US Airways inflight magazine is GARBAGE

I miss Attache and YOUR FAULT!

YOUR FAULT was the best!!!! Well, if you weren't in a wheelchair, maybe you would have made your connection....better luck next time!!!

Those phoney "Ask John" letters are ridiculous. I'm sure they aren't able to print the real letters John receives.

Obviously a west cost regional airline employee that has never seen an award winning in-flight magazine
[/quote
john, john, just face it! Everything this "new" airline brings will be garbage. The old "US" was so award winning I forgot to fly it! :eek:
All airline magazines are advertisements, and there to get you to buy more and more. Have you seen the Pepto Bismol advertisements on the tray tables lately??
Or that must just be on the "regional" aircraft??? hmm.. :blink:

Wanna get more miles to the gallon? Get rid of that piece of crap vegas advertisement. If I were locked in a dentist office for hours I would rather read a year old issue of People. I know we don't PAY for it but I'm sure we have SOME say as to what goes in. Cram the folks in the back of coach on one of our $h!thole airplanes and advertise for $500,000.00 studios in new vegas highrises. WHATEVER. We are a joke and the magazine just helps complete the statement.

A nice addition to the magazine would be a complete photo of the Executive Team under "The Big Top". I am sure the travelling public would like to see what the Village Idiots look like that "manage" <kind of hard to use that term> the Circus. "You'll Love US".....uhmm, I can't believe those signs haven't been defaced yet in PHX.

A nice addition to the magazine would be a complete photo of the Executive Team under "The Big Top". I am sure the travelling public would like to see what the Village Idiots look like that "manage" <kind of hard to use that term> the Circus. "You'll Love US".....uhmm, I can't believe those signs haven't been defaced yet in PHX.
Because this is still considered the Hometown Airline in Phoenix. Everyone here hasn't caught on. They think it is a bigger America West. Don't get out much, us westie folks..ha ha. :eek:

In my job as Sales Trainer, I have on occassion have learners come to my classes from PHX and once or twice a year I go to PHX to teach. So at most I talk to maybe 30 people a year from the PHX metro area.

One of the things that surprised me was the venon directed towards "The Hometown Airline". Now Granted this was a few months after D oug's U nfortunate I ncarceration. Seems that based on my simplistic and small sample Doug Parker isn't all that well thought of.

I had ten people in class and I was shocked. The comments were vicious and downright mean spirited. Soon I too began to realizes he is a "Wolf" in sheep's clothing.

But at least Wolf created a professional image for US Airways instead of an image of a company that is viewed from coast to coast now as the laughing stock of the industry, the Magazine and its content & layout are merely symtoms and symbols of the underlying tackiness of a company run by people who couldn't pour pee from a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel.

The media was always tough on HP, and still is with the new US Airways. The problem is the economy could not survive without the Hometown airline. That is why Gov. Napalitano and Mayor Gorden have fought hard to keep the company headquarters in Tempe and airline. It is a major force for the Arizona economy. Lots of big companies have business here. Without US, it would be a big down surge in money for the city. Southwest is just around the corner, hopeing we will go away! :down:

Pull an airline with a hub the size of pittsburgh at one time and you see that your city moves on. May not be all that easy to get around but you survive. I think it would be a stretch to say that Phoenix would suffer that much without Usairways. With as big a market as PHX others would step in to carry the load on many of the routes I'm sure. It's not like PHX would turn to dust without Tempe as a headquarters. I'm sure with any other merger with a HUGE carrier you may consider that bye bye over the likes of Chicago though.

You mean the Post Gazette ISN'T the only one that's tough on US?? Don't let the resident PIT bashers see this, they'll get their collective panties all wadded up again!! :lol:
That is precisely one of the reasons I for one never took a liking to Pittsburgh......the media, the Mayor, County Managers, the boroughs of Sto-Rox, Moon,Mars,Appolo and whatever NEVER spoke a kind word of the airline OR it's employees even during better times. As a newcommer in town, this got really old REAL F'n quick.....almost as quick as I found I really hated BIG hair, mulletts and a general population that ate EVERYTHING on the "NO EAT" List and looked accordingly. Other than their negative slant on the airline, the P-G wasn't a bad newspaper, and STEELER coverage was great.

<SNIP> The media was always tough on HP, and still is with the new US Airways. The problem is the economy could not survive without the Hometown airline.
US was Beaver County’s largest employer. The conventional wisdom at the time said if US was to leave PIT, it would be worse than the mills closing down.

Guess what? Didn’t happen. You would be surprised to see the expansion in retail stores *and* hotels around the Beaver Valley Mall for example.

<SNIP>.....almost as quick as I found I really hated BIG hair, mulletts and a general population that ate EVERYTHING on the "NO EAT" List and looked accordingly.
No pierogies for you, then!

Latest posts