Passenger Bill of Rights

FlightChic

Veteran
Feb 18, 2007
You know how the media is always talking about how screwed up the aviation industry is and how passengers are demanding a bill of rights? They want some really bogus things. I was looking at foxnews.com and found this article http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293830,00.html and got a kick out of the passengers' comments. Well, anyhow I think we need a front line employee bill of rights! LOL! Here are a few suggestions:

Since passengers are so irate these days, we need security guards (not TSA but real, trained security) at every gate and on every plane!

Every passenger must be required to read and sign a contract stating that they understand that their flight may be delayed and to leave well enough in advance so that they can make it to their cruise ship or meeting or whatever it is that they have planned. I just can't get over how many people tell me they only have a half hour or forty minutes to make their connection, and that is if we are on time! They must also understand that whatever delay, cancellation, diversion that happens is not the front line employees' fault and that they absolutely forbidden to take it out on us or else they will be in BIG trouble for breaking the contract! They must also know not to rely on us for food, especially for their babies or kids. I have had so many people ask for milk or food for their kids or get mad because we don't have food on the plane. We're not their mamas and we aren't a restaurant! They should only be allowed one carry on item period! If we run out of overhead space and they even think about arguing about checking their bag, they won't get on that flight or any other one! They also need to be informed to bring their own sweater or blanket since it is usually cold on the plane and to not get mad at us for not supplying pillows and blankets. What do they think we are a hotel? Before they get on the airplane, they must pass a test with this information and more regarding the ins and outs of air travel (they can't miss a single question) and present it with the signed contract or else they don't fly. If they break the contract, they will be fined or arrested, depending on what they did! If they are first time flyers or if they rarely fly, then extra education will be required.

Taking a dump in the lav is not allowed!

We need a dress code for passengers! No wife beater shirts, no hoochie mama outfits, no pijamas, nothing with rips, tears, stains, no butt cracks showing, no boobs hanging out, no belly fat hanging out, no baggy pants with boxers showing, etc. Pax must keep their shoes on at all timest!

No one with BO is allowed to board!

If a pax gets up even though we have made announcements to stay seated (like when we are on the runway or going through turbulence) then they will be forced to stay in their seats and not get up the rest of the flight. They will also have to wait until last to deplane.

When we tell people to turn off their PEDs and they refuse to do so, then we get to take it and keep it!

Pax must be able to name the airline they are flying on before they board. Yes there are actually passengers who don't even know what airline they are flying.

Pax must clean up the mess at their seats and are not allowed to leave the premises until their row is picked up. If they try to leave a mess, then we will hunt them down and make them come back and clean up their mess as well as vacuum the floor, take out the trash, and clean the lavs.

No screaming, loud or annoying kids on board.

No screaming, loud or annoying adults on board.

Never question the employee. We are always right, not the passenger!

ah! Where's your sense of humor?

Excellent post. I loved it. :up:

We don't control the weather. get over it. Talk to God or whoever if you don't like it.

ATC delays. Talk to your representative and tell them to get off their collective A$$e$ to appropriate enough money to bring the ATC system out of the stone age.

Hows that for additions? Any more out there?

Pretty funny stuff for sure! Wife Beaters should be outlawed with a new amendment to the Constitution.

The Passenger Bill of Rights will most likely get passed. The airline industry is so screwed up that they need to correct things, since it is clear the airline industry cannot do a thing. I always hate when government gets involved because they rarely are successful, but in this case the airline industry has brought these actions on themselves.

No personal grooming at their seat, i.e. clipping toenails, picking teeth, picking nose, changing diapers.

No feet on tray tables, no pets on tray tables or dirty diapers on tray tables.

Don't make me repeat more than once "would you like something to drink?" while looking at me working the cart while you listen to your tunes. Tell your da~n kids to put their da~n portable electronic device down when someone is speaking to them.............

All grounds for immediate removal.

Sincerely,

Not raised in a barn

I always hate when government gets involved because they rarely are successful, but in this case the airline industry has brought these actions on themselves.
It's ok to me if the government puts controls in place to protect the citizens. The govt. isn't telling airlines what to charge or where to fly. But the bill of rights, if passed, will set some clear guidelines on how the airline is to treat their customers because right now they're being totally screwed over.

