Going Back In Time

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
I remember when the Amfa wannabes here at AA were bragging about the leading contract. Only difference it was on another discussion board. I pointed out the poor language Amfa negotiated and the 100% farm out limits! the cap of 38% was just a tip on the iceberg. With the FM1 and 2 a joke now and the continued Outsourcing of work the predictions are coming true and will continue!!!!

Now Amfa has given away defined pension at Alaska currently working on it at United ands is in stagnant negotiations at several other carriers!!! The writing is on the wall!!!

Name: A former IAM Rep.
Email:
Employer: NWA
Station: MSP
Date: Saturday July 24, 2004
Time: 09:22:37 AM

Comments
I have a story that I think the members at NWA will finally listen too. It was the day of the representation election in November 1998. I was out in DC for the count with Jeff Doerr, Clay Balous, Mary Sansom, Trent Larson, Rich Lehmen and several other IAM representatives that I can't remember at this moment. Anyways, after AMFA won, we went back to our hotels gathered our things and headed to the Airport to come home to MSP. We all boarded the flight and were sitting right behind the First Class Bulkhead. Just before the doors closed Doug McKeon and Gary Soma from NWA Labor Relations boarded and sat right in front of us in First Class. After take off McKeon waved at Jeff Doerr to come up front and sit by him, I went up with him. McKeon, offered his condolences at seemed sincere about it. Then what happened next is really interesting. Remember, this was November 1998. McKeon said to Jeff "Do you have any more of those buttons?" Jeff said, "What buttons?" McKeon said, "You know those Remember the T/A buttons?" Jeff said, "Doug, we didn't make those buttons AMFA did." Then after a pause McKeon said, "Well, I guess it really doesn't matter who made them but if I was you I'd get my hands on a pile of them." Jeff asked why and McKeon said, "Because in two or three years from now they should be real popular again." At the time it didn't register with me where he was going with it but three years later it sure did. It was 2001 and AMFA was just finishing up our contract. Three years later just like McKeon said. Then I read the contract that AMFA was bragging about and all I could think about was how much better that the IAM's 1998 T/A was than what AMFA brought back. But it was no use trying to tell anyone that this contract was going to cost us thousands upon thousands of jobs, because Delle and all the amfanuts were out there bragging it up as Industry Leading. When I questioned the Farm Out language that was in this contract Delle told me, "The IAM didn't have any Farm out language, we have negotiated a Cap for you and it's Iron Clad Language." "We even have a Iron Clad No-Layoff provision for everyone in this agreement ", Delle said. Well, Delle was wrong, or a liar and Doug McKeon was right on the money, it was three years later and all I could do was Remember the T/A. It's 6 years later and I still Remember the T/A and it looks even better to me today than it ever has! This is the honest truth and factual. Thanks for the time and space webmaster.

Remember this comment in April;

MINNEAPOLIS -- Northwest Airlines Corp. wants to eliminate another 1, 000 jobs held by mechanics, custodians and cleaners and give substantial pay cuts to those who remain on the payroll, an airline union said Monday.

Only a fool will follow the path to destruction that Amfa is causing in the Industry! Many have woke up and have understood! Will you be one of the last to see this?

I understand it takes some longer than others!! The smart choice will be to go back to your toolbox and hope Amfa never makes it in!! If I have one member I've had several dozen come up and say the same thing.

What I can't understand is if you really believe your hogwash, then why inflate the list and celebrate a Non-Election?

Your rhetoric does not match your actions.

Truth is over 80% of the TWU represented A&P Mechanics want AMFA. It is only when the group is diluted that the TWU avoids a vote.

BTW, I still believe the AMFA/NWA Contract is superior to the TWU piece of #### at AA. Nothing has changed in my views. We are just too busy argueing about personal issues and childish name calling, that is why we don't argue substance anymore.

I also believe that losing Force Majeure Arbitrations is a more honorable union philosophy than lifting guaranteed job security provisions without a fight like the TWU and Jim Little. You seem to forget about the 1400 Mechanic and Related (More if you include your NMB eligiblity list) members who were stripped of job security and laid-off. You also seem to ignore that attrition is happening daily and none of them are being re-called.

Fighting and losing jobs is one thing, voluntary screwing of members jobs out the door is another.

Decision 2004 said:
Truth is over 80% of the TWU represented A&P Mechanics want AMFA. It is only when the group is diluted that the TWU avoids a vote

I also believe that losing Force Majeure Arbitrations is a more honorable union philosophy than lifting guaranteed job security provisions without a fight like the TWU and Jim Little. You seem to forget about the 1400 Mechanic and Related (More if you include your NMB eligiblity list) members who were stripped of job security and laid-off. You also seem to ignore that attrition is happening daily and none of them are being re-called.

