How Many Mass Shootings Are There, Really?

Glenn Quagmire said:
No, they have not. Social media happened.
Without exploding the heads of the low information, 140 character or less crowd, there are historical examples of what we are experiencing now.
It would definitely explode their heads

Glenn Quagmire said:
Without exploding the heads of the low information, 140 character or less crowd, there are historical examples of what we are experiencing now.
Yet another liberal with a total lack of self awareness.

Reactions: 1 person
On cue, clueless checks in. And to add to the fray:

"Donald Trump calls for total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering U.S."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/unhinged-republicans-slamming-donald-trumps-230237889.htmlI

I wonder what he is going to do with all the Muslims freinds he has (that just last week he was schmoozing over) and that work for him?

"A rather skeptical Greta Van Susteren asked Trump about U.S. military members serving overseas who happen to be Muslim. Trump said they can come home, but we have to be vigilant. He spoke of tremendous hatred and animosity as a big problem that has to be addressed.

He even said, I have Muslim friends, Greta, and theyre wonderful people.

Van Susteren asked, Does this apply to your Muslim friends?"

.I'm sure he can build a big camp with a very tall wall to keep them all in until he can find out "what they are up to".

I am almost beginning to hope he does get the nomination.

If elected, and that is a loooooooong shot, he will get little to nome of what he says done, and the theocrats, religious right, neocons, teapartiers and most of the other modern day GOP crazies will ne locked out for at least four more years.

Could be worse

Glenn Quagmire said:
"Donald Trump calls for total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering U.S."https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/unhinged-republicans-slamming-donald-trumps-230237889.htmlI
I wonder what he is going to do with all the Muslims freinds he has (that just last week he was schmoozing over) and that work for him?
"A rather skeptical Greta Van Susteren asked Trump about U.S. military members serving overseas who happen to be Muslim. Trump said they can come home, but we have to be vigilant. He spoke of tremendous hatred and animosity as a big problem that has to be addressed.
.I'm sure he can build a big camp with a very tall wall to keep them all in until he can find out "what they are up to".
Why not? Wasn't your progressive hero and idol FDR responsible for Japanese internment camps?

lol

Reactions: 2 people
townpete said:
Why not? Wasn't your progressive hero and idol FDR responsible for Japanese internment camps?
Democrats tend to block out that period of time. They also stopped all immigration of Germans and Italians during the time, and didn't even want to bring in Jews after the genocide rumors started.

https://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-by-era/world-war-ii/resources/immigration-policy-world-war-ii

The difference, thought, with today and 1941 is that those doing the persecuting and shooting didn't want to see that violence spreading outside their borders.

ISIS and the other terrorist organizations *want* to spread that violence to other countries. And they seem to be doing a pretty good job, since they've attacked France, the US, and Russian citizens on their own soil.

They've also tried it in the UK -- yesterday, an attacker using knives instead of guns, since guns are banned. Then there was the beheading of the British soldier two years ago, and a car bomb attack at MAN five or six years ago. (Lesson to liberals -- getting rid of the guns just means they'll use different weapons....)

Reactions: 2 people
"Democrats tend to block out that period of time."

Now you're reading and speaking the minds of all Democrats?

Incrdible...

I call BS

Sometimes people who think actually learn from the mistakes of history, and choose not to deliberately repeat them.

And whatever you mean by the people doing the shooting not wanting the violence spread outside their own borders, I believe that Germany carried the violence to all of Europe, North Africa, and Russia. To start with.

eolesen said:
Democrats tend to block out that period of time. They also stopped all immigration of Germans and Italians during the time, and didn't even want to bring in Jews after the genocide rumors started.

https://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-by-era/world-war-ii/resources/immigration-policy-world-war-ii

The difference, thought, with today and 1941 is that those doing the persecuting and shooting didn't want to see that violence spreading outside their borders.

ISIS and the other terrorist organizations *want* to spread that violence to other countries. And they seem to be doing a pretty good job, since they've attacked France, the US, and Russian citizens on their own soil.

They've also tried it in the UK -- yesterday, an attacker using knives instead of guns, since guns are banned. Then there was the beheading of the British soldier two years ago, and a car bomb attack at MAN five or six years ago. (Lesson to liberals -- getting rid of the guns just means they'll use different weapons....)

Huh?

When is the last time over 100 people were stabbed to death in a terrorist attack?

(Lesson to conservatives -- having everyone with guns just means they'll use different weapons (see Israel for examples)....)

eolesen said:
Democrats tend to block out that period of time. They also stopped all immigration of Germans and Italians during the time, and didn't even want to bring in Jews after the genocide rumors started.https://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-by-era/world-war-ii/resources/immigration-policy-world-war-iiThe difference, thought, with today and 1941 is that those doing the persecuting and shooting didn't want to see that violence spreading outside their borders.ISIS and the other terrorist organizations *want* to spread that violence to other countries. And they seem to be doing a pretty good job, since they've attacked France, the US, and Russian citizens on their own soil.They've also tried it in the UK -- yesterday, an attacker using knives instead of guns, since guns are banned. Then there was the beheading of the British soldier two years ago, and a car bomb attack at MAN five or six years ago. (Lesson to liberals -- getting rid of the guns just means they'll use different weapons....)
Maybe Britain needs to ban all knives!

Ms Tree said:
Huh?

When is the last time over 100 people were stabbed to death in a terrorist attack?

(Lesson to conservatives -- having everyone with guns just means they'll use different weapons (see Israel for examples)....)
So you saying 1 or 2 people killed by Islamic Terrorists, using knives is acceptable. Got it!

southwind said:
So you saying 1 or 2 people killed by Islamic Terrorists, using knives is acceptable. Got it!
Nope, no one said that either

Same Old Scarecrow

Same old song and dance

Deflection, name-calling and cartoons

This whole notion that somehow we need to say no more Muslims — and just ban a whole religion — goes against everything we stand for and believe in,” Cheney told radio host Hugh Hewitt. “I mean religious freedom’s been a very important part of our, our history.”

Glenn Quagmire said:

Social media really didn't get rolling into living rooms until some 27 years after the 70's.
Your historical examples also show things have changed. It ain't the same place we grew up in.

Glenn Quagmire said:

"Donald Trump calls for total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering U.S."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/unhinged-republicans-slamming-donald-trumps-230237889.htmlI

Your harping here is unwarranted. Your first sentence says it all. The man said " from entering".

There is nothing wrong with stopping immigration....we have done it a few times in history. We've even booted people out some three or more times previously.
And with the failure to properly vet incoming people, in the interest of national security, its not a bad idea until they can get better background check systems up and running.
These two in Ca proved the failure of our system.