Poor service on 1st class cabin from HNL to PHX

Hopefully this new COO will push for a change in the piss poor way AWA has done things and has dumped onto east. He has his work cut out for him. He needs to look at all phases of the operation and identify the weakest links and deal with them Right now our weakest link is by far and away qik/shares. This garbage system needs to go yesterday. Our onboard service needs addressing immediately as well. Stop the downgrading in service levels. Give the pax what they deserve especially in FC/Envoy . Stop the cattle car , put the AB's back to old east config and fix the 330's.

Let me look into my crystal ball here, hmm...no, he won't. He'll tell you he will, do a nice song and dance, but in the end he'll do nothing but collect a few million.

:up: :up:
Yes I too had a recent awesome experience on HA. The question is, why would anyone fly US?? There fares are not cheap- by a long shot. Its so sad to say but the best think that could happen is for US to be be sold to a "real airline" and get ride of AMWEST pisspoor mgmt. IT CANT HAPPEN TOO SOON!!!

US Airways Traffic Jumps in August

US Airways Group Inc. said Thursday traffic on its two mainline carriers rose 4.4 percent in August, joining other major airlines in reporting strong demand during the vacation-heavy month.
Combined traffic on US Airways and America West increased to 5.75 billion revenue passenger miles flown in August, up from 5.51 billion during the same period last year. A revenue passenger mile is an industry unit measuring one paying passenger flown one mile.
Capacity slipped 1.9 percent to 6.76 billion available seat miles, down from 6.89 billion a year ago. Occupancy rose to 85 percent, compared with 80 percent in August of last year.

As much as it sucks that a once pround airline is turning into Dirtbag Express , they are filling airplanes..and that means profits. If they are continually filling airplanes why would the company change anything.

I think the ALPA HP/US Transition Agreement allows certain cross flying, but only minimal on Trans Atlantic/Trans Pacific flying.
As usual, your thinking is correct.......

Until there is pilot integration, the "current and announced" flying as of the signing of the transition agreement (mid-Sept 2005) from points west of the Mississippi to Hawaii can only be flown by West pilots in West airplanes or new deliveries. Likewise, the "currrrent and announced" flying as of the same date from east of the Mississippi to Europe/Caribbean can only be flown by East pilots in East airplanes or new deliveries.

The exception is that 1 of those "current and announced" HI routes can be flown by East pilots/planes, while West pilots/planes can fly 2 of the European and 2 of the Caribbean "current and announced" routes. Of course, either side can fly HI/Europe/Caribbean routes which weren't "current or announced" at the time the transition agreement was signed plus East pilots/planes can fly any route from east of the Mississippi to HI and West pilots/planes can fly any route from west of the Mississippi to Europe/Caribbean. Plus #2, notice that Latin America routes are not mentioned - either group can fly those with their planes.

Jim

Tell your little friend that Tempe has decided that there are NO movies on red eye flights which includes all the HI flights that leave after 10PM to head to the main land.

Tell him the arrival meal is a muffin from Otis Spunkmeyer and the majority of the time it is not properly provisioned so there are not enough for the FC cabin. Unless, of course, they are departing from Honolulu, then it is a disgusting lunch-meat and fruit plate which again is often not provisioned properly.

This is not the fault of the flight attendants. Just the assine decisions made by fools in Tempe.

Are you attempting to compare service out of HNL with Southwest airlines? Correct me please if I am in error, but AFAIK, WN does not fly to HNL.
Thanks anyway for the non-comparison, though

The point is that a Southwest flight from DEN to PHX offers better service than a US Airways flight from HNL to PHX.

The point is that a Southwest flight from DEN to PHX offers better service than a US Airways flight from HNL to PHX.

sky high states: How so?

Select Departing SOUTHWEST Flight
Denver, CO to Phoenix, AZ (Friday, September 07 2007)
Fares do not include government fees and taxes.
Flight Depart Arrive Stops TravelTime
680 6:55am 7:45am N/S 1:50

If your total flight itinerary includes a series of flights that each are less than two hours in duration, you will be served peanuts/pretzels on each flight segment. If your flight itinerary includes any nonstop flight longer than two hours, you will be served a packaged snack on that flight segment. Southwest Airlines does not serve sandwiches or meals, however, you may bring something to eat onboard.

...........it's an 1.50 flight DEN/PHX.......you get peanuts/pretzels!

only stating opinions

:down: What is up with the US 1st Class service from HNL to PHX? A biz associate of mine just arrived today on flt 250 & informed me that on this long flight there wasn't a movie, or headsets, & a lack of food service. My associate asked the F/A to wake him up when they would be serving bkfst and, of course, she didn't. When he awoke & asked for food service, the F/A told him it they were out of meals. Is this how US treats 1st class pax on long-haul flights? What a disgrace! Why not just set the expectations in advance in order to encourage elite pax to bring along their own entertainment & meals? Shame, shame, shame.

