How Do You Feel?

"The enemy is not another legacy carrier but the Jetblues, Southwest's and AirTrans of the industry."

Hmm, no we're not the enemy. Efficiency is not the enemy, it's the goal for all. It's the key to everyone making money.

"Actually, I think SWA is starting to get a little worried....the combined US/HP LCC is gonna sit right on their face in PHX where they basically have dominated SkyHarbor Airport for years! Now, comes in an even larger LCC with FAR reaching routes to Hawaii, the Carribbean, Europe, and Latin America, Alaska, and Canada....Hmmm, can SWA compete "

Well, we'll probably make money for starters.

"Rapid expansion, mass hirings, and industry leading contracts.....every dog has its day!"

Not rapid, just plugging along as we've always done. Mass hirings? Actually our employee count has gone down. Industry leading contracts, well that's not hard to do if everyone else is taking a pay cut.

Look I want this to work out for y'all. I've got friends at both carriers, and I don't want to see anyone suffer anymore. There's money out there for all of us to make. The key to that is not looking outside and blaming WN, but focusing on being efficient and getting your costs in line. Not trying to argue, guys, sincerely we all wish you the best of luck.

PlanetKyle

America West has a history of doing things that will give it prestige but not necessarily make it any money, like flying empty 747s to Japan.

Neither U's nor AWA's management has all that much airline experience. This could end up being a mess.

AWA/UAIR could also work out quite nicely too :)

...oh, and the sky could fall tomorrow too :)

Cfm56 said:
America West has a history of doing things that will give it prestige but not necessarily make it any money, like flying empty 747s to Japan.

Neither U's nor AWA's management has all that much airline experience. This could end up being a mess.
[post="271455"][/post]​

Hello,

I look forward to working for a good company, with great people on both sides.
It's a very positive sign that there were many financial backers out there who thought highly enough about the deal to put there money where there mouth is......
that says a lot about the possible synergies of the combined new airline.

I welcome and look forward to flying with USAirways!!!

Cfm56 said:
[post="271455"][/post]​
Well, AWA's CEO had a whopping 10 days on the job when 9/11 happened and AWA was the first major airline back in the skies.

Maybe they're quick learners! Most definately not on drugs as reported by Ms. Barrett.

Latest posts

Back