How long are you really a Reserve in the East?

Isn't the major obvious thing that Usair is never supposed to again with the current business plan? There won't be any growth and attrition is slow. That is why anyone who is reserve now will pretty much always be. Two things need to be done. Number one is a like said a buyout. People don't want to be there don't want to commute throw some money at them and bring back lower scale furloughs and new hires. Number two is ALPA and AFA should change the scope clause in the next CBAs. go back to only 50 seats for jets and 70 for props at Express. Mainline flies the E-90 they should be flying the E-70 and E-75 too. If the company refuses to grow then the unions need to take back existing flying with those planes and all those Mesa jets too. Maybe it's not as exciting as widebodys but it's blocks of time on mainline size planes that someone else is flying while you guys sit in the same position for the next decade. With half of your seniority list furloughed. The unions need to be creative in ways to get the list moving on both ends. Is that something anyone has considered or are the unions really too dumb?

Entirely too DUMB and they just don't care!!!!

Look who you have negotiating for you... Carol Austin (needs to retire) doesn't have a clue of what reserves go through.

Bet she will fight to keep that f&*king bid sheet for her and her dinosaur friends.

Reserve issues will be the last thing that they negotiate.....I guarantee it!!!!!

Reserve issues will be the last thing that they negotiate.....I guarantee it!!!!!
Oh you can bet your last dollar. The reserve issue is so HOT that they won't touch it until last. The scary part of it is is that I predict that whatever reserve language in that contract will be ratified. That I guarantee.

Entirely too DUMB and they just don't care!!!!
Look who you have negotiating for you... Carol Austin (needs to retire) doesn't have a clue of what reserves go through.

sky high states: She gave those Eastern bitches they're EASTERN Airlines Seniority. Number one, didnt they QUIT Eastern to go work for the shuttle? Number two, they werent even an AFA carrier. But, they got our benefits.

You have to question her authority.

Twicebaked, why give up the bidsheet? Isnt that the easiest way to change, augment your schedule?

only stating opinions

Twicebaked, why give up the bidsheet? Isnt that the easiest way to change, augment your schedule?

only stating opinions

<_< :rolleyes: You mean YOUR schedule? The bid sheet is doing nothing for us! You have, what, 8 opportunities to change your schedule? We get ours a week before the month starts, and aside from NFL days, what you get is what you get.

I may be unpopular in this opinion, but I actually agree with Corpse Austin on the Shuttle issue. Donald Trump honored thier Eastern seniority, so that's the seniority they brought from Shuttle Inc. to mainline. I'm a strict believer in DOH, whether it's to my benefit or not- I expect DOH for myself so respect everyone else's, regardless of where they came from.

Just wait and see what kind of "positive" changes are made to this reserve system. Not gonna be remotely shocked here. :rolleyes:

Changes to US Airways reserve system:

* .50 bonus if working flights departing after 3am.

* Slices of bread provided to OPRs during meal hours.

* Huff of oxygen provided before boarding if called out in middle of night.

* 15 minute break every 24 hours for 'bathroom time'.

* Reimbursement for pepper spray, to mace police officers if pulled over for speeding during quick call.

* Quick call call-out time increased from 90 minutes to 96 minutes (eff. 2011)

* One more year of B-scale added for former MDA F/As only, for no reason at all.

* "Welcome NEW HIRES!" guidebook provided to brand new, only a decade on the job rsv F/As

* "I Make US Fly When Others Just Don't Feel Like It!" pin, lanyard, video, and stuffed toy

* Crew Scheduler on domicile premises to literally "TAG" F/As, may also "DUCK DUCK GOOSE" if irreg ops are determined

* Reimbursement for roller shoes and/or hang gliding lessons

* Additional sleep deprivation training at military facilities

* Two additional bags of pretzels boarded on each aircraft as crew meals for reserves only

* New business casual "reserve" uniform by Stan herman, a symphony of black stripes on white, with 'ball and chain' style purse. Cost of $800 will be decucted over one year period

* Any work on off days will be paid at half pay

* Deadheads will be taxed as pleasure travel and imputed income

sky high states: She gave those Eastern bitches they're EASTERN Airlines Seniority. Number one, didnt they QUIT Eastern to go work for the shuttle? Number two, they werent even an AFA carrier. But, they got our benefits.

only stating opinions

That is WHY you are on reserve 18 plus years....

NOBODY else has such a stupid system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why too imbalanced.

