Homeland Security

Does this change the fact that the French flew the majority of missions? If we had decided not to participate do you think the French would have followed our lead considering they were the driving force behind this? And why don't yhou list those bases and what's at those bases.

What some 12 sorties?

U.S.-led coalition forces have launched more than 100 Tomahawk missiles on key air defense sites across Libya as part of operations to protect the population from the forces of long-time leader Moammar Gadhafi.

Earlier Saturday, French fighter planes which had departed from France flew over Libya bombing at least one tank that a senior French military official identified as belonging to forces loyal to Mr. Gadhafi. :lol:

LOL

Does this change the fact that the French flew the majority of missions? If we had decided not to participate do you think the French would have followed our lead considering they were the driving force behind this? And why don't yhou list those bases and what's at those bases.

If we flew ONE mission then we flew one to many. The forward observers directing the raids were out Spec. Ops troops. Troops on foreign soil for the express purpose of interfering with the internal affairs of a sovereign nation without a declaration of war from congress. If you want the list look it up yourself, I'm perfectly comfortable with the two numbers I've seen of 700 and 900. My assumption is those numbers include or Embassies around the world.

If you look at the number of drone attacks and enemy combatants killed under Obama, 227 and 1,100 respectively you'll note that this number is almost 5 times what it was under Bush over a comparable time frame.

Thank God he won the Nobel Peace Prize, otherwise he's be a war monger just like Bush (note dripping sarcasm)

French were 'concerned' about the civilian population (operating their oil refineries).....and how could the French 'follow our lead' if they were
"the driving force behind this""? Duh....

What some 12 sorties?

LOL

http://euobserver.com/9/31940

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/news_71867.htm

I'm still waiting for you to prove that if we had decided not to particiapte in the air strikes the French would have followed our lead and stayed home. Kind of hard to say that given the evidence.

If we flew ONE mission then we flew one to many. The forward observers directing the raids were out Spec. Ops troops.

Which troops are you talking about Delta Force, Navy SEALS, USMC Force Reconm US Army Geen Berets? No one has confirmed that any of them were on the ground in Libya. There have been reports of the CIA being on the ground but nothing more. Maybe you are thinking of the British 22 SAS calling in strikes. If you did have US special operations in sufficent numbers on the ground the conflict would have been much shorter.

Troops on foreign soil for the express purpose of interfering with the internal affairs of a sovereign nation without a declaration of war from congress.

You mean like Reagan in Grenada? Or GHWB in Panama? Or were those actions okay since they were Republicans?

So it's okay but not okay?

The law was followed so in fact that makes it OK sort of.

It all depends if you believe the War Powers Act to be Constitutional. I don't believe it to be so. Having said that you really have to lay a fair amount of blame at the feet of Congress as they have the authority to defund Libya or any other imperial/interventionist action that it so chooses. Since they choose to sit with their thumb up their ass is a whole different topic.