"going Forward Plan"

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways senior management, excluding Dave Siegel, will present the transformation plan, now called the "Going Forward Plan, in open session to the US Airways ALPA MEC on Thursday, February 19, at 12:00 p.m.

On Friday, February 20, at 7:00 a.m., US Airways' chairman of the board Dr. David Bronner will address the MEC followed by a question and answer period.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Here are a few questions Dr. Bronner:

Why does LUV spend .15 cents per gallon less for fuel that U? We use 1 Billion gallons per year. That equals 150 million bucks. Why is our management not as adept at hedging fuel as LUV?

Do you think leadership is a factor in turning this company profitable? How much importance do you place on having a motivated work force led by a positive can-do CEO? Are you aware that the most important asset of the company are the employees? Do you think Siegel is capable of motivating and leading this workforce? Do you honestly believe the employees of U do not understand the changing marketplace and our desire to have a competent CEO lead us to profitability? Do you think this employee group has ANY faith in David Siegel? Do you think constant bad news and threats of not surviving are the way to motivate and lead employees?

You have mentioned in a public interview that you are spending "way too much time" on US Airways. Do you feel you position as Board Chairman is a part time job? How can a Board Chairman spend "way too much time" on the company he is the head of? Is there a conflict of interest in being the head of a retirement fund that holds U stock as an investment. Is the fund more important to you than this company? Is the U investment worth more in pieces and isn't it your fiduciary responsibility to maximize the investment for the fund? And wouldn't that be in direct conflict with the shareholders and employees of US Airways. To which entity does your allegiance lie? Is it legal or morally ethical to hold both positions?

Will you and the board consider hiring Gordon Bethune or Don Carty to run this company. Both are PROVEN airline executives who have shown they can run an airline. Just how long will you continue to allow this management team to lose money? Will you allow them to take us into Chapter 7? Why are the rank and file employees responsible for poor performance but this management team is not?

Thanks Dr. Bronner. Just one last question: Are you a surgeon, general practitioner, or one of those academic guys who like to be called Doctor?

That's what I would ask if I were an employee of US Airways.

mr

Seems that Bronner has pressing business in Alabama and has to catch mid-morning flight. Start time of todays meeting moved up to 7:00AM. May not be much Q&A time.

Jim

Dr. Bronner's exposure is 1% of his funds holdings. He's already said that this is just a game that he's getting tired of. If the game ends early, he will have very little lost.

BoeingBoy said:
Seems that Bronner has pressing business in Alabama and has to catch mid-morning flight. Start time of todays meeting moved up to 7:00AM. May not be much Q&A time.

Jim
Perhaps he has a 1:00 PM tee time in Birmingham.

Wasn't management supposed to present the new plan to ALPA and the pilots in an open meeting today at 12:00? Since it was an open meeting I am guessing there was no confidentiality, so what are the points of the new plan?

Sorry guys,

Had my days mixed up - Bronner is supposed to be there tomorrow (Friday) I think.

Jim