Poor service on 1st class cabin from HNL to PHX

sadandtired

Sep 3, 2007
:down: What is up with the US 1st Class service from HNL to PHX? A biz associate of mine just arrived today on flt 250 & informed me that on this long flight there wasn't a movie, or headsets, & a lack of food service. My associate asked the F/A to wake him up when they would be serving bkfst and, of course, she didn't. When he awoke & asked for food service, the F/A told him it they were out of meals. Is this how US treats 1st class pax on long-haul flights? What a disgrace! Why not just set the expectations in advance in order to encourage elite pax to bring along their own entertainment & meals? Shame, shame, shame.

Hopefully this new COO will push for a change in the piss poor way AWA has done things and has dumped onto east. He has his work cut out for him. He needs to look at all phases of the operation and identify the weakest links and deal with them Right now our weakest link is by far and away qik/shares. This garbage system needs to go yesterday. Our onboard service needs addressing immediately as well. Stop the downgrading in service levels. Give the pax what they deserve especially in FC/Envoy . Stop the cattle car , put the AB's back to old east config and fix the 330's.

I haven't worked a Hawaii flight for a while, but the flights leave at midnight (or close to it) and is considered a "late night" flight which have less food service/movies, etc, under the assumption that people sleep. :ph34r: I know that the service is changing, just don't know when :stupid:

But you're right, the service stinks and the FA's aren't very proud of it either. :down:

The red-eyes have no service to speak of. No movies, no meals. Pax did complain about the movies keeping them awake.

Years ago, we had a continental breakfast ( 1st class ) that we served 90 min prior to landing but that went by the wayside after 911. (east)

Even so, the f/a should have awakened the man and served him fresh coffee or juice. But then again, we as f/a's are reluctant to wake anyone up. Pax can be a bear when awakened.

As this was a west flight, I don't know what their service procedures are as the company hasn't seen fit to combine service procedures.

US may as well finish the job they started and replace all First Class/Envoy seats with coach. They could offer complimentary upgrades to the bulkhead row for their 14 remaining elite passengers systemwide; otherwise they go to the most elderly of the Kettles at check-in time.

I find it odd that US First Class, on a Hawaii flight to boot, offers less service than Southwest -- neither have meals or movies, but Southwest will be happy to give you a beverage, and snacks on longer flights.

:down: What is up with the US 1st Class service from HNL to PHX? A biz associate of mine just arrived today on flt 250 & informed me that on this long flight there wasn't a movie, or headsets, & a lack of food service. My associate asked the F/A to wake him up when they would be serving bkfst and, of course, she didn't. When he awoke & asked for food service, the F/A told him it they were out of meals. Is this how US treats 1st class pax on long-haul flights? What a disgrace! Why not just set the expectations in advance in order to encourage elite pax to bring along their own entertainment & meals? Shame, shame, shame.
I know, it is dreadful. America West's Doug Parker has destroyed this airline. There is absolutely no class. You're lucky to get a Dougweiser, I mean Budweiser, in First.

While it was fun to see USAirways B757's in HNL-OGG and LIH last month, the only way to really enjoy the Hawaii experience is to fly on HAWAIIAN AIRLINES.

Big, comfy B767-300's. Still offers meals in coach and a good First Class service. Great flight attendants. Bags were whlrling on the carousel minutes after arrival, all of them. Good frequent flyer program.

For the same fare or just a few dollars more you really should not even consider flying another airline.

Are you attempting to compare service out of HNL with Southwest airlines? Correct me please if I am in error, but AFAIK, WN does not fly to HNL.
Thanks anyway for the non-comparison, though

US may as well finish the job they started and replace all First Class/Envoy seats with coach. They could offer complimentary upgrades to the bulkhead row for their 14 remaining elite passengers systemwide; otherwise they go to the most elderly of the Kettles at check-in time.

I find it odd that US First Class, on a Hawaii flight to boot, offers less service than Southwest -- neither have meals or movies, but Southwest will be happy to give you a beverage, and snacks on longer flights.

While it was fun to see USAirways B757's in HNL-OGG and LIH last month, the only way to really enjoy the Hawaii experience is to fly on HAWAIIAN AIRLINES.

Big, comfy B767-300's. Still offers meals in coach and a good First Class service. Great flight attendants. Bags were whlrling on the carousel minutes after arrival, all of them. Good frequent flyer program.

For the same fare or just a few dollars more you really should not even consider flying another airline.
:up: :up:
Yes I too had a recent awesome experience on HA. The question is, why would anyone fly US?? There fares are not cheap- by a long shot. Its so sad to say but the best think that could happen is for US to be be sold to a "real airline" and get ride of AMWEST pisspoor mgmt. IT CANT HAPPEN TOO SOON!!!

When the certificates are merged, does this mean aircraft can be swapped between <former> East/West? So, in theory, couldn't a TA ETOPS 757 fly PHX-Hawaii with the Envoy seating? That would be one step in the right direction (when those TA 757's aren't flying to Europe in off season).

Perhaps just making all the ETOPS 757's fleetwide common with Envoy seating so they can be mixed and matched between the Euro and Hawaii routes would work too....

:down: What is up with the US 1st Class service from HNL to PHX? A biz associate of mine just arrived today on flt 250 & informed me that on this long flight there wasn't a movie, or headsets, & a lack of food service. My associate asked the F/A to wake him up when they would be serving bkfst and, of course, she didn't. .

sky high states: I'm assuming you mean, flight 125. It's a red eye. Too many complaints that the movie keeps people awake.

I have a question. When I clicked on the first class FARE, I thought it would show the DETAILS in FIRST CLASS, WHICH IT DIDNT. It still shows "buy on board" in COACH. How do you know what service you will be getting in FIRST CLASS via the website when booking your FLIGHTS???

Question: Was there breakfast? (maybe the flight attendant took that remark, wake me up for breakfast as tongue in cheek) Or just lightfare right after take off?

interesting!

only stating opinions

When the certificates are merged, does this mean aircraft can be swapped between <former> East/West? So, in theory, couldn't a TA ETOPS 757 fly PHX-Hawaii with the Envoy seating? That would be one step in the right direction (when those TA 757's aren't flying to Europe in off season).

Perhaps just making all the ETOPS 757's fleetwide common with Envoy seating so they can be mixed and matched between the Euro and Hawaii routes would work too....

I think the ALPA HP/US Transition Agreement allows certain cross flying, but only minimal on Trans Atlantic/Trans Pacific flying.

Under one certificate, until there exists a Joint Contract, only specific tail numbers can be flown by their respective pilot group. New deliveries are at the pleasure of wherever Tempe decides to place them.

I haven't worked a Hawaii flight for a while, but the flights leave at midnight (or close to it) and is considered a "late night" flight which have less food service/movies, etc, under the assumption that people sleep. :ph34r: I know that the service is changing, just don't know when :stupid:

But you're right, the service stinks and the FA's aren't very proud of it either. :down:

Less food? You mean they put less food in first class hoping people won't want it? I can understand less food in coach, but first class should have 1 meal for each passenger.

Latest posts