The b/h's llives are great at the expense of the reserves!!!

GET RID OF THAT F**KING BID SHEET ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Changes to US Airways reserve system:

* .50 bonus if working flights departing after 3am.

* Slices of bread provided to OPRs during meal hours.

* Huff of oxygen provided before boarding if called out in middle of night.

* 15 minute break every 24 hours for 'bathroom time'.

* Reimbursement for pepper spray, to mace police officers if pulled over for speeding during quick call.

* Quick call call-out time increased from 90 minutes to 96 minutes (eff. 2011)

* One more year of B-scale added for former MDA F/As only, for no reason at all.

* "Welcome NEW HIRES!" guidebook provided to brand new, only a decade on the job rsv F/As

* "I Make US Fly When Others Just Don't Feel Like It!" pin, lanyard, video, and stuffed toy

* Crew Scheduler on domicile premises to literally "TAG" F/As, may also "DUCK DUCK GOOSE" if irreg ops are determined

* Reimbursement for roller shoes and/or hang gliding lessons

* Additional sleep deprivation training at military facilities

* Two additional bags of pretzels boarded on each aircraft as crew meals for reserves only

* New business casual "reserve" uniform by Stan herman, a symphony of black stripes on white, with 'ball and chain' style purse. Cost of $800 will be decucted over one year period

* Any work on off days will be paid at half pay

* Deadheads will be taxed as pleasure travel and imputed income

ROFLMAO!!!!

You forgot 50% reimbursement for the electric dog collars (and fence) and close circuit televisions we have to have so scheduling can keep us "in base"!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!

You forgot 50% reimbursement for the electric dog collars (and fence) and close circuit televisions we have to have so scheduling can keep us "in base"!!!!

Complimentary pots of coffee and toothpicks for the eyes (ala Fred Flintstone) available in all crew rooms.

only stating opinions

You must not have been in the loop back then, or been in a base were we had shuttle f/a's. That was a hot topic around the crewroom back then. US HAD to acknowledge their senoirity, or we could not have bought the shuttle, which was making great money , at that time. Yes, they resigned from Eastern, to go with Trump. If they would have wanted to go back to Eastern, they would have gone to the bottom of the senoirity list. A condition with Trump was, if anyone who bought the Trump shuttle, the f/a's would get their Eastern senoirity date. There was only about 260 f/a's and if I am right, they were AFA. Shelby Grayville(Dec 1959 hire date), our #1 at the time, dropped to #3. She had to bid twice. She wasn't happy about it

You must not have been in the loop back then, or been in a base were we had shuttle f/a's. That was a hot topic around the crewroom back then. US HAD to acknowledge their senoirity, or we could not have bought the shuttle, which was making great money , at that time. Yes, they resigned from Eastern, to go with Trump. If they would have wanted to go back to Eastern, they would have gone to the bottom of the senoirity list. A condition with Trump was, if anyone who bought the Trump shuttle, the f/a's would get their Eastern senoirity date. There was only about 260 f/a's and if I am right, they were AFA. Shelby Grayville(Dec 1959 hire date), our #1 at the time, dropped to #3. She had to bid twice. She wasn't happy about it

She had to bid twice? Poor OLD lady!!

Try bidding a rsv line 40 something times after 10 years and still getting NOTHING that you bid for.

And, I don't have 8 different ways to get what I want!!

And they wonder why reserves and others abuse their sick time for vacation!!!

I am only release from the prison yard 11 days a month to go home....yea that might happen!!!!!!!!

SICK CALLLLLLLLLL................bring it on!!!!!!!

The integration of the Eastern/TRUMP Shuttle people is probably the breaking point where most people came to the conclusion they HAVE NO USE FOR AFA. There are many former Eastern employees that came to US on their own, started at Day One and EARNED their seniority. The TRUMP people were GIVEN theirs. B-I-G difference. Personally, I don't give a GD what Donald Trump may have stipulated, but AFA didn't need to lay down and sell the majority down river to placate this SELECT group of people. They chose to leave EAL and go with TRUMP.....and their seniority should have reflected a TRUMP date of hire NOT an Eastern D-O-H. Most people see it this way and this is one of the reasons MANY have little regard for the Union. I have no issues with any of the TRUMP people but how this situation was resolved did not help matters.

Actually there was a court case with the IAM and the Shuttle Employees and the Shuttle Employees won in court.

Court Case

Back