Alpa Special Mec Meeting Called

USA320Pilot said:
PineyBob:

I have not viewed the "Bonuses Inflame Air Unions" topic because I believed it would have a poor debate. It appears my thought on thi subject has spilled over to this topic.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="269203"][/post]​
tell us another one..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh my god i just saw pigs flying....

delldude said:
tell us another one..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh my god i just saw pigs flying....
[post="269230"][/post]​

I prefer this version.

Attachments

• pigsfly.jpg
    pigsfly.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 101
ITRADE said:
What are the official ALPA and AFA policy lines concerning merging lists from ALPA and AFA carriers?
[post="269206"][/post]​

AFA is date of hire.

ALPA's merger policy seeks to do a few things:

1)Preserve jobs.
2) Avoid windfalls to either group.
3)Maintain or improve premerger pay and workrules.
4)Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.

I'd imagine you won't see HP pilots on widebodies for quite some time. I'd also imagine you won't see very many US furloughs coming back (both due to the merger policy and the AAA ALPA habit of eating it's young). #4 clearly favors the HP pilot group.

ClueByFour said:
2) Avoid windfalls to either group.
4)Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.
[post="269270"][/post]​

If you listen closely, you can already hear the murmurings that could blow both those out of the water. The faint sound of "Look at all the retirements US will have in the next 5-7 years. Those HP pilots will be in great shape if they'll just be patient".

Sorta reminiscent of a merger about 15 years ago when growth was going to cure everything.

On another note (and as much as I hate to say it), in my opinion whoever ends up pulling the strings would be wise to operate the combination as 2 seperate divisions for a couple of years at least and not be in a big hurry to integrate everything.

If US' cost structure (CASM) can be lowered to a competitive level in that time, then integrate. If not, well, a holding company can shift assets to the lower cost division and dissolve the higher cost division.

Jim

ITRADE said:
I prefer this version.
[post="269242"][/post]​

Itrade, if that pig is doing what I think he's doing to that A/C, does this mean we'll be hearing the pitter patter of little 757's soon? I guess that's the only way we'll ses our fleet exapand any time soon!

BoeingBoy said:
On another note (and as much as I hate to say it), in my opinion whoever ends up pulling the strings would be wise to operate the combination as 2 seperate divisions for a couple of years at least and not be in a big hurry to integrate everything.

Jim
[post="269284"][/post]​

From the reports in the trade press, it would appear that AF and KL have been pretty successful pursuing exactly this approach.

USA320Pilot said:
PineyBob:

I have not viewed the "Bonuses Inflame Air Unions" topic because I believed it would have a poor debate. It appears my thought on this subject has spilled over to this topic.

As I indicated in another topic somewhere in this forum, I believe many MSP employees deserve a severance package just like union employees. Accountants, planners, analysts, IT personnel, consumer affairs personnel, secretary’s, or people who work payroll all need money to transition to a new company to support their family when they’re laid off. Moreover, it’s very important that these people remain with the company during the two-year transition period and are part of the integration team to fully combine operations.

In regard to senior management I believe they should receive whatever their employment contract calls for, just like union employees. There is no question that corporate greed exists in America and I do not support this.

I agree with US Airways ALPA Communication Committee Chairman Jack Stephen’s public comment when he said, “If this is true, and if it is not in line with the financial and operational templates for salaried employees at other low-cost carriers, ALPA will utilize every available venue to oppose this filing. MEC Chairman Bill Pollock will address this matter directly with senior management tomorrow, and we'll report the outcome of his meeting with management on the code a phone and website.â€￾

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="269203"][/post]​

Hey A320,

The TRP does not include any administrative staff.

It includes $18 million for 25 Senior Execs, $32 million for 1800 supervisors, Managers, Directors , and $5 million as discretionary for special "kiss- asss" types for Lakefield to give at his whim. (up to $50,000 a piece extra). B)

While back at the asylum, Labor continues to go into BK, continue to lose their jobs, and morale at an all time low.

I think the company is going to get some shitttt on this "plan" in Court from all parties.

How much will the merger assesment be this time? Maybe the merger comittee can go back to the Phoenician and golf errrrr I mean work on the merger. Heck they could even play a round with the HP MEC.

B6Busdriver said:
How much will the merger assesment be this time? Maybe the merger comittee can go back to the Phoenician and golf errrrr I mean work on the merger. Heck they could even play a round with the HP MEC.
[post="269628"][/post]​

Sadly, this is EXACTLY what will happen with any merger assessment funds. Since HP is based in PHX, the thieves have a better excuse this time to squander our money at the Phoenician. (I don't remember what their logic was years ago to meet in PHX when the UAL merger was on the agenda. I'm certain they found a way to justify it in their own warped minds.)

The location of every MEC meeting and every Committee meeting should be determined by lottery of all the cities served by mainline. Then, the conference facilities should be determined by using ONLY those hotels in the city where crews spend their layovers. Any preferred-customer points should be retained by the MEC and NOT the individual.

Nycbusdriver:

The previous Merger Committee attended the annual Phoenix Airline Symposium held (this year’s just concluded) at the Phoenician. The hotel rooms cost nearly $500 per night, these men took their wives on the trip, and then charged ALPA for their expenses. In addition, one Merger Committee member charged ALPA for a Satellite high speed broadband internet dish that was installed at his home.

Click here for a look at the resort.

The conference discussed the merger, but had nothing to do with the seniority list integration.

The three US Airways ALPA Merger Committee Representatives from the United merger, who are politically aligned with ALPA’s RC4, had a great time at the Phoenician on your and my assessment.

Regards,

USA320Pilot