How much has the association cost each member so far?

767 mechanic

Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
This process has been slowed down because of the association. If the iam would have stepped aside we would have had the Delta +7 along time ago. Approximately 8 months ago. This has cost the membership thousands of dollars due to the greed of little,buffenbarger and the afl-cio's trumpka. I have it figured at $7.00 an hour for mechanics. This would be equal to Delta +7. That would be equal to $280 a week per mechanic. So lets here some opinions on the starting dates of when we would have gotten the raise and how much it would have been. If I remember correctly the last group to get the raise was the APFA on Dec 2 2014. That means approximately 32 weeks times $7.00 for mechanics equals $960 that the association has cost each mechanic so far and the dollar amount is growing by the day.

Reactions: 6 people
But think how much the company has saved
They are just as guilty
1.9 billion last quarter but they can't give u the 4 percent. Put the blame where it belongs.

Reactions: 1 person
The two unions continue to collect union dues. That's all that counts. They stole our 14% equity hold. They screwed up an iron clad agreement on the company prefunding match. Have not heard a word about the GAIN program. More lost income. The 4% was a insult and the company knew they would never give it to us. It just created anamosity within the union and it's members. The Association is probably focused on how they are going to sell a POS IAM pension fund to a bunch of old timers. They should be focused on the major points. Pay rates, vacation, overtime, holidays, outsourcing, job protection, increasing 401K match. Did I leave any out?

AA-MRO.COM said:
But think how much the company has saved
They are just as guilty
1.9 billion last quarter but they can't give u the 4 percent. Put the blame where it belongs.
The blame is squarely on the union. They are our bargaining unit. Like it or not.

Reactions: 4 people
767 mechanic said:
This process has been slowed down because of the association. If the iam would have stepped aside we would have had the Delta +7 along time ago. Approximately 8 months ago. This has cost the membership thousands of dollars due to the greed of little,buffenbarger and the afl-cio's trumpka. I have it figured at $7.00 an hour for mechanics. This would be equal to Delta +7. That would be equal to $280 a week per mechanic. So lets here some opinions on the starting dates of when we would have gotten the raise and how much it would have been. If I remember correctly the last group to get the raise was the APFA on Dec 2 2014. That means approximately 32 weeks times $7.00 for mechanics equals $960 that the association has cost each mechanic so far and the dollar amount is growing by the day.
$280 per week X 32 weeks = $8960 and counting...

Reactions: 3 people
767 mechanic said:
I think you're low balling the figure, you forget sick time full pay plus additional sick days, double time, holidays, shift diff, 401k CONTRIBUTION, all things management is willing to give us, but union greed is keeping from us.

You do realize you would all be stuck with your Chapter 11 CBA till the amendable date and renegotiation if it wasnt for the merger and the Association?

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
You do realize you would all be stuck with your Chapter 11 CBA till the amendable date and renegotiation if it wasnt for the merger and the Association?
You're wrong, it's the afl cio, twu and iam that has kept us from voting for Union and caused the delay in getting us an industry leading contract like the other unions on the property. You do know there are other unions on the property that have industry leading contracts.

I wonder why the "Association" did not become proactive and start these meeting months ago between the IAM & TWU....even though they were not yet an official "Association"....come time when the courts appointed them the official agent  for the group they would have been able to step right up to the table and get things moving....no that would have made to much sense!!!  As usual costing the members $$$....Nothing has changed....I expect a joint contract maybe in about a year......and hopefully we will not be giving much back!!  On a positive note those of us on the IAM side have the mighty 1.5 automatic raise if they are unable to reach an agreement by next Sept...not counting the raise we are scheduled this Sept...

No I am not wrong.
If there was no merger, you wouldnt be getting a JCBA, you would be stuck under the Chapter 11 CBA till it is renegotiated after the amendable date.

No merger, no JCBA.

Go ask the TWU ATD why they refused to meet and prepare for negotiations.

No sense in crying over spilled milk, it'll just raise your BP.... it is what it is, they suck as representatives, I for one have moved on.

700UW said:
Yea!!! you tell them 700UW!!!......The  Pilots and Stewardesses chapter 11 contracts suck!!
 I bet they wish they had associations.  ;)

I seriously beleave that you need to walk away from the key-board.

Keep in mind that we not merged we would still be receiving profit sharing in a time of record profits even if AA was on its own. Also the wage adjustment language has been misinterpreted to include US now so merging didn't help us there either. Early opener clause would have kicked in by 9/2016 so if the question is did we the members at AA benefit from the merger? No profit sharing which would have far exceeded the 4.3% we got by far. I believe AA would have been better off without the merger and in a position now to takeover US now in retrospect.