No Entry Allowed!

Seguro said:
We need a union that will look out for the members interests. A union that will challenge the company and get all the facts, both good and bad.

Might I add Bob the 45% NWA employees without even unemployment benefits now? Past the grievance filed Bob, what has AMFA done for these folks? And Bob, when Delle stated a couple of months, what did he really mean Bob? Please show me Bob some positives of AMFA that have verifiable merit.
AMFA is doing more for its laid off members than the TWU is. AMFA is fighting to get their guys back, back to a job that they want to come back to.

The TWU on the other hand made sure that all those who were laid off will never come back by agreeing to have us all give up a weeks vacation. Reports from MIA say that the company said that even as guys retire that they will not be replaced. In effect we have a running layoff that continues every time someone retires.

How many guys quit over NWA?

We had at least 5 with over 10 years quit at JFK.

Is there a card drive to oust AMFA at any AMFA represented carrier?

The TWU has been eliminating A&P jobs for over 20 years.

What is the latest date for the TWU's Force majuere grievance? The one that Jim Little said at the Convention in 2001 would bankrupt the company?

AMFA raised the bar for airline mechanics from $25/hr to $35/hr.

What is wrong with the drive by aircraft mechanics to all get into one union?

Are you saying that the twenty year decline is acceptable?

What makes you think that if we stay with the TWU that they will, after twenty years, all of a sudden change their ways?

Didnt Sonny, just a few months ago say that he has no intention on changing the TWU?

He is satisfied with the performance of the union, why shouldnt he be? He gets over $200,000 a year plus perks such as a $105,000/yr secretary and a view down Broadway. As our wages have gone down his membership has gone up.

Are you willing to work for even less just so Sonny can have more members and then use that as justification for his own excesses?

Hey Bob, this post started as "No Entry Allowed". Just what does a guy from NY have to contribute to the event? You DID NOT SHOW, so Bob, with all respect I can muster, Shove It!

mojo13 said:
It is unfortunate that we have people furloughed from ex TWA. That was due to the purchase of TWA assets by American Airlines.

I am not going to blame amfa for that but I will say that amfa's track record for losing jobs far outweigh what has become of us due to circumstances out of our control.
So you criticize NWA but if the former TWAers on the street had NWA's merger displacement language which protects both air carriers workers, most of those guys would be looking at 1 year of pay and 4 years at 60% pay. After all even our new CEO admitts the layoffs are as a result of the merger, especially the TWAers.

Page 15 starts it and there are other references throughout.

http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/10_Publicati...WA_Contract.pdf

Hey Seguro, were you at the info meeting in question on Saturday? Did you get your picture taken with the coffin?? Proud, proud, proud.............I'm sure.
AMFA has numerous arbitration cases in progress as we speak. What does the twu have going on?? Shining up the coffin for AMFA national when they come back to Tulsa after the filing?? If the twu had any clout to debate with they would have shown when the AMFA national was in town. Cowards all of you!!
You still don't get it. It doesn't matter what you say or do, the membership has lost it's trust and faith in the twu. It's time for change. If we don't like AMFA we'll get someone else. Maybe the garment workers, anyone but the twu.
Here's to the twu.......
Leading the industry in 1/2 price sales........
Cheers.....
Local 12 associate member

Seguro said:
Hey Bob, this post started as "No Entry Allowed". Just what does a guy from NY have to contribute to the event? You DID NOT SHOW, so Bob, with all respect I can muster, Shove It!
Shove what?

How do we know if YOU showed?

Besides, this is not a TWU controlled forum. Ideas and opinions are freely expressed here. Dont like it? Then maybe you might feel more comfortable just staying over there and not venturing beyond Pine Street.

Its funny how these guy react when they cant dispute what has been laid out before them other than to say "shove it".

Latest posts

Back