goobers!

BTW, we've all been dissed (usaviation bloggers) on the Facebook/NO WAY AFA site. (Well, maybe not you).
But we've basically been described (pro contract peeps) as bitter and irrelevant. Oh yeah, and "conspiracy theorists."

When someone tries to discredit you in this manner, it usually means you're anything but irrelevant.

sometimes I just do not know what to think!

How about "thinking" that you won't let their tactics be effective by getting to you?

this is what I do not understand with some sites...first its "We are so happy to have you join us".."Welcome, Welcome Welcome."(while spitting out sunshine and rainbows)

the n e x t comment is "you bunch of bitter blah blah blah.." this is how it comes across to me...

either honk the Welcome Wagon horn or not.. but for goodness sakes pick a theme and stick with it!

is it asking to much to be consistent?!

"You're welcome to post as long as you agree with us; otherwise, hit the bricks."

everyone seemed to love the spinzels, put those back on board and call it a day!

And the Smart Bars too, while they're at it!

When someone tries to discredit you in this manner, it usually means you're anything but irrelevant.
actually that is true, it means basically you are on the "radar" and people are actually noticing and paying attention to everything someone is saying or writing..

How about "thinking" that you won't let their tactics be effective by getting to you?
it is more confusing to me rather than bothersome...first someone says how great it is with their "family" the next thing out their mouth is an insult to the very same people they are trying to convince how great everything will be...of course once we throw our contract out the window...to me it just says.. same ole same ole, but in this case nothing in writing.

"You're welcome to post as long as you agree with us; otherwise, hit the bricks."
yep.

And the Smart Bars too, while they're at it!
I would actually like to have our airline back, but it appears that is never going to happen..furthermore to label people(some do not even know) who just happens to have a different viewpoint as a "bitter employee" is just incredible to me! but such is life...

its best to focus on positive aspects and yes! I agree with the smart bar comment too!

sometimes I just do not know what to think!

this is what I do not understand with some sites...first its "We are so happy to have you join us".."Welcome, Welcome Welcome."(while spitting out sunshine and rainbows)

the n e x t comment is "you bunch of bitter blah blah blah.." this is how it comes across to me...

"Hi there and welcome to our group!! We are just thrilled to have you with us today.. you bunch of bitter pot stirring conspiracy theorists"... I mean come on already...

either honk the Welcome Wagon horn or not.. but for goodness sakes pick a theme and stick with it!

is it asking to much to be consistent?!

Edited by Moderator: Copying material from other websites is not permitted without the express permission of the website owner or the author. Material containing vulgarities/profanity is never permitted. Thank you.

The topic is peanuts on the plane. Please stick to it. There is already a thread devoted to the pro-/anti- AFA discussions.

Dapoes,

honestly, I am not really interested in those types of anti websites (even though that is their right to freedom of speech and expressing their ideas) and especially ones with one sided views and members using profanity or constantly insulting each others views including those opinions on this forum.. (personally have read enough from that group).. if that's your thing more power to you, but lets try to focus on the topic...

I was reading some more information regarding peanut allergies, apparently nearly 20 percent of children actually outgrow this..which is actually a good thing..to read..

apparently the main problem with peanut allergy is severity of the reaction, that is probably why so many people are voicing great concern, I just think it would be best if this was rethought serving this particular food product on aircrafts.

Dapoes,

honestly, I am not really interested in those types of anti websites (even though that is their right to freedom of speech and expressing their ideas) and especially ones with one sided views and members using profanity or constantly insulting each others views (personally have read enough from that group)
:huh: Even though you have taken the time and dedicated numerous posts to the very subject? :huh:

it is more confusing to me rather than bothersome...first someone says how great it is with their "family" the next thing out their mouth is an insult to the very same people they are trying to convince how great everything will be...of course once we throw our contract out the window...to me it just says.. same ole same ole, but in this case nothing in writing.

Excellent post, Dig!

it is more confusing to me rather than bothersome...first someone says how great it is with their "family" the next thing out their mouth is an insult to the very same people they are trying to convince how great everything will be...
FYI DIG...the other side feels the very same about AFA. <_<

:huh: Even though you have taken the time and dedicated numerous posts to the very subject? :huh:

I am not a member of that FB advocacy group..but have taken the time to read different opinions offered and..

well.. actually I think it is necessary to read, share and express/discuss different ideas and views.
however...when individuals begin and choose to take it to the level.. it is nothing more than profanity and insults the message seems to become lost.

personally have read enough from that group..

we need to focus coming together as a group focusing on positive aspects..

Now before you read further, please be aware that you are reading the postings of a wild-eyed, yellow-dog Democrat, liberal. However, I believe that we have gone entirely too far with this business of insisting that the majority accomodate itself to a small, possibly bogus, minority.

I agree that the "allergy" problem has gotten entirely out of hand. I will be 64 next month. When I was in grammar and high school, I knew ONE (1, uno, ein) student who had allergies. He was a friend and classmate of mine. He LOOKED sick. Now you see these people who make Michael Phelps look like the 95 pound weakling insisting that they have allergies and the rest of the world must re-arrange itself to their personal comfort.

Random thoughts:

Someone mentioned lawsuits. Southwest has never stopped serving peanuts and they have not been sued--at least, not successfully--that I know of.

Dignity is correct. We should let kids go out and play in the dirt. Yes, we got sick when I was a kid. That is the way your body develops antibodies--by being exposed to germs.

At AA, we also quit serving peanuts. However, we make it clear (I think they even put it in the Contract of Carriage) that we do not, nor can not, prohibit passengers from bringing peanuts and peanut products on the airplane, and because of that if you have peanut allergies you travel at your own risk.

