US Airways Non-stop Service, Charlotte-Honolulu

The difference between first class transcon service and Envoy service is HUGE to say the least. In Envoy you drape the cart with the blue cart cover and the galley is packed out where you serve in the aisle. That's just the basic difference besides appetizers served chairside, salads prepared and served chairside. The wine selection is much different and more enhanced along with liquers and port. Truly it's apples and oranges. I could go on and on. Our domestic first product while slightly enhanced is minimal at best. It's what many other carriers would serve on a 2 hour flight. :lol:

They're not really flat, either.

Thanks. I was going strictly on the PR from when they were announced. I guess technically no airplane seat is truly flat - hard to do that with the back cushion separate from the seat bottom cushion.

Jim

Those 767 "envoy" seats are horrible, horrible, horrible. The way they slant you can pull your underwear from around your neck after a few hours sleep. Hell that's IF you can sleep. You'll get a wedgie from hell in those coffins from sliding down as ya fly. Oh and did I mention I don't like the 767 seats? ;)

The difference between first class transcon service and Envoy service is HUGE to say the least. In Envoy you drape the cart with the blue cart cover and the galley is packed out where you serve in the aisle. That's just the basic difference besides appetizers served chairside, salads prepared and served chairside. The wine selection is much different and more enhanced along with liquers and port. Truly it's apples and oranges. I could go on and on. Our domestic first product while slightly enhanced is minimal at best. It's what many other carriers would serve on a 2 hour flight. :lol:
Thanks TravelPro. I know this is an leisure market, but why not offer Envoy service? A very long flight, but oh well! :rolleyes:
Also is this another PHL crew run, of CLT?
Anyway, enjoy the Islands! ;)

CLT crews will fly Honolulu and Rio. As we speak, the CLT 75/76 domestic base is withering away to nothing, and the new (revived?) CLT 75/76 international base is getting up to speed. By January, all 75/76 crews on the east system, i.e. PHL and CLT, will be international.

Thanks TravelPro. I know this is an leisure market, but why not offer Envoy service? A very long flight, but oh well! :rolleyes:
CLT crews. Got three HNL's in Dec. Woohoo!!

Whether the new seat to be installed on the first A330-200 is comfortable or not is yet to be seen. I do believe that I read somewhere that US is the first airline to use the seats. Anyone know for sure?