Goodbye Awa Party Pictures

TheNewLowFare

Senior
Aug 31, 2005
I just got back from the Goodbye AWA party. That was fun, won alot of stuff from the wheel of prizes and games. There was alot of give aways and fun things. We didn't get to see the video and just walk around a little bit in the AWA museum.
Ed Beauvias (the guy who started the airline) made a touching speech and brought tears to a lot of eyes. I didn't see Mike Conway though, but I saw Doug Parker and he made a speach. I heard the commemorative video was good and was told that it will be available to download from Compass in a couple of weeks. Lots of games for kids. Company store was packed...everyone stocking up on AWA merchandise and we thought it was worth it. Franke was booed when he was mentioned during the video I heard. They showed the video every half hour all day.
Here are some of the pictures of the FREE collectors items and prizes that I got.

Thanks for sharing. I couldn't attend, but sure wanted to. We sure have some tough times ahead of us, but if we pull together we'll make it.
The America West spirit will live together with Allegheny, Piedmont, and PSA and God willing for a long, long time.

I heard the commemorative video was good and was told that it will be available to download from Compass in a couple of weeks.

The video was good, similar to the inflight one but much more detail.
It should be a must watch for US Airways people to give them the insight to HP people and attitude that they are becoming part of.

UPNAWAY said:
I heard the commemorative video was good and was told that it will be available to download from Compass in a couple of weeks.

The video was good, similar to the inflight one but much more detail.
It should be a must watch for US Airways people to give them the insight to HP people and attitude that they are becoming part of.
[post="303378"][/post]​

:up: :up: :up:
I was there for the 1pm presentation. Doug gave a very short speach about our past and our future. He always gives a very distinguished honoriing of Ed Beauvais who was present. Doug talked about how none of us would be there for the event if it had not been for Ed's vision 22 years ago. Then Ed spoke for about 5 minutes. It was very emotional for him. I guess emoitional for anyone that was here during his leadership. He talked about how he missed all of us; how he's missed AWA every siingle day that he has been gone. Then he talked about the service to Hawaii. He spoke of the meaning of Aloha - hello, good bye, I love you and he got choked up on the I love you part.

It was a blast to be at this party. The musuem had a lot of interesting things, I signed the corporate flag.

The video that has been mentioned is the same video they played 2 weeks ago at the dinner for 1985 employees on Sept 1