Reserve Flight Attendants need to quit your #*^@$ing!

When the US/UA deal was announced in 2000 there was a large amount of US people that had been on RSV for nearly a decade before finally holding a block. Understandably they weren’t too happy at the possibility of having to take a dip back into the RSV pool.

Now this same group would be the ones having to give up holding their year-round secondary line. If that threat is real or just perceived it doesn’t matter; they will fight rotating RSV tooth and nail.

As for 20 year reserves, I don’t think that went as high in SAN, but it probably wouldn’t be a stretch to say that US had some there that had close to 15 years.

We can pitch it 15 different ways to the union our ideas on a rotating reserve system. Though I'm not a fortune teller I can pretty much guarantee we'll NEVER see any such thing on the property. Not gonna happen.

I think Delta may have a system where a certain percent of the Flight Attendants sit reserve 3 days each month of their schedule. Don't quote me on this but I remember hearing this and don't know all the exact details about it.

Which airlines have rotating reserve? I know AA does but that's about it. I don't think United, Delta or Northwest has it but I may be wrong.
:huh:

Veteran

Current pay:

Start: $17.96
1 Year: $19.38
2 Years: $21.21
3 Years: $22.95
4 Years: $25.29
5 Years: $27.19
6 Years: $32.02
7 Years: $33.06
8 Years: $33.97
9 Years: $35.22
10 Years:$36.20
11 Years:$37.93
12 Years:$41.07

There is (currently) no reserve system at DL, only 3-6 Adays(reserve) per month...depending on base,seniority,need.
Co has 2 to 5 year reserve with 82 hour guarantee. What airline has 20 + year reserve? UA has call in as does Alaska Air AM OR PM and or partial blocks. Although most of us knew what we were getting into, no one expected to be on reserve forever.

Sorry about the earlier assault. That being said, most of us are too worried about our mortgages, truck payments, and grocery money. Flying 40 hours per month, getting paid 73 hours per month, low per diem for the last 50 months has taken its toll on my volunteering time. Also, next time you are in the office, ask your folks where pref bid is. Remember that. It's what our neg. committee sold every rsv on the property on, along with this new rsv system. Yes, yes, we voted this contract in, but that was to include pref bid, which we were led to believe were tied together.
pref bid ...the the computer program needed has to be agreed on by the company and AFA. Ofcourse the company wants to use a cheep program that will violate seniority. They dont want to spend the cash for the good one.

:up: This thread was a great read! It's good to see that you guys not only attack Gate and ramp agents, you attack eachother hahah!

Like a bunch of children you are! :lol:

SEE YOU IN PHILLY SUCKER! I'M GONNA BEAT YOU WITH A ROLLED UP PEOPLE MAGAZINE!

All talk!

This debate is going no where obviously. You see it how you see it and that is it. Trust me, your ranting and ravings on this board and your blog is only ruining your creditablity. I hope you maintain professionalism, I would love to see you get involved in your local. Sitting around PHL 19 days a month and not flying, go volunteer in the office. Channel that energy to work with union instead of against it.

Thank you for the invite however, I will be on duty in CLT because that is where I am based. If I were based in PHL I would not be a career reserve. I believe my seniority holds primary lines in the summer and pretty decent secondary lines in the winter. Good luck.

Oh, whatever theFLYonthewall! You don't know me so don't start in on my credibility! Yes, if you were in PHL you wouldn't be a career reserve but guess what? You're not in PHL to enjoy your primary lines. Honey you couldn't even hold a decent international line here in PHL with your seniority. And besides, you're in CLT and you'll probably be a reserve for a long, long time. Those senior mamas are never going to retire. Keep dreaming about your block in CLT, but it's not going to happen anytime in the near future. Does that not bother you to be a reserve for so long, especially when a majority of the other airlines don't have such a stupid reserve and blockholder system that caters only to the very, very senior? So you are ok with being a cushion to the senior folks? Good for you if you are but I'm not. And since when have I waged war against the blockholders? Hmm? That's right! Never! I fly with a lot of blockholders and we get along just fine! I have nothing against them, it's the system I don't like! Where have I ever stated that I hated blockholders?

