"hit The Reset Button, And Reboot..."

Rico

Veteran
Jun 8, 2004
"It's a whole lot cheaper for me to have the assets and start over than to have the liabilities," Bronner said.

You know,

Kinda struck me as strange that they had not sold off MidAtlantic to raise funds, afterall, it is a viable asset that many investors would want to obtain... :huh:

Then it struck me, ahhh I get it. :rolleyes:

This (Airways) is all kinda like my computer... B)

If your computer is all locked up, unable to get your programs to work, then you grumble aloud, reach down, and hit your "reset button"...

Now, no one likes to do that, as you probably lose what you were working on (old US Airways), and have to wait for the computer to reboot (Bankruptcy) and reload all of the needed programs (workgroups w/ new work agreements).

Soon enough, your "computer" is back up and running better than before, with nothing slowing it down, or causing a undue drain on system resources.

No "liabilities" you could say... :unsure:

Bronner told the newspaper that he and other investors potentially would be better off if US Airways liquidated, because they could buy its planes, gates and routes at cheap prices, and not have to take on labor contracts.

Hmmm, I probably will get shuffeled off into a temporary file if this were to occur, but at least I would not have to worry about being deleted. Cannot say the same for all the other programs in this big computer we call an airline...

Rico,

"Kinda struck me as strange that they had not sold off MidAtlantic to raise funds, afterall, it is a viable asset that many investors would want to obtain"

In this case, I'm not sure that it's that involved.

LOA 91 was ratified in May (don't remember the exact date), but was on hold pending National's ok and agreements on "Attachment C" provisions.

May 21 U reaches agreement with ATSB, the applicable part of which was that the company no longer had the right to keep 25% of any proceeds from asset sales.

So by the time they could have sold MDA they could no longer keep any of the proceeds.

Jim

:unsure: ITs over Bonner tells the nation u has 30 days ,who in their right mind it going to buy a ticket now. Doesnt this guy want to sell seats on his airline.
Something smells here and i guess its only a matter of time before the horse is let out of the barn.

Bronner stopped short of calling his investment in US Airways a mistake, and said he would even consider investing in another airline with a business model that another airline "couldn't blow you out of the water on."

Quoted from this article

A new Business model eh, like E-170/190's, and Airbus 319/20/21 amd A330's alone...With Point to Point flying from strongholds in BOS, LGA, DCA, PHL, and CLT. With Headquarters and heavy MNX in low cost Alabama (Bama Air...?). Part of the Star Alliance, Code Share with UAL. Low cost working agreements in place (ALPA, AFA), growth-oriented and aggressive...

You mean a Business model like that Mr. Bronner...?

Smell the coffee folks, smart money managers are always looking for a new and better investment.

28yrsnojob said:
:unsure: ITs over Bonner tells the nation u has 30 days ,who in their right mind it going to buy a ticket now. Doesnt this guy want to sell seats on his airline.
Something smells here and i guess its only a matter of time before the horse is let out of the barn.
[post="170580"][/post]​

This horse is already out of the barn!!

A statement like this will cause serious loss of bookings. In the interest of protecting his investment, I doubt that Bonner would say that unless he was down to his last and final option.

Ummm, i think many of you are MISSING the point I am trying to make.

Thinkng that he (Bronner) is down to his last and final option, thinking that he will be pushed to somehow "cave in" and supply additonal Funding to Airways, thinking that if Airways goes down and nails you in the process, it will at least take him down too... Well think again.

What I am trying to point out, is that they will, as they have said many a time before "move forward, with or without the employees"

What makes you think they cannot start over without any of us, what makes anyone on here think that is such a far fetched idea...?

Do not kid yourself into thinking public outcry, or a sympathetic government/politicians can prevent such from happening.

If the Goverment (ATSB) thinks they can get their $$$ better from a totally revamped version of Airways, they will support it.

If the public thinks that they can get cheaper fares as a result of Airways starting over again, they will support it.

Afterall, let's not kid outselves, people today just want low fares. Investors only care about airlines that can deliver them. You all are thinking small-time when you consider a few hunder million dollar loss as catrostophic... That after such a loss that no one would dare drop a dime into what remains...

really...?

Or, if Mr. Bronner is able to "start over", from scratch, without any of the "baggage" from the old carrier, with the same business plan but with an even leaner/meaner version of an airline...

He would make the RSA a fortune...
(and bring all the gains home to Bama as he wanted)

Yes, Bankruptcy would be a huge hassle, it would turn the aviation world upside down. But, such a move would be worth it to him IF HE CANNOT GET THE CONCESSIONS NOW.

Just reality folks.

I am already working at what Airways will "become" (one way or another), so I am just calling it like it is. I would see a probable furlough with "Airways 2.0", at (least for sometime). But I guess IMO that is better than being left out, and left behind on a permanent basis.

Peace B)

its all over but the crying now...

:down:

19air.bronner.jpg