Value of Concessions

Mr. Schurman has always been a pro company reporter,

Quite the opposite -- he's been beating up on AMR management and the unions equally over the past nine years. He's pro Southwest, but that's a pretty common trait in the Metroplex newsrooms. But even someone with an axe to grind can be right once in a while, and I think this time he is right. There hasn't been a pro-AMR reporter or columnist since Dan Reed left to go work for McPaper (USA Today).

And for the record, Mitch is not a reporter. He's a columnist. They get paid to write their opinions. They essentially submit their column and find out what graphics someone chose from stock photos when it goes to press.

The guy has his head up his................

If you say so, but he's not just looking at this from management's or the employee's point of view. He's looking at this in comparison with other companies in the area and in the industry, and frankly, I think he's been pretty even handed and reasonable.

Quite the opposite -- he's been beating up on AMR management and the unions equally over the past nine years. He's pro Southwest, but that's a pretty common trait in the Metroplex newsrooms. But even someone with an axe to grind can be right once in a while, and I think this time he is right. There hasn't been a pro-AMR reporter or columnist since Dan Reed left to go work for McPaper (USA Today).

And for the record, Mitch is not a reporter. He's a columnist. They get paid to write their opinions. They essentially submit their column and find out what graphics someone chose from stock photos when it goes to press.

If you say so, but he's not just looking at this from management's or the employee's point of view. He's looking at this in comparison with other companies in the area and in the industry, and frankly, I think he's been pretty even handed and reasonable.

You probably think FOX News is "fair and balanced" as well.