One day during boarding at DFW, a woman started demanding that we confiscate a bag of peanuts from another passenger she saw eating them in the waiting area because her children had peanut allergies. (Actually, she started with a demand for us to deny boarding to the other passenger because he might breathe on her children.) We explained that we could not do that; however, we would be happy to accommodate her and her children in the first available space on a later flight if she was that concerned. When she found out that the next available space was the next day (we were headed for MCO, don't you know), she decided to continue on the current flight. The children were fine the whole flight. The mother stayed in a snit, but we've all dealt with passengers that are determined to be unhappy, haven't we?

This is a democracy in which we all have choices. If you are allergic to peanuts, you have a choice. No one is forcing you to fly Southwest, or Delta, or American. And, let's not forget that no one has the Constitutional right to fly to their destination. "If you don't like what we serve, don't fly us" should be our position.

Oh, and as far as the widespread allergy problem. I firmly believe that a great many of these allergies are self-diagnosed, not backed up by medical evidence. You have the sniffles one day after attending a party where seafood was served--which you happen not to like anyway. Well, that must mean you are allergic to seafood. And, that gives you the right to inform your host that he can never serve seafood again at any function to which you are invited, doesn't it? (This actually happened to me. I found an alternate, and very simple solution. That person has never been invited to a gathering in my home since. :lol: )

Random thoughts:

Someone mentioned lawsuits. Southwest has never stopped serving peanuts and they have not been sued--at least, not successfully--that I know of.

Do they have an actual notice to customers informing peanut products are on board?

Dignity is correct. We should let kids go out and play in the dirt. Yes, we got sick when I was a kid. That is the way your body develops antibodies--by being exposed to germs.

that is actually a very good point, children need to be exposed to certain amount of germs simply to build up antibodies...

At AA, we also quit serving peanuts. However, we make it clear (I think they even put it in the Contract of Carriage) that we do not, nor can not, prohibit passengers from bringing peanuts and peanut products on the airplane, and because of that if you have peanut allergies you travel at your own risk.

exactly, how can anyone anywhere actually prevent someone consuming a peanut? I think it would be nice to at least consider accomidating a request but how does someone demand the outright non-consumption of a peanut in a public place? you really cant.

One day during boarding at DFW, a woman started demanding that we confiscate a bag of peanuts from another passenger she saw eating them in the waiting area because her children had peanut allergies. (Actually, she started with a demand for us to deny boarding to the other passenger because he might breathe on her children.) We explained that we could not do that; however, we would be happy to accommodate her and her children in the first available space on a later flight if she was that concerned. When she found out that the next available space was the next day (we were headed for MCO, don't you know), she decided to continue on the current flight. The children were fine the whole flight. The mother stayed in a snit, but we've all dealt with passengers that are determined to be unhappy, haven't we?

as Flight Attendants we have to keep all passengers in mind, even the ones who choose to eat peanuts in the boarding area

This is a democracy in which we all have choices. If you are allergic to peanuts, you have a choice. No one is forcing you to fly Southwest, or Delta, or American. And, let's not forget that no one has the Constitutional right to fly to their destination. "If you don't like what we serve, don't fly us" should be our position.

Realistically all they can really do is simply just make people aware if the peanut products are to remain on board or put back on..as they have done..

Oh, and as far as the widespread allergy problem. I firmly believe that a great many of these allergies are self-diagnosed, not backed up by medical evidence.

probably what happens is these cases start to become documented based on emergency room visits when people start to have an adverse reaction to a particular food consumed. someone may go to the ER with difficulty in breathing and their throat closing up and have no idea why... only to find out they either have a food allergy or simply a reaction to a known allergy. I am sure these documentations are recorded and used for yearly statistics somehow?
You have the sniffles one day after attending a party where seafood was served--which you happen not to like anyway. Well, that must mean you are allergic to seafood.
I do not think those type reactions result in a runny nose, but moreso serious reactions such as breathing difficulties?
And, that gives you the right to inform your host that he can never serve seafood again at any function to which you are invited, doesn't it? (This actually happened to me. I found an alternate, and very simple solution. That person has never been invited to a gathering in my home since. :lol: )
just change the menu or offer something else as well and keep having your friends come over!

probably what happens is these cases start to become documented based on emergency room visits when people start have an adverse reaction to a particular food consumed. someone may go to the ER with difficulty in breathing and their throat closing up and have no idea why... only to find out they either have a food allergy or simply a reaction to a known allergy. I am sure these documentations are recorded and used for yearly statistics somehow?
No, it starts with people self-diagnosing. I can't tell you how many times that people have told me they have an allergy to something, and when I ask, "What did your doctor say?", or "What did your Dr. prescribe for it?", I get the answer, "Oh, I haven't seen the doctor." That's usually followed by some claim that "My great-aunt was allergic to this; so, it's probably genetic."

just change the menu or offer something else as well and keep having your friends come over!

I think you missed the point. I will NOT be dictated to as to what I will or will not serve in my own home. It is just as rude to demand to review and approve the menu as it is to ask who else is coming before you decide to accept or decline an invitation. If you feel you have the right to call me up and tell me that I can not serve whatever because you are allergic or you will not attend if so and so is invited, just respectfully decline the invitation. My response will be "Well, we'll miss you. Perhaps another time." But, if you tell me what I can not serve or that you won't come if so and so is invited, there probably won't be a next time.)

And, I don't worry about not having anyone to entertain. I am happy to say that invitations to my home are highly coveted. I'm one of those Southern folk who still cooks everything from scratch that I am going to serve--including the bread and the dessert. :up:

I have a good friend who has a serious, medically-confirmed, allergy to shellfish. The way she handles that is she bypasses the boiled shrimp on the hors d'oeuvre table. I am a recovering alcoholic. I don't take the champagne cocktail when it is offered. I do not call people up and say, "You know I can't drink; so, you can't serve alcohol while I am in your home."