Hypocrisy

It's kinda hard to grow an airline..especially when key pieces of it are being parked in the desert (GYR) due to being timed out for required S-Checks.

Growth you say?? We are shrinking in violation of the CBA's as we speak.

Somebody needs to be pressing this issue too !!!

AOG-N-IT said:
Dave has some valid points about our work rules
This was by far my favorite. "The customers" want better work rules..????? Who is he kidding? They don't give a good lick!!!!
It is he that STILL wants to drain every last drop of blood from our veins.
I said it before and I will say it again.

Dave, you have lost ALL trust and credibility with these employee groups. We don't care about YOUR desire to stay and fight. We are done with you.

We need a divorce!!!!!!!

A couple other points while I am blowing off some steam here. One being, where the hell is our corporate communications department? I am sick and tired of every article you read that mentions our company being prefaced with negative adjectives. Financially troubled US Airways. Formerly Bankrupt US Airways. Struggling US Airways. Why are we not putting a hault to that? How is it that a college student can smuggle materials on a WN airplane, create a national security crisis, yet the news touts the fact that WN accomplished checks on all of its airplanes in a an expedited manner to ensure customer safety. It is unreal. It is extremely rare that you will find an article anywhere that paints WN in a negative light. Where is Dave Castlevetter and his crew? Why are we not challenging how we are portrayed in the media?

markmywords funny you should mention this. A few weeks ago I met a former employee who happens to be a journalist covering the travel industry. When we got to talking about why we get such awful press this person pretty much had nothing nice to say about corporate communications. This person said that this company has a bad reputation with the media because of that departments abrasive manner. Its been a problem for a long time since Wolf started and that there used to be good people working there but they have all left. I asked this person what they thought shuld be done. This person pretty much said that the entire department should be fired and a pr firm brought in to help save whats left of the company's image. Basically the company is going to have to dish out big bucks to make this happen. I felt really dejected after this conversation. This person mentioned they feel bad because they have really tried over the years to get good press for the company but for a number of reasons stories never came about because of lack of cooperatoin from that department.

I believe it is time for our Unions (which are US!), to place ads in major newspapers on how Siegel has a vote of no confidnece. It is time to get the attention of our Board of Directors and major shareholders. There is no hope as long as Siegel and his chosen stooges are in charge.

Dave Bronner, how much money do you want to loose? You cannot hide your head in the sand much longer!

Our line in the sand is Dave MUST GO!

FlyingHippie said:
markmywords funny you should mention this. A few weeks ago I met a former employee who happens to be a journalist covering the travel industry. When we got to talking about why we get such awful press this person pretty much had nothing nice to say about corporate communications. This person said that this company has a bad reputation with the media because of that departments abrasive manner. Its been a problem for a long time since Wolf started and that there used to be good people working there but they have all left. I asked this person what they thought shuld be done. This person pretty much said that the entire department should be fired and a pr firm brought in to help save whats left of the company's image. Basically the company is going to have to dish out big bucks to make this happen. I felt really dejected after this conversation. This person mentioned they feel bad because they have really tried over the years to get good press for the company but for a number of reasons stories never came about because of lack of cooperatoin from that department.
yes,just look at the way corporate has dealt with phl and pit...or tpa and bwi.... sometimes it makes one feel like they are dealing with a group of spoiled little brats....

I'd fly an RJ PIT-BTV (although I've flown it on mainline and on the D-328s, the latter of which I prefer to either the CRJ or the "little/non 170/190" ERJs).

PHL-ATL on an RJ is just silly.

diogenes said:
Here's my bottom line.

I am prepared to work my ass off to restore U to it's rightful place.

I am prepared to take my chances with a BK judge before I ever take another chance on current management.

It's NOT mutually exclusive.
Thanks for your kind words everyone. It is nice to be missed. B) Nothing like a weeks vacation, sun, surf and sand to open up the mind.

Diogenes - I just love your thinking. I am with you, I am williing to bust my hump for this airline - as I am sure the majority of employees are. The problem now lies with Dave and his inability to lead and inspire the employees to rally against the common enemy.

I remember when CO started CO Lite and threatened to push us into the Atlantic Ocean. Did we hear our CEO constantly whine about competitive cost structure? No. Did we fight back as a collective group of employees? Well, I don't see a CO Lite and I am sure I am not treading water. LOL

It is time for him to right this ship, motivate his employees, pour everything he's got into a competitive response to this action. Times ticking Dave......get on the ball already.

diogenes said:
Here's my bottom line.

I am prepared to work my ass off to restore U to it's rightful place.

I am prepared to take my chances with a BK judge before I ever take another chance on current management.

It's NOT mutually exclusive.
i'm still in the woods as far as going back into BK....how do you do that if you got 2 billion in the bank?
we aren't making money,but they didn't project a profit until spring 2005...and it seems they are on course as to where they felt they'd be...
i heard june 1 '04 is a target date for the reorginizatin plan....this could trigger BK again?
he goes BK again....it will get real ugly with the groups....take it to the bank.
anyone want to speculate,he parks 10 buses,forces a loss so he can intentionally get BK and open contracts back up...???
of course it will all be IAM'S fault.......

Dude, I'm sure Dave & dave can shuffle the $$ as needed. I'm just looking down the road and sending a message now.

dave sure seemed all a' twitter about WN in PHL. I'm forced to ask, this was an unseen possibility by the CCY braintrust?

Let me offer crystal-ball gazing gratis.

EMB's will NOT be the savior of U. If they had an inherent advantage outside of 'scopebusting', WN would already have them. And if U hits the trifecta, RJ-wise, WN could buy all they wanted.

The Carib. is a short-term solution. Nothing stopping WN and JB from flying there, either.

In short, WN can out-manuever U because we have a failed-business plan.

More navel-gazing for the Palace. Employees know, either instinctively or explicitly, they are being asked to subsidize a failing business plan, and there's NO REPLACEMENT PLAN ON THE BOARDS!

In short, dave is saying, for U, the corporation, to become successful, you, the employee, must become unsuccessful.

Any wonder why he's having trouble selling that?

USAirUnited said:
We can not let Southwest, AirTran, JetBlue, Ameica West beat us at our own east coast game.. We OWN this side of the Mississippi and we shouldn't hand it over to the likes of Air Trash on a silver plate because of internal bickering.
we gladly took BWI. looking foward to taking PHL.

PS: I'm not sure US is even ABLE to play the east coast game.

wnfan37 said:
we gladly took BWI. looking foward to taking PHL.

PS: I'm not sure US is even ABLE to play the east coast game.
i hope you remember continental "was going to drive us into the atlantic"-don't let your head swell too much ,pallie....we got enough ballon heads here now anyway....stay on the left coast please....

Another brilliant idea from our top manager, speaking now to rumors. Must have hit a nerve, huh dave. How about LISTENING TO THE CUSTOMER. Make them WANT to fly U. You might then be able to turn a profit and let the employees do their jobs.

Will management heed or continue to bleed ????