US Airways inflight magazine is GARBAGE

Actually I did enjoy the foods of Pittsburgh and still eat pierogi's when I see them. The Big hair, mulletts and whatever that dialect they spoke were determining factors that made me think "What the F!" are they in a time warp or what!

The Big hair, mulletts and whatever that dialect they spoke were determining factors that made me think "What the F!" are they in a time warp or what!
Actually ever since the open borders act of 1947 (don't google it), the big hair and mullets from Eastern Ohio and Northern WV migrated into Western Allegheny county and Beaver county. It's gotten much better, but occasionally you see a left over......check the plates!!

US was Beaver County’s largest employer. The conventional wisdom at the time said if US was to leave PIT, it would be worse than the mills closing down.

Guess what? Didn’t happen. You would be surprised to see the expansion in retail stores *and* hotels around the Beaver Valley Mall for example.
No pierogies for you, then!
PIT is not Phoenix, no offense. Way bigger city, and more population. This economy is good because of US, bottom line! Remember America West was one of the biggest employers for yrs, and means a lot too the economy of Arizona. Without a Major Airline, it would suffer big time! :down:

Cram the folks in the back of coach on one of our $h!thole airplanes and advertise for $500,000.00 studios in new vegas highrises. WHATEVER. We are a joke and the magazine just helps complete the statement.

In the July issue, there is an ad for condos in Charlotte starting at around $1 million. Puh-lease! Anyone in the CLT area who can afford a condo north of 7 figures probably has discerning taste, which means they are either flying an airline with real F, or they are flying private!!!

I would just as soon buy a 1 million dollar condo in CLT as I would on 5th avenue in Downtown Pittsburgh. Now THAT is funny.

Freedom,

I could not agree more with your OP. That magazine is garbage. We stopped reading it ages ago, though I too took the time to count the pages and find the same 90% ratio of pages with ads to pages with written material or pictures.

And a magazine does matter because it puts a face on the airline and the management team behind it. Attache was indeed a sincere effort to reach out to the US customer and put together an interesting read. This present magazine is full of Las Vegas ads and other "infomercial" articles. It's sort of an insult to have this garbage thrust at you as it demonstrates little respect for the pax you're pushing it at.

But the magazine is also true to the sort of management you guys have. They're out to sell and could care less what the product is. That's how cock sure Parker and crew are of themselves.

Call me when the centerfold issue comes out announcing that Parker and his half-assed crew are leaving US. That's an issue I'd call a keeper.

Barry

<SNIP> PIT is not Phoenix, no offense.
Sure, and growing too.

If HP/US went away, along with all the “You have a job, not a careerâ€￾ jobs, would Phoenix really suffer?

Here's the answer:
<SNIP> Southwest is just around the corner, hopeing we will go away!

I would just as soon buy a 1 million dollar condo in CLT as I would on 5th avenue in Downtown Pittsburgh. Now THAT is funny.
Yeah, but you have a great view of the raceway.

Attache was good, this thing has a very fake-happy feel to it. It's like listening to Josh Groben. Or drinking 12 ounces of corn syrup for dinner. Or instead of spending 3 hours with your favorite novel, reading big stack of Hallmark greeting cards. Or instead of driving my VW GTI, getting a rental Ford 500....... :down: :down: :down:

I'd rather read a year old issue of "People Magagine" in a dentists office than read the Usairways VEGAS magazine. ;)

Latest posts