How's the 401K these days?

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
How 'bout that veto proof majority now?

In a radio interview with Kirby Wilbur in Seattle on Oct. 27, 2008, Ghilarducci explained that her proposal doesn’t eliminate the tax breaks, rather, “I’m just rearranging the tax breaks that are available now for 401(k)s and spreading — spreading the wealth.â€

The majority of witness testimony during recent hearings before the House Committee on Education and Labor showed that congressional Democrats intend to address income and wealth inequality through redistribution.

Even people who don’t pay taxes should get money from the government, paid for by higher-income Americans, he said. “There is no obvious reason why lower-income taxpayers or people who do not file income taxes should get smaller incentives (or no tax incentives at all),†Greenstein said.

Should Sen. Barack Obama win the presidency, congressional Democrats might have stronger support for their “spreading the wealth†agenda. On Oct. 27, the American Thinker posted a video of an interview with Obama on public radio station WBEZ-FM from 2001.

In the interview, Obama said, “The Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society.†The Constitution says only what “the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you,†and Obama added that the Warren Court wasn’t that radical.
“The real tragedy of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused that I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change,†Obama said.

Boy....how's about all that money us airline employees stowed away in the 401K?

Hope you'll be happy now with the Obama-Pelosi-Reid ticket :lol:

Nobama Supporters won't realize..................or admit their mistake, until they notice their online banking accounts now show a $0.00 balance ! :shock:

Then again, I'm sure some of them will be happy knowing their money went to someone who DIDN'T earn it ! :up:

Nobama Supporters won't realize..................or admit their mistake, until they notice their online banking accounts now show a $0.00 balance ! :shock:

Then again, I'm sure some of them will be happy knowing their money went to someone who DIDN'T earn it ! :up:

I'm sure they are already discounting this as rampant rightwing horsecrap....but it looks like its been looked into for awhile,and by their favorite party nonetheless.

How 'bout that veto proof majority now?

Should Sen. Barack Obama win the presidency, congressional Democrats might have stronger support for their “spreading the wealth†agenda. On Oct. 27, the American Thinker posted a video of an interview with Obama on public radio station WBEZ-FM from 2001.

In the interview, Obama said, “The Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society.†The Constitution says only what “the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you,†and Obama added that the Warren Court wasn’t that radical.
“The real tragedy of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused that I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change,†Obama said.

Boy....how's about all that money us airline employees stowed away in the 401K?

Hope you'll be happy now with the Obama-Pelosi-Reid ticket :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8060900950.html

Most ameircans don't make more than 250 K a year , so if your one of the few who do and your crying about it ...

TOUGH ..

drastic measures need to be taken to save this nations economy ... that wealth distribution your crying about is called higher taxes ...

taxes to pay the police fire , roads etc .. and as far as the "stimulus "checks , those only go to people who paid taxes into the system , so if you didn't work , and meet the treashold , you won't be getting money back ...

your going to be taxed more because as i said before our nation is broke , if your rich , it's now going to be your turn to help out ...

THANKS ! :up:

Most ameircans don't make more than 250 K a year , so if your one of the few who do and your crying about it ...

TOUGH ..

drastic measures need to be taken to save this nations economy ... that wealth distribution your crying about is called higher taxes ...

taxes to pay the police fire , roads etc .. and as far as the "stimulus "checks , those only go to people who paid taxes into the system , so if you didn't work , and meet the treashold , you won't be getting money back ...

your going to be taxed more because as i said before our nation is broke , if your rich , it's now going to be your turn to help out ...

Taxed more?

Best read the fine print....you're about to be robbed....plain and simple.

I'm getting laid off next month. I don't make $250k/year but I do make enough to pay several thousand dollars in taxes.

I've decided that I'm not going to look for another job in my line of work. I've done $8/hr work before. I'll just go back to doing that for a while.

Thanks go to Barack Obama, 'freedom', my ex-wife, her crooked lawyer, and the crooked family court, and all the other nutjobs out there for helping me make this decision.

You want to punish me for being successful? Fine, I'll stop being successful. I hope you're happy!

Shoot I don't even care if Barack Obama takes my 401(k) because I have $0 in it now. It went to my ex-wife, and now it's a race between those two idiots to see who spends it first.

The only one being punished unfairly here is Delta Air Lines, because this means no more business trips. :(

TOUGH ..

Err..............hate to be the one to inform you but, when Nobama and the rest of the Demorats let the Bush Tax Cuts lapse, you'll be paying more "TAXES" too ! :shock:

Or did you miss that one, during your "Euphoric-Period" while Nobama was preachin' ? :blink:

I think I'm gonna quit work too..................and let "The Self-Annoited One" and the rest of the Demorats take care of my every need ! :up:

Sit and play xbox all day and get drunk..............sounds like easy-livin' to me !

first of all south wind , i'm not alligned with any poltical party , althou i share the deomcratic econmic views and republican moral views ... so no , obama is not jesus to me ...

tell me , where is everyone getting all of this talk about people who don't work mooching off of the system ? i think it was only a few years ago the unemployment rate was 3.8 percent ....

Are you bitching about the crippled people and the mentally disabled not working ?