Did you go to the PHL union meeting? No you did not! I got the impression that MF did not care about us reserves the way he should. Getting him to listen to us was like taking candy from a baby. I would be willing to bet that our PHL LECs don't care for him and they want to help us out but their hands are tied! He doesn't seem interested in reserve issues as much as he should. He just wants a few improvements but no real fix. How would you feel if your MEC president was being condescending to your colleagues? How would you feel if you saw him roll his eyes at you and your colleagues? He would barely listen to us but we finally convinced him to bring the rotating reserve issue to the committee. He basically stated that he is going to continue to let the blockholders have all of their priviledges since they have been used to having the perfect system for so long even though it isn't the industry norm. They will not be making them take any concessions. While I don't think they should take concessions, there should be some changes so that we no longer have to pick up their scraps and stand by at 24 hours a day, 6 days a week so that they can do whatever they want. Is that too much to ask? That means, we will continue to have reserves here for the rest of their careers without any hope of being a blockholder unless all the senior people quit or retire which we all know is not going to happen anytime soon.

Sue me for being sick and tired of this BS!

Sue me for publically stating my opinion!

Sue me for being angry at a union that does not support us as reserves.

You want to know why the blockholders are allowed to overfly? Thank the union!

I have corresponded with members of the PHL LEC and they have helped me but as far as the MEC, that's another story.

I hope you are enjoying your career reserve status and I wish you many more years of reserve since that is what you are happy with!

Is it too much to ask for a contract that is up to par with the other flight attendant contracts in the aviation industry? Ours is so onesided and I am so over it.

Why does this bother you so much anyway? I am only stating my thoughts and opinions!

BTW, I can't wait to fly with you when I transfer to CLT! It will be good times! :lol:

Oh, whatever theFLYonthewall! You don't know me so don't start in on my credibility! Yes, if you were in PHL you wouldn't be a career reserve but guess what? You're not in PHL to enjoy your primary lines. Honey you couldn't even hold a decent international line here in PHL with your seniority. And besides, you're in CLT and you'll probably be a reserve for a long, long time. Those senior mamas are never going to retire. Keep dreaming about your block in CLT, but it's not going to happen anytime in the near future. Does that not bother you to be a reserve for so long, especially when a majority of the other airlines don't have such a stupid reserve and blockholder system that caters only to the very, very senior? So you are ok with being a cushion to the senior folks? Good for you if you are but I'm not. And since when have I waged war against the blockholders? Hmm? That's right! Never! I fly with a lot of blockholders and we get along just fine! I have nothing against them, it's the system I don't like! Where have I ever stated that I hated blockholders?

Did you go to the PHL union meeting? No you did not! I got the impression that MF did not care about us reserves the way he should. Getting him to listen to us was like taking candy from a baby. I would be willing to bet that our PHL LECs don't care for him and they want to help us out but their hands are tied! He doesn't seem interested in reserve issues as much as he should. He just wants a few improvements but no real fix. How would you feel if your MEC president was being condescending to your colleagues? How would you feel if you saw him roll his eyes at you and your colleagues? He would barely listen to us but we finally convinced him to bring the rotating reserve issue to the committee. He basically stated that he is going to continue to let the blockholders have all of their priviledges since they have been used to having the perfect system for so long even though it isn't the industry norm. They will not be making them take any concessions. While I don't think they should take concessions, there should be some changes so that we no longer have to pick up their scraps and stand by at 24 hours a day, 6 days a week so that they can do whatever they want. Is that too much to ask? That means, we will continue to have reserves here for the rest of their careers without any hope of being a blockholder unless all the senior people quit or retire which we all know is not going to happen anytime soon.

Sue me for being sick and tired of this BS!

Sue me for publically stating my opinion!

