD)

As a SLT based flight attendant, I spoke with the base manager about AA putting additional flights and she said she had been told nothing. In fact she said the whole TWA acquisition was seen as Carty's folly and was a hot political issue at HDQ.

SHe did go on to say that she hoped the bean counters at HDQ would win out.

crew4aa said:
As a SLT based flight attendant, I spoke with the base manager about AA putting additional flights and she said she had been told nothing. In fact she said the whole TWA acquisition was seen as Carty's folly and was a hot political issue at HDQ.

SHe did go on to say that she hoped the bean counters at HDQ would win out.
[post="171358"][/post]​
:angry: Are those ol boy's in Texas that insecure???? Where STL, or for that matter anything that was TWA could make them (American Airlines) money, they either walk away from it, or try and distroy it!!! With United/ USair/ Delta, in the position their in, a.a. (you notice in "SMALL" letters!) will need "ALL" it's resources to maxamise it's position within the industry! Politics be damned!!! Money talks! And bull #### walks!!!!

If AA thinks they can make money on additional flights out of STL then they'll add more flights. Its that simple, its not politics or about Carty or all this other nonsense, its about yield. Before STL was pulled down the yields were awful, flights to the same city out of DFW or ORD might make 5-10% margins and out of STL they were -15%.

The low margins are primarily due to St. Louis being a small city with much smaller business traffic than Chicago or DFW.

DFWCC said:
There had been warnings from the contractors before the system was completed. The changes AA wanted changed the original system so much the system can not handle the loads. Yesterday a "pusher" to maxi "A" went down. Today it was a "pusher" on maxi "C" This then overloads the system and they don't have the manpower to sort manually and bags just pile up. By the time things settle down bags on the bottom of the pile went out 2 or 3 hrs ago.
Now add "TANGO" or "1st open gate," gate change. the rampers aren't getting the gte change info and bags are left on the wrong gate. Can't find the correct gate "throw them in the bagroom system". Like that really solves the problem. But hey! they have to get back to their gate to load their outbound so they won't get written up for a delay.
[post="169585"][/post]​

SOUNDS ALOT LIKE THE LAX BAGROOM SYSTEM. BAGS THAT MISS THEIR ASSIGNED PIER DO NOT RECIRCULATE BACK TO BE ENCODED AGAIN TO THE PIER. THEY PILE UP AT THE DEFAULT PIER AND MUST BE SORTED MANUALLY. ANOTHER WINNER IS THAT THE PIER BELTS CANNOT BE REVERSED, BAGS JUST RUN OFF THE END IF NOT REMOVED. WHO DESIGNED THIS PIECE OF S--- ??

DFWCC said:
Rumor has it on Wednesday DL will announce it is closing or at least down sizing its DFW hub.

Wednesday came and went. Did I miss the announcement? Or is it for a different Wednesday?

BDLDFW said:
Wednesday came and went. Did I miss the announcement? Or is it for a different Wednesday?
[post="173779"][/post]​
BDLDFW
The key word here is "rumor". I stated that right from the start.

Latest posts