Good News/bad News For Fa's

I'm glad we gave up our workrules. I'm also glad we lost pay. I can't wait 'till next year. :up:

If you learn to love bad news you will thrive in an airline career. ;)

I didn't see any reference to such numbers on the flt svc website or on the union site.
As a furloughee, I have no access to Flt Svc. I do have access to APFA's site, but they seem a bit late in posting such info. My numbers come from a former TWA person who is now in AA management who emails me the attrition info in the first few days of the month.

MK

Typical BS from this United loser trying to tell us how much better off they are in bankruptcy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

StraaightTaalk,

You know I'm not a F/A, so I don't mean to be "butting-in" on your F/A "banter" with ol'(UA) "Fly"

That said, I don't see where "FLY" was "breakin' balls" !!!

(Just my meaningless opinion)

NH/BB's

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

StraaightTaalk,

You know I'm not a F/A, so I don't mean to be "butting-in" on your F/A "banter" with ol'(UA) "Fly"

That said, I don't see where "FLY" was "breakin' balls" !!!

(Just my meaningless opinion)

NH/BB's

I think we are all surprised when we read each other's contracts. I remember crying when I read AA's the day after the acquisition of TWA was announced. We wouldn't be f/as if we didn't b---- about something. It is in the job description. The items I might have been willing to trade would have probably horrified others. And life goes on...And AA and the APFA will continue to keep coming up with LOAs to address the staffing shortage so they don't have to address the recall "issue". Hummmmmm

Fly:

Yes, those short layovers in the deep south are killers and I couldn't physically handle it. All the more power to those who like them. We still have long layovers in Sao Paulo and Rio, but it depends upon the departure time and day of the week. For these layovers, we still go into the city (Sao Paulo is one of our nicest layovers remaining). I think more and more domestic layovers are being "down graded." New York City is the latest casualty, I believe. I am not sure about these matters because I don't fly much and am on the international side.

Best,
Art Tang
IMA

We don't have international layovers that are short (except maybe the 2 day MEX but considering that they only work one 4:30 hour leg/layover/one leg home who could complain about a 12 hour layover). Wow.

Just got back from a 36 hour layover in Sao Paulo which I find to be just about right to recover from. I am not trying to be rude, I'm astounded that you can physically do it.

Again, I'm very glad we didn't give away our work rules now that I've seen this. Considering that it looks like most of your layovers are under 18 hours, I can totally understand why you'd be concerned about airport hotels. :shock:

Again, I'm very glad we didn't give away our work rules now that I've seen this. Considering that it looks like most of your layovers are under 18 hours, I can totally understand why you'd be concerned about airport hotels. :shock:
At AA we get a long layover hotel downtown if the layover is over 12 hours.

Fly:

Yes, those short layovers in the deep south are killers and I couldn't physically handle it. All the more power to those who like them. We still have long layovers in Sao Paulo and Rio, but it depends upon the departure time and day of the week. For these layovers, we still go into the city (Sao Paulo is one of our nicest layovers remaining). I think more and more domestic layovers are being "down graded." New York City is the latest casualty, I believe. I am not sure about these matters because I don't fly much and am on the international side.

Best,
Art Tang
IMA
The great hotel in NY was sold, and didnt want an airline contract. That was the best hotel we have ever had in NY. Too bad we end up back at one of the places we left many years ago.

Mike,

Now that you mention it, I recall we are back at the old Midtown location. It is a fantastic location, but you're right, the property is inferior to our former layover hotel. There are still some bright spots vis-a-vis the domestic layovers: SFO, YUL, ORD, BNA, and DCA are still great locations and properties...if you can ever get a layover over 12 hours in the cities. That's the catch!

Take care,
Art Tang
IMA

The great hotel in NY was sold, and didnt want an airline contract. That was the best hotel we have ever had in NY. Too bad we end up back at one of the places we left many years ago.

Attrition for Sept was 73, plus 15 TWA people retired from furlough status. I've had this for two weeks. Did I forget to post it here?

However, I was referring to any headcount reduction made possible by the cuts in staffing just announced. Personally, I don't think it will amount to much. For one thing, the increased layovers may actually increase FA requirements slightly. Second, the extras cut were often not put on board anyway due to short staffing.

Another thing: this removes a safety valve. In the past, the company could eliminate extras if a base was short staffed; now they won't be able to. Eventually, barring any Huge Unforeseen Disaster, they will have to recall.