Sue me for being angry at a union that does not support us as reserves.

You want to know why the blockholders are allowed to overfly? Thank the union!

I have corresponded with members of the PHL LEC and they have helped me but as far as the MEC, that's another story.

I hope you are enjoying your career reserve status and I wish you many more years of reserve since that is what you are happy with!

Is it too much to ask for a contract that is up to par with the other flight attendant contracts in the aviation industry? Ours is so onesided and I am so over it.

Why does this bother you so much anyway? I am only stating my thoughts and opinions!

BTW, I can't wait to fly with you when I transfer to CLT! It will be good times! :lol:
I will have a block a lot sooner then you ever will. Your right, I could have a line in any base except the one I live in. Guess what, I'm at home. So I will gladly sit at home and enjoy my life as a reserve. At least I am not held up in the Lagoon or a crash pad for 19 days a month watching my life pass me by, sitting on this board 24/6 with nothing else to do. Like you said I could easily transfer to any base and hold a primary line, I'm sure with your seniority you probably could hold a line in LGA or BOS. Why do you stay in PHL? Do you live there?

I will go back to my eariler comments you have NO creditability. This post you replied to me proves that. Enjoy your career on reserve as well. In case you didn't see it CLT is open for transfers, as well as DCA/LGA/BOS.

I will have a block a lot sooner then you ever will. Your right, I could have a line in any base except the one I live in. Guess what, I'm at home. So I will gladly sit at home and enjoy my life as a reserve. At least I am not held up in the Lagoon or a crash pad for 19 days a month watching my life pass me by, sitting on this board 24/6 with nothing else to do. Like you said I could easily transfer to any base and hold a primary line, I'm sure with your seniority you probably could hold a line in LGA or BOS. Why do you stay in PHL? Do you live there?

I will go back to my eariler comments you have NO creditability. This post you replied to me proves that. Enjoy your career on reserve as well. In case you didn't see it CLT is open for transfers, as well as DCA/LGA/BOS.

Oooohhhh! Me? Live in Philthadelphia? No way! You're going to love this! I live in CLT! That's right! I commute from CLT! I'm so junior I can't even hold CLT. How do you like that? I stayed at the Lagoon my first month in PHL and hated it and now I am at a crashpad. I don't just sit there and watch life pass me by though! Oh no! We walk to the Wawa or McDonalds and drink cheap beer at Flashbacks, coaches or TI. We also sit around and ####, watch America's Next Top Model, and then I sit on here glued to the computer all day. I love it! NOT! Although I do have some "hobbies" that keep me busy on the computer so I secretly love all the free time.

I really don't care whether I have creditability in your eyes or what anyone around here thinks of me. Seriously. I just say what I think if you don't like it then don't listen to it. I don't claim to be an expert in flight attendant reserve systems or union issues or anything else related to the aviation industry. I just know how I feel and I like to #### and complain about it. It makes me feel better. I enjoy this job at times but it isn't my life.

I did see CLT is open! Be sure to look for me on the list for March transfers, OK?

Oooohhhh! Me? Live in Philthadelphia? No way! You're going to love this! I live in CLT! That's right! I commute from CLT! I'm so junior I can't even hold CLT. How do you like that? I stayed at the Lagoon my first month in PHL and hated it and now I am at a crashpad. I don't just sit there and watch life pass me by though! Oh no! We walk to the Wawa or McDonalds and drink cheap beer at Flashbacks, coaches or TI. We also sit around and ####, watch America's Next Top Model, and then I sit on here glued to the computer all day. I love it! NOT! Although I do have some "hobbies" that keep me busy on the computer so I secretly love all the free time.

I really don't care whether I have creditability in your eyes or what anyone around here thinks of me. Seriously. I just say what I think if you don't like it then don't listen to it. I don't claim to be an expert in flight attendant reserve systems or union issues or anything else related to the aviation industry. I just know how I feel and I like to #### and complain about it. It makes me feel better. I enjoy this job at times but it isn't my life.

