HIDDEN FEES

Agents shouldn't be put in a position to figure out whether a given person's theatrics are "real" and thus warrant special treatment against company policy. I have a lot of respect for agents who simply follow the policies while also treating passengers with respect.
I hope you are never in a bad place under unpleasant unsatisfactory and adverse financial condition

Although you do not have to deal with these situations flying because you are a million miler on several airlines and have a $450.00 AX Platinum Card And insist the airlines go by company policy by the letter no exceptions

No. Fees don't apply to certain types of travelers (based on fare class, status, etc.). This is not a fee being waived -- the fee never applied in the first place since we've essentially paid for the checked bag via other means (by buying a first class ticket, by spending/flying a certain amount, etc.).
Believe it the airlines consider it a waver they just absorb it
You better watch that silver status being water down with the likes of the US credit card cardholders with the concern over revenue leakage US could tap that right?

If this person had purchased a ticket with Southwest she would have not had any bag fees. Her trip would have been completed day one.

If this person had purchased a ticket with Southwest she would have not had any bag fees. Her trip would have been completed day one.
Their lies some of the confusion but the customers/consumer are figuring it out

It is all about your airline popping up first on the Internet
The fees are an aftermarket one internet web page away
You search WN website get the fare price then go to a popular internet web site and get a fare price and then go with the least expensive and BAM you’re a aftermarket payee

If she had not been able to travel at the time she was scheduled because she had to take care of the bag, they should have implemented the "flat tire" rule to get her on the next flight.
next flight only right

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/terri-weissinger-trapped-in-airport-for-week_n_1072608.html?ref=san-francisco&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C109707

Airline fees have spiraled in recent years as sites like Orbitz and Travelocity have allowed customers to instantly compare ticket prices between competing airlines. The easy access to this information has pushed airlines to offer cheaper ticket prices up front, ensuring their results appear closer to the top of any given search. As a result, they are relying more heavily on additional fees popping up later in the ticketing process to make up a larger portion of their revenue.

Weissinger was broke and leaving California to start a new life in Idaho. She had nothing but an airline ticket and $30 in her pocket.

However, the last time she flew, five years ago, checking a bag was still free. Most travelers are aware of the fees, but so she was shocked when she got up to the ticket counter. U.S. Airways said she had to pay an extra $60.

"$25 for one bag, $35 or another bag," said Weissinger.

She explained she didn't have enough money and asked couldn't she pay when she got there? The airline said no.

I think the amazing fact here is she is flying. Remember way back in the old days...broke people took the bus!

If from SFO to BOI midweek internet fare:

SWA $124 one way non refundable (bags fly free)
Edited by Me:
Fares do not include:
* Federal segment fee of $3.70 that will be imposed on each flight segment. Flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing.
* Government-imposed September 11th Security Fee of up to $5 one-way, $10 roundtrip.
* Airport assessed Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs) of up to $18.

Add $26.70 for a total of: $150.70

Orbitz US Airways $215 (+Fees)

Greyhound $160, 2 bags $170 (unless heavy/over sized)

Airlines, meet Greyhound. SWA is 'cheaper' than taking the bus.
B) xUT

Reactions: 3 people
Honestly the whole bag fee idea is just stupid. I mean who travels without a bag?! It goes along the same lines as charging for toilet use. The only way the bag fee will dissapear is if people stop purchasing airline tickets all together with carriers that implement it. People think "well I'll show them and gate check a bag" trouble is the airline still got your money. If you pay at the ticket counter to check it then that is just extra gravy $$ for the airline.

Honestly the whole bag fee idea is just stupid. I mean who travels without a bag?! It goes along the same lines as charging for toilet use.
Well, many countries in europe it costs you about 50 cents to take a whizz in a MacDonalds or Burgerking type resturant. Probably not too far off for the States. Getting close to that in NewYork.....about wet myself before I could find a Public toilet last long overnight!!

Well, many countries in europe it costs you about 50 cents to take a whizz in a MacDonalds or Burgerking type resturant. Probably not too far off for the States. Getting close to that in NewYork.....about wet myself before I could find a Public toilet last long overnight!!

Exactly..The united states has been very slowly transforming into their model of life. Its really sad that America used to be land of the free into land of the fee.

Reactions: 1 person
Weissinger was broke and leaving California to start a new life in Idaho. She had nothing but an airline ticket and $30 in her pocket.

However, the last time she flew, five years ago, checking a bag was still free. Most travelers are aware of the fees, but so she was shocked when she got up to the ticket counter. U.S. Airways said she had to pay an extra $60.

"$25 for one bag, $35 or another bag," said Weissinger.

She explained she didn't have enough money and asked couldn't she pay when she got there? The airline said no.

I think the amazing fact here is she is flying. Remember way back in the old days...broke people took the bus!
I used my thumb. :groovy:

Could another option be take the bags, hold them in BOI until she pays for them? Also, no one to call? She only knows homeless people or what? No one to call and ask "Hey, I need 30 bucks for my bag, can you lend me it?". Then have the CSA take the CC # over the phone and be done? :blink: