PA wants U to move Corp. HQ to PA?.......

----------------
On 4/14/2003 9:01:05 AM PineyBob wrote:

Hey LavMan,
Bet me he finds the money "magically"!

PHL was on the verge of BK when he took over as mayor and he found $323 million to lure a Norwegian Shipbuilder to the defunct PHL Navy Yard.

----------------​

And just how well are that Norwegian shipbuilder and PHL Navy Yard doing today?

----------------
On 4/14/2003 11:08:02 AM LavMan wrote:

PIT ended up with the "Q" check because when they closed INT and GSO, and tried to accomplish all the Qs on the 737s, the 178 bulkhead, the 767 and 757 HMV, all the drop-in visits and engine changes in CLT, it was an impossible task to accomplish. A bean counter can make numbers work anyway they want but in reality you can''t put 10 lbs of manure in a 5lb bag and make it work.

Plus with the grounded of the DC-9, MD-80 and F100 fleet it was easier to spread the work between CLT, PIT and TPA then to shut PIT down and affect thousands more then but a shutdown then to spread the work around.
pit was accomplishing f100,dc9 and md80 heavy chk''s as of 2000-also started taking on 737 q''s.jt8/f100 fleet grounded after 9-11.also would have run engine shop for 3 more years if 9-11 hadn''t come to pass,thus relegating dc9/md80 heavies plus 737 in pit.
Since you are throwing jabs, here is one for you:
jab,cross,jab....r cross,l hook,r cross .... Where is the Frank Shifano Maintenance Complex that Frankie and PIT has promised you guys up there for years?
future Frank Schifano Regional Jet Maintenence Facility?stay tuned....by the way..the ramp and hangar floor were poured in 2001.all you have to do is drill some holes for anchor bolts for bolting the hangar down. And what happened to the Test Cell and the JT8 Engine Shop?
well ,test cell not used as we aren''t o/h any engines at this time,however WE are doing YOUR motors at this time.also quicker than they were done at someother facility. Have you seen our nice new Line Hangar to complete our Heavy Hangar, our new offsite facility, training facility, or PHL''s new Hangar?
your nice new facilities were appropriated well before any of this came down.phl was in works also at same time as yours.osama changed the fate of the FSMF as did BK and a few other things.
Funny how two hangars have been built since you have been promised a new maintenance complex and none of them have been in PIT!

ok,but the steelers still kicked your butt.
----------------​
yaa ya yi ya ya1

Obviously most of the PIT posters have never been south of PA and their impressions of the south are from the old Dukes of Hazard TV series done in Hollywood. Actually from my observations PA is behind NC technologically. Have you tried to make a phone call from Moon? Can't get a line out.
NC has some of the best universities and medical systems in the country. NC has NFL football and NHL hockey. CLT is the second largest banking center in the USA. In NC, we have beautiful beaches which, unlike northern beaches, are open to the public since even oceanfront homes don't own the beach property. That is just the tip of the iceburg.

So get over this "Billy-Bob" impression of the south, but please don't come down and try to remake the north.

What a stupid PIZZING contest this post is. As a PIT resident that has lived in NC I can say this. And stand by it!! Both states/regions have their pluses and minuses, so let's get over it.

Now, as a PAX who lives on U every week of the year, I hope that U does downsize it's presence in PIT. We are not asking for another airline to make PIT a hub. We are tired of the higher airfares that are caused by being a hub city. We can only hope that the city of Pittsburgh and ACAA can invite more service to the PIT airport. I for one want more choices in air service. And that's what it's all about.
Choices.

By the way dude, when PI planned the CLT hanger there were plans for two identical hangars to be built. But with the merger in 1989 those plans were changed and the hangar opened in 1990 as one. If you are looking at the hangar from the front and look to the right where the parking lot is, the foundation, footers, electrical and plumbing are all ready done for the second hangar to be built.

And they are not OUR motors, all you are doing is the QEC buildup, GE and Pratt do our motors, and the company simply did not want redundant facilities doing the same work.

I am not touting one city over the other, I wish you all well up in PIT, but it seems the two Dave's have something differant in mind.

And Piney Bob, Dave #2 is no sloach and I believe he has done more strong arming then fast Eddie:

For the past 30 years, Dr. Bronner has served as the senior executive of Alabama's state pension fund. Under his leadership, RSA's total assets have grown from $500 million to over $24 billion. In addition to the US Airways investment, RSA's other notable investments include development of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail; the acquisition of Community Newspapers Holdings, Inc., Raycom Media; and 55 Water Street, the largest office building in New York.

And Bob PIT is the #24 Air Market in the US, go check it out.

[url="http://http://www.airlines.org/public/industry/bin/2002AnnualReport.pdf"]http://http://www.airlines.org/public/indu...nnualReport.pdf[/URL]

Go to page 23

Latest posts