Here comes the judge!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/20/2003 9:07:11 AM chipmunn wrote:

USAirBoyA330:

I'm not free to discuss it, but you're wrong.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]

Are barf bags standard equipment on this board?

oldpropguy:

The judge is compelled to follow the letter of the law. Just what he can allow Dave to do with our pension is what is being contested. He cannot favor either the pilots or the company. He can only do what the law allows. If the law allows him to give Dave the go ahead for the termination, then ALPA will require that Dave make good on his committment to the BENEFITS he and we agreed to in December. If he does not live up to that committment the fate of this company will be sealed.

If the judge does not allow the termination then Dave and ALPA must find another way to get to the promised land.

We are not being greedy here. Dave is. We have already agreed to what he offered and now he is grabbing for what he wants. NOT what he needs.

Again, the judge is compelled to follow the law. What happens after that occurs will define whether or not this company survives. I happen to think Dave will come to his senses. He has come too far to allow this issue to ground this airline for good.

mr

There is just one problem with the strike scenario. In its objection to the motion to terminate, ALPA stipulated that the terminatin of the pilot pension is a MINOR DISPUTE and should be arbitrated. For those of you who don't understand the significance of this statement, under the Railway Labor Act (RLA) a union may only resort to self-help (stike) in a MAJOR DISPUTE or at the end of cooling off. ALPA cannot maintain both the right to strike and the stipulation of a minor dispute.

Of course, if the pilots want to strike anyway regardless of the dictates of the RLA, there really won't be any practical way to stop them.

That being said, I have read all of the court filings, and US Airways has an extremely weak case for terminating the pilot pension plan. That doesn't mean the judge won't make a "bad" ruling, but any ruling to terminate will certainly be appealed.

Andy S.

If that's the case then we might as well close the doors now. U will not survive a pilots strike. Alert the unemployment offices....30,000 people are about to be in line.

Chip never names his sources, and is often wrong. He knows he is fighting a losing battle here. Notice the latest is that no matter what happens in court it is not the end of it. He is covering his tracks. This pension issue will be history soon, the company will emerge from Chapter 11, and we'll go on our merry way.

Hoping for a summer recall.

Chip, glad to hear that the pilot employment situation has improved so much since I woke up this morning. Which pilot job did you say that you will be applying for after you lose this one?

Ill repeat what i said a couple of weeks ago. Alpa has to talk the talk ie protect serve strike if need be. The rank and file will not risk their lives for this issue..... Im assuming chip is referring to the pension plans 60day ex on mar 31 actually being a date after U emerges from Bk and ill bet u Mr D is aware. Ill repeat what Chip has said so wonderfully so many times. This has to be done there is no other way . In order for U to qualify for thr gov backed loans as well as Rsa funding, this issue has to be resolved and i assure will be prior to U emerging from Bk. Alpa is in trouble with its members and is covering butt now..... Our good pilots know what the alternatives are and in the end like we all have numerous times now,will make the right choice if they are evn givin a choice...

Lou:

There are jobs available for US pilots with international carriers, within the U.S. military, and the federal government. These international jobs pay more than the current US Airways ALPA contract and in my case I would begin flying for an international carrier as a Captain, if I elect to take a position outside the U.S.

I agree that there are only a few U.S. airline jobs for pilots available at places like Southwest and JetBlue for those inclined to start over, but there are options out there and I am not afraid of the shut down of US Airways.

What's interesting is I believe Siegel understands the majority of the pilot group understands this point as well.

Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/20/2003 10:38:21 AM chipmunn wrote:

.........because as one Wall Street expert told me.......

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]

Will you kindly name your expert? I may know this person first hand and would gladly check with the source and ask them to grant permission to print his or her name to add credibility to your statement.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/20/2003 1:41:41 PM chipmunn wrote:

Slam&Click:

You have a choice when you read my posts and that is to decide how you want to interpret what I write, but I can assure you, everything I write is accurate to the best of my ability.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]

I choose to read between the ego, er, lines, thanks.

This doesnt surprise me but doesnt change the way things are chip. There were the same types of "outrage" from cwa and u see what has happened. I suggest if some guys dont like what this airline has to offer, then maybe they should look at other job opportunities.... Each of us have to decide whats best and if some arent happy then do whats best forthemselves and their fellow employees. Dave isnt gonna allow anything to stop this company from surviving.... Im not saying it doesnt hurt because indeed it does, I for a fact know many pilots as we speak have lost homes boats cars etc due to the pay decrease, but again we area llin the same boat here.

Slam&Click:

Slam&click said: "Will you kindly name your expert?"

Chip answers: No, I do not reveal sources or conversations held in confidence.

Chip

Latest posts