First, I've worked these flights out of OGG/HNL which do the Lunch Meat/fruit breakfast tray and also they LIH/KOA which do muffins..... MAYBE 3/14 f/c pax will eat what is offered or care too, and further more when HAWAII first started (which was after the merger began) they DID offer movies, but due to the HIGH volume of complaints of the: bright lights from TVs, low headset sales, buzzing on poor qauilty system, etc they decided it easier to discontinue and a majority of people would prefer it that way to sleep. So movies were offered at one time, I think we should HAVE PTVs on those planes, but thats just my opinon and besides I'm so embarassed to work our Hawaii's and it's not an "AWA" thing, it just sucks because the US Airways brand is all over it, after all it's the name of our airline and it just needs to be improved all around and I know it could be a good service over to the islands if we could just take the time to update the 757's and change the bob onboard and have PTV's and a few other small things and it would be acceptable and maybe even prefered by some people out there. Just trying to stay positive about it.

First, I've worked these flights out of OGG/HNL which do the Lunch Meat/fruit breakfast tray and also they LIH/KOA which do muffins..... MAYBE 3/14 f/c pax will eat what is offered or care too, and further more when HAWAII first started (which was after the merger began) they DID offer movies, but due to the HIGH volume of complaints of the: bright lights from TVs, low headset sales, buzzing on poor qauilty system, etc they decided it easier to discontinue and a majority of people would prefer it that way to sleep. So movies were offered at one time, I think we should HAVE PTVs on those planes, but thats just my opinon and besides I'm so embarassed to work our Hawaii's and it's not an "AWA" thing, it just sucks because the US Airways brand is all over it, after all it's the name of our airline and it just needs to be improved all around and I know it could be a good service over to the islands if we could just take the time to update the 757's and change the bob onboard and have PTV's and a few other small things and it would be acceptable and maybe even prefered by some people out there. Just trying to stay positive about it.

This serves as yet another example of thge piss poor planning this airline comes up with ...gee ... let's see, no movie, no headset, nothing to eat. Hey... its only a 6 hour flight, "nah, the pax won't sleep, lets remove pillows and blankets and reduce our beverage service to one that mirrors Express service." Oh, maybe I shouldn't have been this sarcastic, the company may actually take this idea to heart!!
What next, 1 Express beverage service in "dixie-cups", no ice, and no hot bevs. Taking the pillows, blankets and extra bevs off the HI flts will allow a little extra payload...Ahhh more revenue!! Call USPS and tell them we can take another 1000 lbs. of mail, Scott. Greyhound in the sky my friends! You can't be disappointed when you don't expect anything, right? Look at WN, the lowest complaints in the industry... for a reason... their pax know they won't get anything when they fly, so they don't complain that the service was poor.

So movies were offered at one time, I think we should HAVE PTVs on those planes, but thats just my opinon and besides I'm so embarassed to work our Hawaii's and it's not an "AWA" thing, it just sucks because the US Airways brand is all over it, after all it's the name of our airline and it just needs to be improved all around and I know it could be a good service over to the islands if we could just take the time to update the 757's and change the bob onboard and have PTV's and a few other small things and it would be acceptable and maybe even prefered by some people out there.

Holy run-on sentence! :shock:

The Hawaii service sounds dreadful, but no sirprise, look at the transatlantic service!

Tell your little friend that Tempe has decided that there are NO movies on red eye flights which includes all the HI flights that leave after 10PM to head to the main land.

Tell him the arrival meal is a muffin from Otis Spunkmeyer and the majority of the time it is not properly provisioned so there are not enough for the FC cabin. Unless, of course, they are departing from Honolulu, then it is a disgusting lunch-meat and fruit plate which again is often not provisioned properly.

This is not the fault of the flight attendants. Just the assine decisions made by fools in Tempe.

Oh Thank Goodness!, I thought it was just the East! Are you welcoming me to your world, or am I welcoming you to mine? Anyway ... it's nice, or not nice, to know none of us have the tools to deliver a decent product to our cargo -- I mean, customers.

THANK GOD, Parker did'nt get his hands on DELTA !!

I don't know who/what is a bigger EMBARRASMENT in their respective "positions", ...LCC.. or..GWB ?

My heart goes out to "class acts" like Boeing boy/Piney Bob/Art in ISP....and numerous other really good employees/customers at US !!

Oh Thank Goodness!, I thought it was just the East! Are you welcoming me to your world, or am I welcoming you to mine? Anyway ... it's nice, or not nice, to know none of us have the tools to deliver a decent product to our cargo -- I mean, customers.

I'm surprised somebody here hasn't tried to blame the shotty service to Hawaii on the East employees. It's just a matter of time. <_<

Latest posts