Reserve Flight Attendants need to quit your #*^@$ing!

safety stud

Senior
Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
I am so sick and tired of the same old biatching from the reserves. I am soooooo over it. Let me say this first and formost. I know it's a bad system, but it's the one you have, so deal with it, or leave. Simple....
I have heard how bad it is, and yes in Jan, I will also be a reserve... WhooptiDoo... It doesn't matter that I will only be a reserve for a month before I am made to transfer. But it is the card Im dealt. I will deal with it and move on. The reserves on our property seem to think block holders owe them something. Guess what, we don't... We like you paid our price with the many years of service we have already provided for this company. When we were hired, we sat reserve like yourself, unfortunately for you, over the last 10 years or so, there has been little to no growth and only BK's and bad contracts to show for it.
That's not the blockholders fault for that. It' is you, the lonely reserve who would rather sit and biatch about how bad it is, than move on to a more lucrative career change. When we all got hired they all asked us the same questions:
Will you work weekends
Will you work holidays
Will you work long hours
ETC, ETC, !!!
Nothing has changed except this airline has had no growth for you. It is the growth that will bring about the change in your status. So, why should I as a blockholder feel for you, when it is you that needs the career change more than us.
Seniority is everything to the airline industry...
Give that up in any way and you are doomed...
Period.
So like the song says "Get over It"

Just my opinion...

Hi stud! Will you be joining us at the meeting on the 13th? ;) I have the feeling you will be there.

Yes, ONE MONTH before you transfer!!! Do us a favor and 1) don't come to Philly with your suck a$$ attitude towards reserves THINDY!!!!! 2) Bid and stay on reserve from Feb thru May (and commute) and then AND ONLY THEN can you tell us to get over it!!!

Get a clue!!!!

I am sure you posted this STUPID post to get a rise out of us......this is the last thing I will respond to your arrogance and ignorance.....not to mention stupidity!!!!

I think somone is miffed cause they are getting kicked out of Mecca????!!!! I think you need a hug!!!

Why don't you call THINDY for support....her number can be found on the MSN boards..

Hi stud! Will you be joining us at the meeting on the 13th? ;) I have the feeling you will be there.
No, he won't be there....he's based in PIT and wants us to feel sorry for him that he will be a RSV for one month before being booted out. He'll probably fly one trip since there will be 200 people on reserve in PIT in January. That's not near enough to experience or judge what it's really like to be on reserve...but for some reason he thinks he's an expert.

As for you Stud, shame on you for coming on here and making this post creating even more of a rift between blockholders and reserves. You said that you did your time on reserve when you first started, was it TEN YEARS on reserve like it's been for me ??? NO...it may have been more like 10 days or 10 weeks or 10 months. You should keep your mouth shut on issues you know nothing about.

Flamer if you ask me. But that for the moderators to sort out. I know who STUD is. Anything but STUD in my view but I would be interested to see him repeat his statement in front of everyone at a meeting.

I am so sick and tired of the same old biatching from the reserves. I am soooooo over it. Let me say this first and formost. I know it's a bad system, but it's the one you have, so deal with it, or leave. Simple....
I have heard how bad it is, and yes in Jan, I will also be a reserve... WhooptiDoo... It doesn't matter that I will only be a reserve for a month before I am made to transfer. But it is the card Im dealt. I will deal with it and move on. The reserves on our property seem to think block holders owe them something. Guess what, we don't... We like you paid our price with the many years of service we have already provided for this company. When we were hired, we sat reserve like yourself, unfortunately for you, over the last 10 years or so, there has been little to no growth and only BK's and bad contracts to show for it.
That's not the blockholders fault for that. It' is you, the lonely reserve who would rather sit and biatch about how bad it is, than move on to a more lucrative career change. When we all got hired they all asked us the same questions:
Will you work weekends
Will you work holidays
Will you work long hours
ETC, ETC, !!!
Nothing has changed except this airline has had no growth for you. It is the growth that will bring about the change in your status. So, why should I as a blockholder feel for you, when it is you that needs the career change more than us.
Period.

Just my opinion...

At least someone finally said it!

If you don't like flying reserve - then quit and get a new job. Why does everyone on this board who is a reserve seem to think they are owed something? Even I, who doesn't work in the industry, knows that the airline business runs on seniority - that is what you get when you are part of a union. You signed up for it - so live with it - or move on and get over it.

He is probably one of those blockholders that tell you to your face "i feel so bad for you, this is a terrible system".

I doesn't work in the airline industry either, but, bother way, it seems to I that the system in place is plane rediculus. The OP is just being a flame baiter and holds no creditability.

I doesn't work in the airline industry either, but, bother way, it seems to I that the system in place is plane rediculus. The OP is just being a flame baiter and holds no creditability.

What??? lol

Fix that first sentence....I don't understand it....lol

Trust me - if we had the SAME Reserve system we had 10 yrs ago then we wouldn't be complaining - at least we could have a so called life :angry:

In response to the absolute IGNORANCE that started this thread I have a great suggestion. NOBODY respond from this point on regardless of how you want to vent and get your dig in at the jack@$$. I know "STUD" too and believe me there is NO STUD when he comes to mind. My goodness. Let this thread die. It's just to P!$$ everyone off.

Will you work weekends
Will you work holidays
Will you work long hours
ETC, ETC, !!!
Period.

Just my opinion...

Interesting. The union and company are in the process of negoicating a new combined contract. If people shouldn't speak out now about a system that is broken when it could make a difference, exactly when would an acceptable time for them be to speak out?