hawaiian operation

Today 18 Fleet Service personnel from PHX were sent to HA. 6 to HNL, 4 OGG, 4KOA, 4LIH. 1 lead from vegas was sent to KOA. These are all west flts operating into there so thats not the problem, the problem is that the company posted a notice in the PHX ready room for volunteers and they selected the highest seniority to go, but left out all other west employees except for 1 in LAS. People in LAS are very upset no list was posted for them. They are there for an undisclosed amount of time until they can hire a new contract service. However this may now open up the HA cities under the west contract and may force the company to hire union employees out there. Im sure the grievance will come soon, also with lots of bypass OT as well. Will the IAM fight or mention this in negotiations this week? The company has also sent PAX service employees as well Im not sure how that was done, since they have a combined agreement, it would be interesting to hear.

OK, lets not get to excited.....the Hawaii operation is contracted out to ....not aloha employees, but a contract company that is I believe a sub of aloha and is a money maker for them. Much like AMR is to AA. Lets not jump the gun on too much. Aloha passenger services is gone but the contract company is still alive and one of their moneymakers. We shall see

STAY TUNED

I am happy to see them sending our hard working fleet men and women to the Islands!! I hope they put you up in a good hotel. You deserve to enjoy the time there! I am sad to see Aloha close the doors. I hope US opens up operation in house, and offers as many Aloha employees jobs. That would be very generous. I also hope they recruit some of the fa's and pilots to work for US too!!! :up: :)

im from the so called East but myself and my coworkers shake our heads .. its like PHX is a company by its self.. they dont abide by contracts, agreements, etc. and its okay.. ?

im from the so called East but myself and my coworkers shake our heads .. its like PHX is a company by its self.. they dont abide by contracts, agreements, etc. and its okay.. ?
You don't work for US anymore, America Worst Airline now, have you been on holiday this whole time? All things revolve around the Sandcastle, not Carolina or PHL no mo! :eek:

OK, lets not get to excited.....the Hawaii operation is contracted out to ....not aloha employees, but a contract company that is I believe a sub of aloha and is a money maker for them. Much like AMR is to AA. Lets not jump the gun on too much. Aloha passenger services is gone but the contract company is still alive and one of their moneymakers. We shall see

STAY TUNED
If USAirways decide to continue to outsource customer service to the lowest bidders furlough downsize demand concessions threaten bankruptcy transition to more outsource aircrafts wile USAirways executive bail out taking millions in severance and benefits with them. OR allow labor groups to due its own work and management run an airline to be envy of

Kind of cool- US would be getting 732's again. Both pre merger carriers had them.

It would give US extra transpacific Hawaiian flights from the continent, and if they sent the 757s it would make much more sense then what AQ is using currently.

That said, no way this is going to happen. But it's a cool idea.

-Kinglobjaw
There's nothing cool about a US-AQ merger. There is absolutely no business justification for it. US (or any airline) would gain nothing from it other than more debt and higher costs.

They'll be picked apart, which isn't really much to fight over.

US (East) hadn't operated a 737-200 since the Metro"junk" days, which ended in Dec 2001. Aloha operates 18 of those, which will be considered worthless to just about anyone. Their 8 737-700's would be attractive to CO, though. And their 1 737-800 is a lease, so that'll go back to the lessor and be quickly snatched up by someone else like AA who can't get enough of them to replace their Super-80 fleet.

the problem is that the company posted a notice in the PHX ready room for volunteers and they selected the highest seniority to go, but left out all other west employees except for 1 in LAS.

Apparantly it was posted in SEA as well.

People in LAS are very upset no list was posted for them... Im sure the grievance will come soon, also with lots of bypass OT as well.

Me included. We need to find out who the junior man is and then find an appropriate grievant.

STAY TUNED

The employment section of their website listed a separate job classification for contract services but noted that the position was covered by a CBA, so I don't know if it was really a subsidiary or just a division within the company.

And for the record, AMR doesn't have a ground handling subsidiary anymore. That was sold off about eight years ago...

What kind of booshe is this? Why were none of us from the east inculded? Wait until the folks in CLT and PHL here about this, some crap will hit the fan for sure.

What kind of booshe is this? Why were none of us from the east inculded? Wait until the folks in CLT and PHL here about this, some crap will hit the fan for sure.
I just choked on my Dr. Pepper, laughing. Maybe the ppl from PHX had to do work and they saved the foo foo jobs for the East, like sending the Easties to MoBay to play around in the Lazy River, or to LAS to teach them how to do one DECS entry and how to slam a door in ppls face.

Seniority? Stop making me laugh, you so silly Jetjet!!

The East wasn't included because there are no East flights. It's West metal only in Hawaii.