I did see CLT is open! Be sure to look for me on the list for March transfers, OK?
Welcome to CLT hopefully with 80 positions anyone who didn't get in on the last couple of transfers will get in now. Also, being at home you will find you have somewhat better quality of life on this reserve system. Please don't think because we differ in opinions I have ill feelings toward you, that couldnt be farther from the truth. I have just been around doing the reserve thing a lot longer. Was very active in AFA years ago, so I have a complete and full understanding of how the company operates. I am also very well versed in how things work within AFA. I know the company could give a ratass about this reserve system, they are in the middle of trying to get a single agreement they are using this as a big bargaining chip. Sadly, we are just going to have to wait it out. However, there is no reason not to voice concerns to the AFA powers that be to bring us a reserve system that is liveable. Apparently that is what you an others have done. As I have said, unless there is huge benefits elsewhere in that contract, people are not going to vote themselves back to reserve even for a few months out of the year. Seriously, in PHL with the amount of seasonal flying, the very junior reserves (not that anyone is really that jr anymore) still won't see a line with rotations. The 4 or 5 months that some lose their blocks, they will get a block in those months, then when they get their block they will begin to rotate back into reserve, the more senior people who hold a block all year will not be rotating. Too many variables especially in a base with all that seasonal time to try to implement a rotating reserve, not to mention over 90% of that base commutes. Wouldn't it be sad if an agreement is reached, put out to the membership for a vote, and we turn it down? Then we are right back at sq. 1 and still living under this contract. If I was in MF shoes, I would want to bring a contract to the membership that is liveable for ALL, an one that I know would ratify. I certainly wouldnt want to go back and start over. Then you run the risk of losing things you may have gained.

Someone I was flying with brought up an excellent point the other day. The more we scream and yell and demand changes, the more important the company sees it is. Though they know how we hate it they will NOT change a thing to this system outside of negotiations. With that being said we need to get these negotiations done and done yesterday. There is no chance of changing ANYTHING to this reserve system regardless of countless meetings with the LEC, MEC and even Carol (the woman behind the curtain) Austin. That is pretty much what I have been trying to say. The intentions are good but save the energy and redirect it toward a new agreement and reserve system. This one ISN'T changing.

Someone I was flying with brought up an excellent point the other day. The more we scream and yell and demand changes, the more important the company sees it is. Though they know how we hate it they will NOT change a thing to this system outside of negotiations. With that being said we need to get these negotiations done and done yesterday. There is no chance of changing ANYTHING to this reserve system regardless of countless meetings with the LEC, MEC and even Carol (the woman behind the curtain) Austin. That is pretty much what I have been trying to say. The intentions are good but save the energy and redirect it toward a new agreement and reserve system. This one ISN'T changing.
Let me say this - who do you think is telling the company? at the last meeting 11 people showed up. the only reason MIKE aggreed to even bring it to the comittee for rotating reserve was because a b/h stated why could he not bring it to them? After we asked 4 or 5 times mind you. No one (union) is bringing up our issues. Look at issues that were brought to the company sick time, pay, vacation. reserve is not being heard because we are not screaming or yelling. reserves are sitting back saying cant do this cant do that im not going to a meeting im off today. im not writing to anyone i dont have time. I will give you this there is no chance because no one is backing the reseves. if you all would stand up then WE WOULD HAVE A CHANCE. yelling and screaming what a laugh 11 people the meeting before that one about 50 people...one before that maybe 40 who hears that?

pref bid ...the the computer program needed has to be agreed on by the company and AFA. Ofcourse the company wants to use a cheep program that will violate seniority. They dont want to spend the cash for the good one.
That's fine and good(for the BH's), but that leaves every rsv hanging out to dry. Glad to see the union could hold out( or not get at all) a great Pref Bid deal for the BH's. Too bad they couldn't do the same for a rsv. The longer the union puts of pref bid, the longer the bid sheet stays around. Awefully funny how that worked out, isn't it?