Happy SAPping!

This would never happen. Our beloved union would never do that to a BH, like they did to the rsv's. I suggested a rotating rsv system at the clt union meeting and was laughed at by the union(Flores).

sky high states: He KNOWS his (senior) membership well. He knows trying to get them to work reserve wont fly. To him, that would never pass the majority. Hence, he knows he has to IMPROVE the system of Reserve. And, importantly, the Company has to be willing to improve those contract items on behalf of the Reserves. In essence, I dont think Mike wants to rob Peter (blockholder) to pay Paul (Reserve).

I definitely agree with you, this issue needs to be addressed, and FIXED, once and for all.
Up the guarantee? Number of days off increased? Block/Reserve combo schedule? None of those improvements affect the blockholder, really.

Question: What's the worst part of Reserve? Longevity issue? Working into days off? Lack of days off? Schedulers?

only stating opinions

Oh! Don't even get me started on CA! She hates reserves and she's negotiating on our behalf! Ugh! She was so rude to me too! CA, take a hint! LEAVE! We all know she never will though.
If CA actually had to work for a living and fly rahter than sitting in SAN collecting 100 hours of a flight pay pay month by taking a few conference calls a day, she probably would quit. By why should she when she can sit at home and collect a salary. She does not care about the reserves and as long as you have her negotiating, you won't get anything in the new contract. Every reserve should call the MEC president and demand that she be taken off the negoitating committee.

Yeah? Keep laughing! The tiny world of Usair is about to get bigger and look a lot more like other airlines with varying levels of seniority (and this time they can vote rather than being locked into a dues paying but non-voting "division" like MDA... what a union). The former HP F/As have a say in all of this too.

The West Reserves will support the East Reserves in any discussions or actions for work life improvements. We cannot discuss any contract issues with the lineholders here and therefore are not under their influence. Their latest stance, since their agenda item for majority voting for each group failed at the AFA BOD, is that they are going to vote NO on the first contract submitted "just because." Gotta love that! That is their myopic view of the flight attendant work group for US Airways, it is stlll 2004, it is still AWA..... because I say so......dammit. They have NO interest in a generally happier work group and a more equitable system so we must count on the East's support.

There must be an economic advantage to rotating reserve as well. otherwise the other airlines, including SWA, would not have it.

Please keep communicating with us about all ideas that you want presented to the reserves here.

Does anyone know if the East Reserve Comittee and the West Reserve Committee ever meet?

It is so hard to do ETBs now since we can't be on duty for more than 6 days, especially when you are off for two or three days at a time. Even if I wanted to do it, it would be difficult. For example, I am on duty for six days and off for three. So, I won't be able to work an ETB until day 2 of my off days. I won't be able to work on day three because I am back on for 6 more days. I have tried to pick up transatlatic trips or other trips that I would be legal for when I was on for fewer days but I didn't get them.
I have called the ETB desk the morning of my 6th day on and asked to be released if there is coverage. I then go on the ETB and pick up a two day on day 1 of my 3 days off which means I am off on day 3 and am legal. It doesn't always work...there have been days when they've told me there is not enough coverage and there are tons of people on duty so there must be a storm or something in the Rockies but it has worked for me. I agree with you though, no ETB for me in November OR December, let the B/H fly the trips they bid for.....

I have called the ETB desk the morning of my 6th day on and asked to be released if there is coverage. I then go on the ETB and pick up a two day on day 1 of my 3 days off which means I am off on day 3 and am legal.

sky high states: Reserves in PIT are doing exactly that....plus they call each other and swap days off, maximize their flying on the ETB (NOT company time). And, dont break guarantee. But bring home a 100 hour paycheck! Cashcow is over for them, they'll all be holding blocks everywhere they go!

only stating opinions

No ETB for December....Merry Christmas everyone.....Aaaaaaaahahahahaha! ! :lol: Count me in on NOT doing it either.

This would never happen. Our beloved union would never do that to a BH, like they did to the rsv's. I suggested a rotating rsv system at the clt union meeting and was laughed at by the union(Flores).
I don't think those access days are always RSV. Something has to give though.

Now I know I'm going to get creamed for this but the company doesn't care how the trips are covered. But they will be covered.

The blockholders will get rid of thier trips via the bid sheet. (As they are allowed) And the trips will be covered whether they are covered via ETB or by reserves.

If you think for one minute that it matters one whit to the company that you are NOT picking up trips as a reserve via the ETB you need to get your head examined!!

Party On Garth!! :lol:

Now I know I'm going to get creamed for this but the company doesn't care how the trips are covered. But they will be covered.

The blockholders will get rid of thier trips via the bid sheet. (As they are allowed) And the trips will be covered whether they are covered via ETB or by reserves.

