Headquarters

[[/blockquote]
While it's true that DCA is only a focus city for US, the carrier has more mainline nonstop destinations from DCA than it does from any other airport US serves (besides the three hubs, of course). This derives from US' unique advantage in attracting Washington area passengers to its short- and medium-haul flights by having the most slots at DCA, the region's most centrally located airport.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Speaking of slots, to what use are all of the LGA slots being put? 19 Mainline flights?(5 more than BWI!)
It seems the nations financial center would be able to support more flights with larger aircraft than what is being offered.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/17/2003 8:02:42 PM a320av8r wrote:

Don't forget, Piedmont's headquarters was in INT with no service.
----------------
[/blockquote]

hmm, wouldn't one consider Greensboro, a PI city, close enough for govt.work??

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/17/2003 9:34:39 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/17/2003 8:02:42 PM a320av8r wrote:

Don't forget, Piedmont's headquarters was in INT with no service.
----------------
[/blockquote]

hmm, wouldn't one consider Greensboro, a PI city, close enough for govt.work??

----------------
[/blockquote]

I would. And, FWIW, PI did serve INT (Winston-Salem, NC, for those wondering) separate from GSO through nearly all of their years of operation.
I think that INT was one of the stops on their original Wilmington (NC) to Cincinatti Air Mail route, and they didn't pull out of INT until late '83 or early '84, well after deregulation.

Yeah ITRADE,
I have a case of management envy.I envy the person who does a less than adequate job and still collects a big check. I wonder how many of those 2000 employees you say are there are actaully ESSENTIAL to the operation of this company?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/18/2003 12:13:33 PM Mike W wrote:

Yeah ITRADE,
I have a case of management envy.I envy the person who does a less than adequate job and still collects a big check. I wonder how many of those 2000 employees you say are there are actaully ESSENTIAL to the operation of this company?
----------------
[/blockquote]

I can guarantee you a lot more than you could ever dream (or hallucinate) of.