Getting Passengers Back In The Air

The good news is we are still adding cities as well as 17 additional slots vacaded by JB in Cali. In hopes of an early break even point prior to end of year as some analyst have suggested now.
Looks like company has extended the time to take VSP to the employees that took the long term leaves. You can now convert your 6-12-18 month leave into perm. VSP retirement. A very nice option to consider, however, wouldn't the employees that already took VSP want the same options? You know, take the leave and later take the VSP. It is clear SWA did not get the full amount of takers of the VSP that they wanted, so they are extending VSP option to the folks on leaves.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/southwest-airlines-adds-miami-palm-111723649.html

Reactions: SharoninSAT
The Dems will get replaced at voting time. Too many games being played with Americans jobs and survival at risk. Shame on the Dems for using American's lives as leverage and political needs.
Time to drain the swamp!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/time-running-airline-workers-look-184954182.html

WELL swamt, you've SURPRISED THE CHIT' out of me. Here's why.

I 'always' thought of you as a 'call em' as you see em' shooter'.
But to foolishly BLAME the Democrats (WHO WILL N O T BE GONE IN NOVEMBER, for the A-HOLE T-Rump, NOT telling Biiitch Mcconnell to "GET ME THE VOTES" for the Airlines, Is WHERE your ANGER needs to be pointed....... PERIOD !!

WELL swamt, you've SURPRISED THE CHIT' out of me. Here's why.

I 'always' thought of you as a 'call em' as you see em' shooter'.
But to foolishly BLAME the Democrats (WHO WILL N O T BE GONE IN NOVEMBER, for the A-HOLE T-Rump, NOT telling Biiitch Mcconnell to "GET ME THE VOTES" for the Airlines, Is WHERE your ANGER needs to be pointed....... PERIOD !!

No. It was the Dems who just rejected an offer of movement by the Reps.
Who cares about Nov., Nov. will be too late and after the Oct 1st deadline. The Dems are the ones holding the extension bill up from passing, ikt really is a no brainer who is at fault here.

No. It was the Dems who just rejected an offer of movement by the Reps.
Who cares about Nov., Nov. will be too late and after the Oct 1st deadline. The Dems are the ones holding the extension bill up from passing, ikt really is a no brainer who is at fault here.

CARES Act, SMARES act ! If a RIF comes, it comes !

THAT's Why there's RIF language in the contracts. If Any of you had been around in the early 80's, you would've known it was a common thing, so Toughen-Up, 'Stiff upper Lip" !!

Oh, rifs are coming for some carriers for sure. It might get put off until March if an extension is passed and could even be less than they are saying now which would be well worth an extension being passed. Kinda in hopes that a vaccine is out before March and some travel is improving by then so that maybe the airlines can avoid any layoffs or furloughs or at least tough it a bit longer to the summer travel again.

Some more improvements are already being talked about now with some travel picking up for Aug and Sep. as well as our cash burn is down more to 17 mil. Can only hope this improves even more going into the spring...

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/a16c78c...aises-september.html?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Some positive news looking towards the end of 2020. A pretty good sign to me that a pick up in Aug right after a slight fall back in July, is a good sign. The slump could have continued after that pick up in covid positives hurt July. But instead it built back up.
Not quite where I would like to see us on the load factor (I wanted 50% by end of summer) 42% for Aug was an improvement, maybe by end of year? trend is continuing into and thru Sep so far.
Unions as well as company are strongly encouraging employees to get involved and help apply pressure to our reps for our states to get a deal done. I too encourage us all to do so, the companies are doing it, the unions are doing it, now WE need to do it, get involved as it does affect all of us some way or another no matter your seniority or years with the company. Let's push our reps to come to an agreement prior to Oct 1st...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/southwest-luv-q3-cash-burn-133901021.html

Sweet! 12 new flights being added at MIA.
Anything is better than reducing flights for sure...

Sweet! 12 new flights being added at MIA.
Anything is better than reducing flights for sure...
2 things to watch for...unless the situation has changed at MIA, 1: the gate space rental at MIA is very expensive even if 2: you get assigned to the gates at the very end of the main concourse. (I can't remember the concourse designation--it's terminal D IIRC and that concourse is a mile long from the ticket counters to the very end! That concourse used to be exclusively American Airlines. Given AA's current financial situation, there should be some gates becoming available on that concourse.

Last edited:
To whom it may matter...

Yes I know there is a "train" that runs the length of the concourse. However, it is "upstairs" from the concourse; so, if you are like me and need to use a cane to get around, there is the hassle of waiting on the elevator to arrive and (if you are going out of one of the high number gates) experience the thrill of every one of the stops including other travelers who hold the train door while they finish their conversation with another traveler. Not judgin. Just sayin.:rolleyes::mad:o_O