How's that Arab Spring working out

Where was that reported? I have not heard or read anything that gave a determination on what happened.
Well, protesters don't normally show up and then attack with with RPGs. That's kind of a clue. Also, reading an article on USA today reporting the arrest in Libya of several militants suspected of taking part in the attack, or protest. An article provided by McClatchy in the Ft Worth Star-Telegram quotes the landlord of the embassy as witnessing gunmen firing assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades and carrying the black flag of an Islamic extremist group.

Gooberment didn't require bids at that time.
Halliburton was not a bid process as 'THE' Dick made too much ancillary revenue.
Blackwater was not a bid either.
IIRC
B) xUT

Oh BULLCRAP! Government cannot assign contract and outsourced jobs without a bid! Sometimes there are no lower bidders or there are no other bidders or it would be in the courts pretty quick!

No matter what you think, we don't know the whole story so we blame Dick or George or whoever. We tend to see the easy side, but I have to wonder if there was another security force that would have gone into Fallujah at the time. Sometimes lower bidders go bankrupt because they didn't calculate variables and can't hold the extra costs.

So think what you want, but your beautiful country's people believe they actually elect a president.

I am going by what you said, not going to research your posts as it is not necessary.
If you believe

Then you would have never stated

JMHO,

B) xUT

Interesting how you twist things with you said but you meant this...

If we're talking about the religion of peace, then throwing in Christians is appropriate, I didn't MIX the two, I was just pointed out how certain things go hand-in-hand. So keep dissecting so you can prove that I contradict myself, in that case, this thread is about religion, so lets keep politics out! Go ahead, make my day...

What does that have to do with anything. You asked why there were contractors I gave an answer. Blackwater was not less expensive.than GI's. They are.paid about three times as much as a GI. If the Marines are short on people they have to hire out.

Smoking again, huh? Newsflash...I wasn't talking to you.
Newsflash2...THINK! Blackwater was there to keep GI casualties down. Remember Fallujah? Well I could be wrong, but I know I'm not. If those were soldiers we would have felt it more than the contractors.

If this argument is going to be used regarding staffing at an embassy then one would also have to apply that to Seal team 6 that killed Obama. Obama did not have a say in either case.

So you plan to kill guess who, and your not even giving him a say??? :lol:

Well, protesters don't normally show up and then attack with with RPGs. That's kind of a clue. Also, reading an article on USA today reporting the arrest in Libya of several militants suspected of taking part in the attack, or protest. An article provided by McClatchy in the Ft Worth Star-Telegram quotes the landlord of the embassy as witnessing gunmen firing assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades and carrying the black flag of an Islamic extremist group.

OK. That seems reasonable.

Oh BULLCRAP! Government cannot assign contract and outsourced jobs without a bid! Sometimes there are no lower bidders or there are no other bidders or it would be in the courts pretty quick!

No matter what you think, we don't know the whole story so we blame Dick or George or whoever. We tend to see the easy side, but I have to wonder if there was another security force that would have gone into Fallujah at the time. Sometimes lower bidders go bankrupt because they didn't calculate variables and can't hold the extra costs.

So think what you want, but your beautiful country's people believe they actually elect a president.
Linky--->>
Examples of potential no-bid contracts include those awarded to Blackwater and Halliburton by the United States government for work relating to the War in Iraq and most currently Amazon sourcing the Kindle for Second Language Teaching overseas by the State Department in a no-bid, $16.5 million contract because “the Amazon Kindle is the only e-Reader on the market that meets the Government’s needs, and Amazon as the only company possessing the essential capabilities required by the Government. It has international 3G, text-to-speech features and a long battery life, which “other e-readers such as the Barnes and Noble Nook, the Sony Reader Daily and Kobe [sic] e-Reader cannot provide."

DOH!

You are clueless.

Google "sole source contract". It is done in cases where urgency exists. It is also used when it has been shown in previous solicitations that there is no one else who can demonstrate the ability to perform.

You should study up on the FAR's. Hint; that acronym also means something other than Federal Aviation Regulation.

You are clueless.

Google "sole source contract". It is done in cases where urgency exists. It is also used when it has been shown in previous solicitations that there is no one else who can demonstrate the ability to perform.

You should study up on the FAR's. Hint; that acronym also means something other than Federal Aviation Regulation.

Sorry Kids,
While I don't often agree with Glenn he is spot on this time.

Here is a brief description of "No-Bid" or Sole Source Contracting from our friends at wikipedia.

The term "no-bid contract" is a popular phrase for what is officially known as a "sole source contract" which means that there is only one person or company that can provide the contractual services needed, so any attempt to obtain bids would only result in that person or company bidding on it.
A no-bid contract is awarded usually, but not always, by a government group after soliciting and negotiating with only one firm (see 48 CFR § 2.101). These contracts can be negotiated much more quickly than a typical competitive contract because there is no due-process but on the other hand, they are often fraught with suspicion that the company used illegal or immoral means to exclude competitors (usually by cronyism or bribery).
Nevertheless, U.S. law permits the government to award sole source contracts under specified circumstances (48 CFR Ch. 1, Part 6) but no-bid contracts are illegal under European Union commissioning law.[sup][citation needed][/sup] Usually the reason is cost and urgency as a no-bid contract allows the government to get contractors working as quickly as possible in an "urgent" situation.

The horror, they trashed a KFC which was probably owned by a local and the workers were local.
Gotta love the drama, starting to look like the Islamist version of the LA riots...
IMHO these people have too much time on their hands.
B) xUT

Back