MK

just a thought but look at how many us air lost when they went to min staffing.......the numbers the company said just did not match the final count....

led to more invols

also those f/a jobs as extras once gone wont come back

you all will learn to work harder with less and less f/a's and an increased workload

just a thought but look at how many us air lost when they went to min staffing.......the numbers the company said just did not match the final count....
led to more invols

also those f/a jobs as extras once gone wont come back

you all will learn to work harder with less and less f/a's and an increased workload

That is called productivity and it should come with a hefty price tag. It will be interesting to see if the APFA received "fair value".

The "industry norm" for the service offered on the 73/75/76 will not warrent the number of f/as currently bid. The service reduction (BOB)and other airline staffing would never hold up in abritrtation. We were all waiting for the other shoe to drop with the intro of BOB-this way we got credit for what we had comming..(long time comming at that) and got rest. Both sides saved face in a way, no explinations necessary to other work groups as to "why the f/as got something back..and we didnt) Its an example of good business-as I said before as long as it works-we need all the help we can get!!

PS- SAN, BOS and SDF are great l/o too!! To be honest AA has the best f/a hotels in the industry..(aside from post bk DA)-I think....

The "industry norm" for the service offered on the 73/75/76 will not warrent the number of f/as currently bid. The service reduction (BOB)and other airline staffing would never hold up in abritrtation. We were all waiting for the other shoe to drop with the intro of BOB-this way we got credit for what we had comming..(long time comming at that) and got rest. Both sides saved face in a way, no explinations necessary to other work groups as to "why the f/as got something back..and we didnt) Its an example of good business-as I said before as long as it works-we need all the help we can get!!

PS- SAN, BOS and SDF are great l/o too!! To be honest AA has the best f/a hotels in the industry..(aside from post bk DA)-I think....

IT SHOCKS ME ON HOW ISOLATED SOME OF THE AA F/A'S ARE...........BOB IS NOT A GOOD THING WITH REDUCED STAFFING.......BOB IS MUCH MORE WORK THAN A HOT MEAL TO EVERY PAX........

TRY WORKING THE 757 WITH BOB AND 4 F/A'S........OR AN 80 WITH JUST 3 OR A 767 WITH 5 ITS NOT EASY......AND SERVICE TO MEET REDUCTION IN STAFF IS LAUGHABLE MGMT WONT DO IT SURE ON SOME FLTS

LIKE I SAID BEFORE LOOK AT THE OTHER AIRLINES TALK TO THOSE F/A'S WE MAY WORK FOR ANOTHER COMPANY BUT WE HAVE LIVED IT...........AFTER ALL NO MATTER WHO SIGNS OUR CHECKS WE ALL DO THE SAME JOB. <SORRY MY CAPS ARE STUCK AGAIN NOT YELLING >

To each his own, Mikey. I loved the Milford Plaza because it was in the midst of all the Broadway theaters. One thing I DON'T do is spend much time in the hotel room when I'm in a city like New York or Chicago. As long as the sheets and towels are clean, what else do you want from a hotel? This month I have a 7.47 "sit" in Chicago. Of course they give us a hotel room, but I change clothes, get on the Blue Line and go into the Magnificent Mile!

IT SHOCKS ME ON HOW ISOLATED SOME OF THE AA F/A'S ARE...........BOB IS NOT A GOOD THING WITH REDUCED STAFFING.......BOB IS MUCH MORE WORK THAN A HOT MEAL TO EVERY PAX........

TRY WORKING THE 757 WITH BOB AND 4 F/A'S........OR AN 80 WITH JUST 3 OR A 767 WITH 5 ITS NOT EASY......AND SERVICE TO MEET REDUCTION IN STAFF IS LAUGHABLE MGMT WONT DO IT SURE ON SOME FLTS

LIKE I SAID BEFORE LOOK AT THE OTHER AIRLINES TALK TO THOSE F/A'S WE MAY WORK FOR ANOTHER COMPANY BUT WE HAVE LIVED IT...........AFTER ALL NO MATTER WHO SIGNS OUR CHECKS WE ALL DO THE SAME JOB. <SORRY MY CAPS ARE STUCK AGAIN NOT YELLING >

BOB is not harder than a not meal...
sorry-
would I like old staffing formulas? yes......the industry will never see them, so I am at least glad we got something out of it........

Latest posts