Every airline employee from the 18 year old intern to the top brass has known since 1999-2000 that the skies are too crowded. To that extent, I place the blame of these long delays solely on the shoulders of the collective geniuses that decided to increase frequency at airports that were already over saturated. Maybe the govt. should put slot controls in place at more airports because without that, the airilnes can basically schedule as much as they want and then turn around and tell the customers that it's ATC's fault when there's the any irregular op.

I watch The O’Reilly Factor on FOXNews last Tuesday, they did a segment on this. Bill ask a lot of good questions about the ATC problems, employee wage and benefit cuts, etc. But what stood out most in my mind was when he stated, "I can't figured out why in the heck these people work in this industry for $30,000 per year?"

Bill, US Airways is paying $17,000 per year. And they have stretch out the pay-scale top out to 15 years ......

The Airline Passenger Bill of Rights is inevitable.

The airlines will inevitably react in novel, creative ways (which the government had not anticipated) to protect themselves.

"The Law of Unintended Consequences" will quickly be invoked by the universe.

Passengers will rue the day that they got their Bill of Rights.

wheres yours?

thats why i said "Nazi Airways". maybe i shouldve added a smiley

I lost mine when I came back to work for this airline. :lol:
Not getting into CLT hasn't helped either, especially since I was "displaced." :angry: :down:

I watch The O’Reilly Factor on FOXNews last Tuesday, they did a segment on this. Bill ask a lot of good questions about the ATC problems, employee wage and benefit cuts, etc. But what stood out most in my mind was when he stated, "I can't figured out why in the heck these people work in this industry for $30,000 per year?"

Bill, US Airways is paying $17,000 per year. And they have stretch out the pay-scale top out to 15 years ......
I saw that too and thought the same thing. Hey, I'm not making $30,000. $17,000 sounds more like it. I think last year I only made $15,000.

As for the Passenger Bill of Rights, something does need to be done but the changes won't happen overnight and it will take a long time to actually implement it without it causing even more delays and cancellations and other problems. The whole industry is one big cluster**** but how can they cut down on the aircrafts and the number of passengers. It seems like every plane is full. Are they going to raise fares again to keep some people from flying? Are they going to have to trade in small planes for big ones? What are they going to do with the extra airplanes? If they do have to go back to the gate after several hours, how is that going to work? You'll lose your place in line, pax will take their time coming back to the gate when it's time, and it will be a mess! The airlines will have to pay for more catering, air stairs, employees, cut down on flights, etc. That's one more reason to raise prices and to not give employees a raise.

One more thing for the Employees Bill of Rights:

During short flights I always make an announcement about out express beverage service which consists of coke, sprite, diet coke and water. Then I will repeat it once again and make sure they understand that it is b/c of the short duration of the flight. Then, I take out the cart with only coke, sprite, diet coke, and water and ask each row "Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke or Water?" Then there is at least one wisea** who says I'll take a coffee with cream. Then I repeat we only have Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke and Water. Then he says "Oh, I'll have a cranapple then." We should be allowed to slap morons who try and pull that. This has happened to me many times where they have asked for two different drinks knowing those are part of the selection choices. Usually I just ignore them and move on but still...

No proping feet up on the bulk heads.

I like the diaper one. There's nothing worse then watching people change their baby's diaper on the tray table, then they try to hand it to you as you are serving drinks. Ugh!

Actually, nobody should be handing us any type of trash when we are serving.

Passengers should also be briefed that we don't have computers on board and we know nothing about their connections nor will we know anything until we get to the airport and deplane. They'll have to wait to look at the monitor or talk to someone inside the terminal, not someone stuck in a metal tube 35,000 feet up in the air.

Hey, I'm not making $30,000. $17,000 sounds more like it. I think last year I only made $15,000.

Unbelievable. I hope you can get a bunch of you all together and call the news stations to watch you apply for food stamps. Just make sure you're in uniform with USAirways prominently displayed.

Next time I ask for something to drink, hope you won't be offended if ask if you've handled any diapers lately. Geez some people / passengers these days. And they want a bill of rights?

Don't make me repeat more than once "would you like something to drink?" while looking at me working the cart while you listen to your tunes.

sky high states: I have to laugh about this one.
Sheesh, the flight attendant is holding a napkin with pretzels in their hands, extending them in the passenger's direction, mouthing something, because their IPOD is BLARING loud enough for 3 rows to hear it. You repeat yourself three times, Beverage? Only to finally get them to take their earplugs out and say, "WHATTTTTTT?

What do you think I'm asking?...........................wanna pap smear???? :up: :up:

ONLY stating opinions