Passenger Bill of Rights

Unbelievable. I hope you can get a bunch of you all together and call the news stations to watch you apply for food stamps. Just make sure you're in uniform with USAirways prominently displayed.

Next time I ask for something to drink, hope you won't be offended if ask if you've handled any diapers lately. Geez some people / passengers these days. And they want a bill of rights?
I tried to find a link on Fox's website, I figured we could flood O'reilly with emails about what we're all really paid but I couldn't find a link to email. Does anybody else see one?

It's ok to me if the government puts controls in place to protect the citizens. The govt. isn't telling airlines what to charge or where to fly. But the bill of rights, if passed, will set some clear guidelines on how the airline is to treat their customers because right now they're being totally screwed over.
Every airline employee from the 18 year old intern to the top brass has known since 1999-2000 that the skies are too crowded. To that extent, I place the blame of these long delays solely on the shoulders of the collective geniuses that decided to increase frequency at airports that were already over saturated. Maybe the govt. should put slot controls in place at more airports because without that, the airilnes can basically schedule as much as they want and then turn around and tell the customers that it's ATC's fault when there's the any irregular op.
I say cut the number of flights in half....and Charge double! Areas that saturated are so for a reason. That is where people want to go. It's called matching supply with demand.

I for one think it an excellent idea to share your views with Mr. O'reilly.

Not a hugefan of the guy however if he gets enough mail, I'm pretty sure he would do a follow-up piece. This would be a great opportunity for AFA/CWA to get some air time. Somebody should reach out to him.

Think of the power of a conservative talk show host blasting US Airways and airlines in general.

I just sent Mr. O'Reilly an email. I'll let you all know if I hear something back. I also think everyone should email him! C'mon people, don't be shy! It was an interesting show the other night! I hope he does more coverage!

I just sent Mr. O'Reilly an email. I'll let you all know if I hear something back. I also think everyone should email him! C'mon people, don't be shy! It was an interesting show the other night! I hope he does more coverage!
I just sent one as well. Flight Chic is right everyone should send one.

He asks a very good question - why work for so little? Especially in today's economy where there are many jobs to be had for well over $15K that let you stay home and not take so much crap.

I know pilots starting out have the long term vision that they will be at six figures (if they last at the same airline) some day. But I don't think that aspiration exists with other employee groups, so people - when you email Bill O'Reilly, tell him why you choose to work for $15, $20, $30K versus somewhere else with much less stress.

He asks a very good question - why work for so little? Especially in today's economy where there are many jobs to be had for well over $15K that let you stay home and not take so much crap.

I know pilots starting out have the long term vision that they will be at six figures (if they last at the same airline) some day. But I don't think that aspiration exists with other employee groups, so people - when you email Bill O'Reilly, tell him why you choose to work for $15, $20, $30K versus somewhere else with much less stress.

PHL you tell me why they stay, then we'll both know ....

With today's pay and benefits, management has successfully reduce the employee group down to three groups.

1- Senior employees with only a few years to go that plan on finishing out giving them what they pay for, not much.
2- New hires that plan to take advantage of a few free flights before they move on.
3- Those to stupid to get hired anywhere else ...... :lol:

I just added my email. I want him to investigate golden parachutes at US Airways.
As to why we choose to do it, there are lots of reasons. Not all f/a's are uneducated or incapable of doing something else. I have a master's degree and after a career in teaching enjoy the freedom of traveling. Do you actually want someone who can't find a job making more than $17,000 responsible for your safety in the air? It is more than a job for a lot of flight attendants and the public doesn't realize the sacrifices we make. Most take the job seriously and most do the job well.

I concur. Everyone who emails him should tell him their story.

I am curious about what everyone's story is here. As for mine - I was hired right out of college. I didn't want to work in an office setting. Since I loved traveling and had spent so much money on it, I decided to start letting someone else pay me to travel. Then I took a voluntary furlough to go back to school and got my teaching certification (MAT) so I did that, taught school for 3 years, got burned out, and in April 06 I got a letter saying US Airways was recalling so I decided to go for it so I would have a less stressful life. It was a weak moment for me because in April many teachers are burned out and ready for Summer and I was so ready for a change. I had no idea things were this bad here. I may go back to teaching next year since it truly is my passion and always gave and will give it 110%. I thought I was making very little money teaching but I made twice what I make now, plus I got a supplement, bonus money for high test scores, and every weekend, holiday and Summer off. Even if I don't return to teaching school, I am working on some business ventures during all of my spare time. I just can't imagine working for US Airways for much longer. To tell you the truth, there are many similarities to teaching. The great thing about teaching kids though is in my classroom they are required to use manners such as please and thank you and they don't leave until the room is clean. Whenever passengers say things such as "I want some water" or "I want a pillow" I cringe and want to correct them and say "May I have some water please?" or just say "Please?" At least teaching I could correct bad behaviors that would hopefully stick with the kids.

What really bugs me is that there are a lot of people here who say they don't have anywhere else to go nor do they don't think they can find a job that pays what they are making now. That is very sad and I feel for those people. I know some of these people are capable of being successful in another career but why they don't make the effort and make it happen is beyond me, especially when those people are so unhappy here. Are they happy with settling? Is their self-esteem so low that they truly don't think they can do it? Are they lazy and don't want to make the effort? I don't get it.

While I am here I do take advantage of all of my free time to work on things for my future, I go see the cities where we overnight if I have time (Hey, how many people do you know who have gotten a full day of fun in Albany or Norfolk or Manchester? I really live it up when I go to Europe or the West Coast! ;) ), and I try to just make the best of it and look at it as an adventure. Otherwise, I would drive myself crazy...I wish I had more time to travel on my own time when I am off but that just isn't possible when you commute and only have 2 or 3 days off. When I am off, the last thing I want to see is an airport or an airplane though.