Fighting and losing jobs is one thing, voluntary screwing of members jobs out the door is another.
Can you be specific to the dilusion of the 80% A&P mechanics whom you claim to want amfa? Is the dilusion of that number you post caused by the "Splinter Groups"? You know, Those that amfa reluctantly has to accept, but are willing to take their dues..!

And furthermore what's with the about face? You talk about "Fighting and losing Jobs"? Since we are reviewing past event's, wasn't it you who told the Tulsa World that Tulsa was overmanned? That sure did not sound like fighting words to me! More like someone willing to ruin livleyhoods!

---------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

Amfa gave up 300 million in concessions at NWA to start with in contract language and 47% of the membership to date!!! FM2 was a joke! I doubt if anyone will see recalls!

High Speed Steel is correct Amfadave " Tulsa is over manned" concept fits right in with the McCormick Management Group!!!!!

Decision 2004 said:
What I can't understand is if you really believe your hogwash, then why inflate the list and celebrate a Non-Election?

Your rhetoric does not match your actions.

Truth is over 80% of the TWU represented A&P Mechanics want AMFA. It is only when the group is diluted that the TWU avoids a vote.

BTW, I still believe the AMFA/NWA Contract is superior to the TWU piece of #### at AA. Nothing has changed in my views. We are just too busy argueing about personal issues and childish name calling, that is why we don't argue substance anymore.

There you go Dave, doing what you do best.......changing the subject. It appears that when the truth rears it's ugly head (the amfa truth) you run like a frightened child and turn the focus to something else.

We are just too busy argueing about personal issues and childish name calling, that is why we don't argue substance anymore.

So, you are saying that T/A's are not "substance" Dave???? I have said this over and over that amfa has poor contract language. The post that started this topic proves just that. It was forseen 6 years ago. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU??????????

I also believe that losing Force Majeure Arbitrations is a more honorable union philosophy than lifting guaranteed job security provisions without a fight like the TWU and Jim Little.

Yeh, and you and other amfa followers (including your leader) think that BK is the better alternative. The credibility has been lost Dave. (If there was any there to begin with!!!!) :shock: It appears that amfa's ship is sinking fast. But my bet is that your "captain" will NOT go down with the "ship"!!!!

TWUer,

Let me get this straight, you are bragging about TWU language in our contract. Yeah it's great, it spells out quite clearly how bad we got it. I want to puke every time I read it.

Using you logic, why don't we bring back another 1000 heads to Tulsa and take another 17% pay cut to pay for them. Of course you will not be able to write it off as a charitable contribution.

Checking it Out said:
The cap of 38% was just a tip on the iceberg. With the FM1 and 2 a joke now and the continued Outsourcing of work the predictions are coming true and will continue!!!!

Can you tell us what the outsourcing percentage cap is with the twu at AA?

80% want AMFA? Inflation of numbers on whose part? You're a friggin' joke, AMFA VP material all right, just like the other phony AMFA officers. Delle runs unopposed again..HAHAHA!

And really, about this outsourcing cap and what a good idea it was. What did NW do after they received the cap? They blew past it like stewart going to dinner, straight to what , 41%. Allowing a cap gives the company free reign to immediately arise to that level of outsourcing. With the IAM's agreement ontact, 100% of all outsourcing was grievable...ooops! Lost that ability. Great at real-estate, sucky at negotiations,

New slogan should read.."Get Going AMFA" instead of "Go AMFA"

The scope language. "present volume of work", has been maintained for years! The TWU members can grieve this and collect money. The language in the rest of the agreement is what enforces the agreement. If you gut the language, you in affect gut the scope of the agreement. Unlike at NW the TWU at AA understands the importance of language.

Nightwatch go get your wife or one of your kids again I know you have to depend on them a lot for the hard stuff like adding subtracting and such. Now 9600 cards signed 90% by mechanics is 8640 mechanics who signed cards give or take 200-300. Now get on jet net and see how many AMTs and OSMs there are. Now give the numbers to your wife or daughter and ask them to tell you what % it is. I think you will find 80% is close if not a little low. NO VOTE :angry: NO PEACE!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
The scope language. "present volume of work", has been maintained for years! The TWU members can grieve this and collect money. The language in the rest of the agreement is what enforces the agreement. If you gut the language, you in affect gut the scope of the agreement. Unlike at NW the TWU at AA understands the importance of language.

:blink: So exactly what percentage is the "present volume of work"??? :ph34r:

What the twu understands is dues money, period. The company understands that a two tier wage system with starting wages at $9 is a price bonanza!!!

Back