Hell hath frozen?

Agreed, but why then is a $2 coke fee or a $15 bag fee at US or DL or UA considered a "hidden fee" when they are stated on the web site, as well as in press releases galore?

Perhaps people have always expected that a coke and peanuts are included in the price of a ticket, along with being able to bring a bag or two to accommodate a change of undies for on a short vacation. An airline charging someone to carry spare underwear is like a Jiffylube charging a person a $6 disposal fee for the oil they replaced, even though they advertise a $24.99 complete oil change, with fine print.

But on the other hand, folks don't normally expect that Fido is included in the boarding allowance. i.e. if you want an air filter or windshield wipers while getting an oil change, you expect to pay extra.

Perhaps people have always expected that a coke and peanuts are included in the price of a ticket, along with being able to bring a bag or two to accommodate a change of undies for on a short vacation. An airline charging someone to carry spare underwear is like a Jiffylube charging a person a $6 disposal fee for the oil they replaced, even though they advertise a $24.99 complete oil change, with fine print.

But on the other hand, folks don't normally expect that Fido is included in the boarding allowance. i.e. if you want an air filter or windshield wipers while getting an oil change, you expect to pay extra.
I suppose that's true, but with airlines not being able to charge enough to cover the cost of transport, I guess that perception of what is "included" is changing. Jiffylube is making money, airlines are not (we only need to look to our BK era labor contracts to see that).

We could argue whether the fees are good or bad, but that has been hashed over too many times. It's time to change the perception of what is included with your coach ticket.

Because US Airways won't run commercials about Southwest's "hidden fees".
Effective today, Southwest's "No hidden fees" campaign is scrapped. (Probably because they realized the fees at other airlines are not really "hidden"...)

New campaign: "It's on!" No word from WN if they are referring to passengers or fees, tho... :lol:

Effective today, Southwest's "No hidden fees" campaign is scrapped. (Probably because they realized the fees at other airlines are not really "hidden"...)

Or they realized the message had gotten through and no further money needed to be spent on it.

Does the SW fee allow you to bring Fido and your usual carry on baggage allotment? If so that is value added, but if Fido is counted as a carry on what difference does it make if it is a dog or duffel?