Great Service

marco90821

Advanced
Dec 31, 2002
I recently flew Delta from CVG to HNL, a route US does not service. It was my first and last experience with DAL. The first leg, on a 732 was a disaster. The first class service was terrible, the plane dirtier than any US aircraft I have ever been on. The second leg from ATL to HNL was on a 763 ER. Once again, the plane was a mess...the back of the seat looked like somone threw up on it; I actually used my hot towell to clean it off. The service was equally as bad, with the meal being what used to be served in coach. Once the service was threw the F/As were rarely to be seen again, and if they did walk through it was an inconvenience for them to service the passengers in Business Elite...which is far from elite. US Airways service, especially the Envoy service is something you should all be proud of. I could only wish I was on a US plane while on this trip. I know it is hard to keep up good service through uncertain times, but please know that US provides great service more often than not, and hope that you keep up the great work. On my next trip to HNL I will use the US/UA codeshare, and will never fly nor recommend DAL to my worst enemy.

Absolutely no axe to grind. Just an observation of my first experience on Delta, simple as that.

I have to agree that DL employees are among the most arrogant in the industry. They almost have to be since they adopted the policy of No Waivers, No Favors, which was another customer requested "enhancement" in the Delta experience. It seems like they just can't wait to say NO.

Personally I have not flown DL since burning miles in 2001. Regardless of how good or bad the DL people are, US people are absolutely the best in the industry, DESPITE what's going on. I can only imagine how great US will be if and when management gets their act together (I can dream can't I?)

Good luck to all...

Latest posts