Homophobic SWA FA

Not at all . . . just saying that gays, by nature, are tasteful.

I'll bet that gay pax wouldn't have escalated the complaint if he hadn't been seated next to an uncomfortable kid for the five-hour leg.

(btw, why didn't his partner switch with him?)

WN is taking another unfair hit for something that happens on every airline every day. Not saying this event didn't happen on that WN flight. Just that similar stuff happens every day.

Leading a conversation with the description "gay" is akin to leading with the term "black" ---- somebody is insecure here because sexual orientation or skin tone should not be the issue.

I do not describe myself in conversation as "heterosexual white mr.whatkindoffreshhell" and it shouldn't matter.

I'll bet that gay pax wouldn't have escalated the complaint if he hadn't been seated next to an uncomfortable kid for the five-hour leg.

WN is taking another unfair hit for something that happens on every airline every day. Not saying this event didn't happen on that WN flight. Just that similar stuff happens every day.

Leading a conversation with the description "gay" is akin to leading with the term "black" ---- somebody is insecure here because sexual orientation or skin tone should not be the issue.

It would have never gotten that far on any other airline. Presumably, there would have been seat assignments. No opportunity for miss icecrotch to get all uppity and powerdrunk.

He needed to be near the restroom.

I do not describe myself in conversation as "heterosexual white mr.whatkindoffreshhell" and it shouldn't matter.

I would agree that "similar stuff happens every day" if the flight attendant had not filed a police report. That is taking it to the next level. Using the police to abuse someone should be grounds for termination as well as a civil action (or criminal, not sure which it is) for filing a false police report.

The police also need some re-training (or even better, termination). Running a background check on someone without their permission and being denied access to the restroom just because some flight attendant says she didn't "feel safe" is un-American.

I think what really bothers you is that he is right. The gays don't typically fly Southwest because they are too concerned about image, etc. They fly real airlines like American or United. They would also fly JetBlue or Virgin America, but NOT airlines like Southwest or, *gasp*, Skybus.

I can tell you his is one gay man that flys it quite often, and yes they have great partner benefits, have many gay employees, has a gay WN trevel site, are sponsors in Pride parades etc. Its seem someone should tell you pot black

It would have never gotten that far on any other airline. Presumably, there would have been seat assignments. No opportunity for miss icecrotch to get all uppity and powerdrunk.
Really? Twice (Delta and TWA flights) I had made reservations online, picked my seats and had me, my wife, and our 2 year old in the same row. We got to the airport and were issued boarding passes...me in one row, the wife in another row, and the 2 year old in a different row. Presumably, the seats in one row were assigned to me...but SOMEBODY had to give up seats so that a family could sit together. Unless you didn't mind sitting next to an unaccompanied two year old. One had to hope that there wasn't a "miss icecrotch" working the flight.

Really? Twice (Delta and TWA flights) I had made reservations online, picked my seats and had me, my wife, and our 2 year old in the same row. We got to the airport and were issued boarding passes...me in one row, the wife in another row, and the 2 year old in a different row. Presumably, the seats in one row were assigned to me...but SOMEBODY had to give up seats so that a family could sit together. Unless you didn't mind sitting next to an unaccompanied two year old. One had to hope that there wasn't a "miss icecrotch" working the flight.

Yeah, it happens. As an F/A though, I can't force anyone to change a seat (barring exit row circumstances). I can just ask politely ask and hope they'll consider the situation. I would hope that Southwest F/A's aren't able to dictatorially decree who must move and who doesn't have to. I would assume all they can do is politely request. Never having been a F/A for WN, I don't know what their boarding duties are like, but I am assuming, due to the very nature of the Southwest boarding process, they are not just flight attendants but also small-claims court judges working around each different family's seat whining like a linear rubik's cube. Personally, you could not pay me enough. Frankly, I'm surprised this doesn't eat into their ETD.

I think she called the cops as a preemptive strike. She knew they (paxs) would file a complaint. She thought nothing of abusing the threat of the power of police involvement. (actions of a person whom would use a slur like that in 2007).

Regrettably, they will need to commence litigation then discovery to request the names of the family seated next to them. Then proceed with (actions such as termination for the employee will be up to SW) punitive action against the company (for it's actions based on false allegations from it's representative).

The police had better have an written complaint/document in hand filed by her or they may very well be facing litigation as well.

Slurs like that used with actions intended to harm are illegal. I can not believe SW would condone that kind of conduct from an employee. Factual statements from those seated near the two paxs should clear this up in a jiff...if true (a quick out of court settlement and termination of employee should suffice).

This whole story sounds made up. You know how over-sensitive these types of people are. Much ado about nothing.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Including the police report? How do you make up something like that? :rolleyes:

You're a bigot and should be ashamed of yourself.