Happy SAPping!

Did your fellow FAs not ratify three rounds of concessions while US was in two bankruptcies?

Look in the mirror, look at your coworkers that is your union.

I was at CCY in a conference room a few rooms away from your NC, and TX did the best she could dealing with Glass, but bottom line is you all ratified it.

Remember that those of us MOST affected were not on the property but on furlough when those concessionary contracts were voted on.
I believe that the current reserves will be a vocal and determined voice of change.

Remember that those of us MOST affected were not on the property but on furlough when those concessionary contracts were voted on.
I believe that the current reserves will be a vocal and determined voice of change.

Exactly. There's whole continegent now that was not eligible to vote the last few times. And it's not thier first time at the rodeo, if you know what I mean. The MDA/LTO generation, if you will, is far more vocal and organized than the rest, many of which don't even vote.

I never said it was the right thing to do. When faced the slightest resistance the leaders of AFA now just take their ball and go home to SAN. At the expense of the more JR members. They should have gone back to the company with something. But touch the almighty bidsheet? Now really, click your heels together 3 times an float back in the bubble to reality. Who is to blame? MOST and the majority need look no further than the mirror. Put up or shut up guys.

I never said it was the right thing to do. When faced the slightest resistance the leaders of AFA now just take their ball and go home to SAN. At the expense of the more JR members. They should have gone back to the company with something. But touch the almighty bidsheet? Now really, click your heels together 3 times an float back in the bubble to reality. Who is to blame? MOST and the majority need look no further than the mirror. Put up or shut up guys.
As you can tell, we are putting up. More pressure on our union. They are felling it at every meeting. I await our next union meeting, so I can ask CA if we ratify something, are you actually going to put it in place. That alone should concern everyone. God forbid they promise improvements for BH's and then decide not to implement them. Holy hell would break loose. But again, we don't actually have to worry about that, do we. Good luck with your heel clicking and can I buy tickets for your show? I do landscaping on the side, not really the highheel type, sorry.

Also, if you have been at any of the latest union meeting, it's been 90% rsv attendance. Start talking about rotating rsv and more bh's would show up.

Also, if you have been at any of the latest union meeting, it's been 90% rsv attendance. Start talking about rotating rsv and more bh's would show up.

If you life is so miserable, why don't you transfer to a base where you can hold a line? There is always the buyout, leave.

Pref bid will not get you off reserve. This company runs on a percentage of reserves based on total headcount. EX, if CLT is running on a 17% reserve factor, they will still have 17% of the base on reserve even with a pref bid program. With or with out pref bid if this company knew how to utilitize its coverage then maybe their would be no need for 15-20% reserves per base.

That's ok. I can plant a Cherry or Willow Tree and get in the dirt just as good as the rest. :rolleyes: You're going to wait until the next AFA meeting? They only hold them 2 times a year at best and that's mandated by the bylaws. When those meetings are held where the hell is everyone? It takes getting involved. You don't have to have a meeting to be the catalyst of change. Start my calling friends and ALL picking up the freaking phone to dial the union. Engage them! Everyone has something going on better or more important than getting involved. Suzie's hockey game. A trip to the hair salon. A nap before cocktails at Woodies. Oh I commute, I am so tired. Everyone has a story as to why they were oh so busy and just could not make it to the AFA meetings. The truth is, it was just not that important in their lives. They just didn't care. :eek: Did I go there? Yeah, you betcha!
Yap Yap Yap. You go to the AFA meetings and it's the same people year after year! Stop bitching people and put it to practice. Otherwise it's pissing in the wind.

Fly-
Why should he transfer? That's his base! This is systemic of a larger problem! The system is broken so bad it's beyond hope! At his point its putting a Band-Aid of a gunshot wound.

If you life is so miserable, why don't you transfer to a base where you can hold a line? There is always the buyout, leave.

Pref bid will not get you off reserve. This company runs on a percentage of reserves based on total headcount. EX, if CLT is running on a 17% reserve factor, they will still have 17% of the base on reserve even with a pref bid program. With or with out pref bid if this company knew how to utilitize its coverage then maybe their would be no need for 15-20% reserves per base.
Not miserable. You are hearing this wrong. As Beach stated just ahead, the system is broken. They way you talk, all rsv's should quit or take the buyout. Only problem is, some can't hold the buyout, so they would have to up and quit. I did commute, 9 years, got real tired of it, it was alot of less time at home and with family.

Actually, I got the idea from going to all the union meetings in CLT and asking a hell of alot of questions. This is what we were told. Pref Bid would create more blocks, meaning more rsv's holding those blocks. They said it was a good thing for the senior rsv's. We were led to believe that they were tied together. As you were a primary BH at the time, it wouldn't have concerned you, but to the rsv's, this meant something.

As a Primary Blockholder at the time.....it did and does concern me. The LTO system is nothing more than slave labor.

And it should have concerned every block holder on the property. But alot of blockholders don't think that way.
They don't get involved until they find themselves back on reserve. And it's biting a lot of people in the butt now.

I was telling anyone who would listen....which were few..you don't know how this is going to flesh out. And if this company can figure out a way to get a majority of us on reserve they will. No one listened to me. Except the reserves. They knew they were going to get the short end of the stick.

Pref Bid is a soft-ware system that makes it easier for block holders to choose thier trips and build thier blocks. Nothing more. There would be no Sapping. That would also go bye-bye. I, for one, don't care because I think Sapping is a pain in the ass. (My opinion only.) It doesn't create more blocks of time. And it won't until the company agrees to allow the open time to go into "short time" lines. Say.. lines of 50 hrs of block time.

And the PBS that the company(AWA) wanted to cram down our throats was so inferior our Union put the brakes
on it. Thank you lord..thank you jesus.

The f/a's on the west are using a system called Maestro and it's so bad it crashes on a regular basis. We don't want anything like it. And if history tells us anything...the company we used to work for doesn't exit (they at least tried)and the fools we are now working for are the cheapest, most arrogant ninnies on the planet.

This company isn't interested in investing in it's own infrastructure (QIK/SHARES**?!!) much less our bidding system.
<_<