If you think for one minute that it matters one whit to the company that you are NOT picking up trips as a reserve via the ETB you need your head examined!!

Party On Garth!! :lol:

Oh the horror, I might actually get to fly when I am on duty. =)

Oh okay, well everyone's doing it anyway, so let's just see.

And yes, would this result in... the trips getting covered anyway... by people who are on duty and working?

Oh gosh! That would be...

the point... right?

sky high states: He KNOWS his (senior) membership well. He knows trying to get them to work reserve wont fly. To him, that would never pass the majority. Hence, he knows he has to IMPROVE the system of Reserve. And, importantly, the Company has to be willing to improve those contract items on behalf of the Reserves. In essence, I dont think Mike wants to rob Peter (blockholder) to pay Paul (Reserve).

I definitely agree with you, this issue needs to be addressed, and FIXED, once and for all.
Up the guarantee? Number of days off increased? Block/Reserve combo schedule? None of those improvements affect the blockholder, really.

Question: What's the worst part of Reserve? Longevity issue? Working into days off? Lack of days off? Schedulers?
only stating opinions

Sky High: Are you saying it is still OK for flight attendants to still be on reserve for 20 years as long as they have an extra day off, nicer schedulers, and an 80 hour guarantee? I think not!

N109UW: I can't believe that MF laughed at you when you mentioned a rotating reserve system! Did he even listen to your idea? How dare those union reps laugh without listening to what you had to say! That goes to show they only care about what the top 5% think and they can't even listen for one moment to what you have to say. They automatically think when they hear the term "rotating reserve" that you want to rob Peter to pay Paul without even listening to your ideas. Shame on them! We seriously need to get CA off of the negotiating committee!

The West Reserves will support the East Reserves in any discussions or actions for work life improvements. We cannot discuss any contract issues with the lineholders here and therefore are not under their influence. Their latest stance, since their agenda item for majority voting for each group failed at the AFA BOD, is that they are going to vote NO on the first contract submitted "just because." Gotta love that! That is their myopic view of the flight attendant work group for US Airways, it is stlll 2004, it is still AWA..... because I say so......dammit. They have NO interest in a generally happier work group and a more equitable system so we must count on the East's support.

Sharonstoneseat: How long does it take to become a lineholder out West? We have 20 year reserves here? Tell your colleagues they better pay attention and care what is going on with the reserve situation because they may very well become a career reserve as well. It is sad but true!

QUOTE(missthe727 @ Nov 3 2007, 09:09 PM)
I have called the ETB desk the morning of my 6th day on and asked to be released if there is coverage. I then go on the ETB and pick up a two day on day 1 of my 3 days off which means I am off on day 3 and am legal.

sky high states: Reserves in PIT are doing exactly that....plus they call each other and swap days off, maximize their flying on the ETB (NOT company time). And, dont break guarantee. But bring home a 100 hour paycheck! Cashcow is over for them, they'll all be holding blocks everywhere they go!

Well, that's good that some people are gung ho over ETBs but I am not and never will be! Why work ETBs on my off days when I can be working on business ventures or taking classes that will result in much more money in the future for the rest of my life, even when ETBs are history! What is so sacred about working those stupid ETBs anyway? Let's let blockholders fly their blocks so we reserves can fly when we are actually supposed to! What is so wrong with that? Like I said before, why should reserves have to fly on their off days in order to pay their bills? It makes no sense whatsoever and no, it is not a win win situation. It is a win (for blockholders and for the company) and lose (for reserves). It is a WIN LOSE situation!

If you think for one minute that it matters one whit to the company that you are NOT picking up trips as a reserve via the ETB you need to get your head examined!!

Party On Garth!!

Flybynite: You need to get your head examined! It does matter to the company because they thinking it is acceptable to have us sit on duty days and pick up trips on our off days! No! We should be flying when we are on duty and enjoying our off days at home with our families! Why is that so hard to understand? Like EMB said, as long as we are picking up ETBs, they company is getting us two for the price of one!

The ETB trips are covered trips. Not open time. That's what I meant when I said they don't care if reserves pick them up or not.

It would be better if scheduling made more lines with INV's during the holidays.

I for one don't mind flying during Thanksgiving. I'll do anything to save me from my mother-in-law's cooking.
:eek:

Sky High: Are you saying it is still OK for flight attendants to still be on reserve for 20 years as long as they have an extra day off, nicer schedulers, and an 80 hour guarantee? I think not!

sky high states: That F/A's in the East are on Reserve for 20 years is due to several variables. What I was saying is...........IMPROVE the Reserve system! All I'm hearing from you is......put the blockholders on Reserve, take away their flexibility, blah, blah, blah.

Play Mr Flores for a minute and let me hear how you would resolve this issue. K?

only stating opinions

Latest posts